PDA

View Full Version : Worldwide Internet Slowdown?

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2002, 07:26 PM
Anyone go to www.internettrafficreport.com on a regular basis? I just went there, and I've never seen numbers that low across North America (indicating a severe slowdown). The packet loss is averaging close to 50%, unless I'm reading it wrong....

Hmmmmmmmm....

==PA

Tom
09-05-2002, 07:32 PM
My download time has always been lightning, but going from page to page has really bogged down lately. Many times, I have to click the links several times before anything even starts, then long waits are now common.
El Queda flooding the 'net with new instructions???
BTW, never seen that site before-thanks for the link.

PaceAdvantage
09-06-2002, 01:16 AM
I never paid much attention to that site, but I just checked it...North America is getting hammered with a 19 rating (out of a possible 100). And this is after 1:00am on the East Coast!!!

If you check the 30 day packet loss graph, you can see something has been slowing the internet down substantially recently.....

Interesting.....

==PA

BillW
09-06-2002, 03:00 AM
Any MS viruses on the loose?

Tom
09-07-2002, 12:09 PM
The whole world is showing 00!
Maybe Boxcar is uploading???? <G>
:rolleyes:

highnote
09-12-2002, 09:29 AM
Last night, September 11 (9/11), about 8:00pm my ZoneAlarm firwall software crashed for no apparent reason - which, I assume, left my computer vulnerable. It has never crashed since the day I installed it. I thought it was ironic it crashed on 9/11. It's probably nothing, but I thought I'd mention it in case others experienced the same thing.

I've noticed a slowdown on my internet surfing. I have a cable modem. It may be that there are too many people surfing with cable modems and the cable can't handle the traffic. Probably a lot of households have two or more computers networked on one cable modem. That adds a lot of traffic.

Dave Schwartz
09-12-2002, 11:24 AM
I can tell you that things are much slower at my place as well (and I've got a T1).

The surf must be up (so to speak).

Dave