PDA

View Full Version : TRIP/TRACK BIAS NOTES

mr.lansky
08-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Does anyone know of a reliable trip note/track bias service?

Dan Montilion
08-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Try this http://logicdictates.com/

I used this service for a couple of seasons while in search of a new circuit. Nick Spyros produces an excellent and cost effective product for the NYRA circuit. I just could not get the California out of the boy and moved back to SoCal. You could do a search of this forum as this product has been discussed in the past.

classhandicapper
08-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Logic Dictates is an excellent product for NY.

I've been a customer for so long I can't remember when I first subscribed.

andicap
08-01-2006, 07:58 PM
I'll add to the unanimous vote for Nick. I used him back when I was speed/trip/bias player and his service is the best. Only provides notes for NYRA races tho, no shipper tracks.

He's one of the real honest guys out there. Make sure you tell him you heard about his service on paceadvantage.com.

the_fat_man
08-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Logic Dictates is an excellent product for NY.

I've been a customer for so long I can't remember when I first subscribed.

Why am I genuinely shocked that you, of all people, are buying trip notes.

BIG49010
08-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Logic's notes are tops, I wish there was another service like Nick's for Churchill and Gulfstream.

classhandicapper
08-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Why am I genuinely shocked that you, of all people, are buying trip notes.

Why?

I watch the races in NY (plus most major stakes) and make mental notes of some things, but I'm willing to pay someone else that is very competent to watch the replays for endless numbers of hours to get some of the details I missed.

I used to make pace figures also, but why bother if CJ produces high quality ones for the whole country.

I can use my time more effectively this way.

When in doubt, I watch replays, look at charts, and spot check things.

Valuist
08-02-2006, 09:49 AM
I know a guy in Chicago who produces a product called Trip Notes, which is basically speed figures that also include pace, bias and path width. No they don't include weight and wind. Just the important stuff. :)

BIG49010
08-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Can you give out a name and number?

Thank you

Big

the_fat_man
08-02-2006, 01:31 PM
Why?

I watch the races in NY (plus most major stakes) and make mental notes of some things, but I'm willing to pay someone else that is very competent to watch the replays for endless numbers of hours to get some of the details I missed.

I used to make pace figures also, but why bother if CJ produces high quality ones for the whole country.

I can use my time more effectively this way.

When in doubt, I watch replays, look at charts, and spot check things.

Went to his site and looked around. I have interest in this cause I'm thinking of making an attempt at fulltime play, with a focus on trips. Since he's selling his notes (and has for years), it follows that he can't make a living at the game. Which means that either he's not very good
or
he is good and the game is not beatable (at least not with trips [and pace/speed] )

(Of course, he needn't reveal all in the notes he sells.)

which means that maybe I should stay lazy:bang:

Then again, the little guy can't beat the game either, and he just got a writeup in the New York Times -go figure

I'm better looking than he is :lol:
he's thinner
I'm older
he's shorter

and he can't tell what lead a horse is on

hot as hell here

kitts
08-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Good track bias here And, it's free!!

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/editorial/full_edition.cgi

skate
08-02-2006, 01:38 PM
well, i agree on the heat

Wickel
08-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Are these trip notes detailed? For example, if a horse breaks slowly, does he tell you how many lengths? Same questions with wide trips and horses steadying?

Finally, and most important, how much does this service cost?

andicap
08-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Are these trip notes detailed? For example, if a horse breaks slowly, does he tell you how many lengths? Same questions with wide trips and horses steadying?

Finally, and most important, how much does this service cost?

Yes, very detailed.

Tom
08-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Good track bias here And, it's free!!

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/editorial/full_edition.cgi

Kitts,
Do you know - when they list favored Running styles in the At a Glances, is the RS from the last paceline in the PPs or is it the RS that was exhibited in the race today?

Thanks

Wickel - there are examples of the notes at thier website.

LaughAndBeMerry
08-02-2006, 09:07 PM
I was one of Nick's earliest subscribers, though I haven't used the product in years. No particular reason why I stopped, I just don't play NYRA that much anymore.

His trip notes are terrific, and his Beyer type speed figures are much better than the DRF. Nick's a true gentleman to boot.

delayjf
08-03-2006, 04:29 PM
150.00 for three months is not bad.

classhandicapper
08-03-2006, 07:39 PM
150.00 for three months is not bad.

It's even cheaper if you buy it for 6 months. There are also occasionally specials included like trips for a handful of major stakes outside NY, Kee trips etc...

mr.lansky
08-03-2006, 09:14 PM
for everyone who replied to my trip notes question, thank you very much. i am still getting the hang on how to reply on this site, since i am pretty slow technical wise with websites. i don't even know how to email individuals yet on this. thanks again. i wrote logic dictates an email.

andicap
08-04-2006, 11:26 AM
for everyone who replied to my trip notes question, thank you very much. i am still getting the hang on how to reply on this site, since i am pretty slow technical wise with websites. i don't even know how to email individuals yet on this. thanks again. i wrote logic dictates an email.

Tell us how it comes out. I'm a big fan of Nick -- he's a real ball-buster too. A hoot. He came to this site about six months or a year ago and got a bit of a free ad from his fans like me. I had felt bad about quitting his service it was so good and he was so honest and competant. So I emailed him telling him I was sorry for quitting 15 years ago but wasn't I making it up to him with my endorsement. Big deal, he replied, he hadn't gotten a single response!

needlless to say Nick did not take out an ad on this site. :D

LaughAndBeMerry
08-09-2006, 11:25 AM
Are there any members making trip notes / track bias notations for the following circuits that are willing to sell or license them. This isn't a gimmick, if you're interested send me a private message and we can talk. I will explain all.

NYRA (though I'll probably contact Logic Dictates)
KY
FL
CHI
S Cal.
N. Cal
Ontario
Maryland
Jersey
Delaware

LaughAndBeMerry
08-09-2006, 01:08 PM
I think I've got a place for N. Cal & S. Cal, but still very interested in anyone willing to supply notes & bias for
KY
CHI
Ontario
Maryland
Jersey
Delaware

You can contact me via a post or a PM.

LBM