PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft to hackers: Take your best shot

csperberg
08-03-2006, 05:12 PM
I found this article on CNN's website http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/ptech/08/03/microsoft.hackers.ap/index.html

Interesting to see MS taking a better approach to security around their new OS this time. Hopefully the end result is a better more trustworthy product for their customers.

ghostyapper
08-15-2006, 01:02 PM
Thats the equivalent of the 76 bucs telling the 85 bears to take your best shot.

I agree its good the backlash finally got to microsoft and they have focused more on security than pushing out a product ASAP.

Snag
08-15-2006, 01:30 PM
Does this put some of the security software makers on notice that their products may not be needed in the future? Norton, watch out.

Tom
08-15-2006, 06:23 PM
I hardly think anyone's best shot is needed to hack MS products. MS should probably fir the morons they have now and hire the hackers.
I suspect it is only a matter of time until Windows comes down with PMS!
My prediction for Vista - it will be the best advertising tool linux could ever want.
I heard Apple was willing to pay for all the Vista TV ads, too! :lol:

DJofSD
08-15-2006, 08:35 PM
Security is not something that is added in as an afterthought. M$ has paid the price for making things open and flexible. Now they tell us they've gotten serious about security. Sounds just like W in the middle of his 2nd term -- we've got to secure our borders. Bull sh*t!

ghostyapper
08-16-2006, 02:48 PM
Does this put some of the security software makers on notice that their products may not be needed in the future? Norton, watch out.

As long as microsoft is around, security products will always be needed. You can't change the philosophy of a multi billion dollar company overnight.