PDA

View Full Version : US bent over again

DJofSD
07-31-2006, 08:44 PM
China to drill for oil between US and Cuba. (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/4/27/224539.shtml?s=ic)

Apparently the US really doesn't need nor care about oil reserves.

JustRalph
07-31-2006, 09:45 PM
this blows me away. from the first time I heard about this......... I thought that Congress needs this thrown right at their feet. This is crap.

Tom
07-31-2006, 09:48 PM
This is outrageous.
Does the Truman Docctrine apply here?

If this government doesn't stop this and start drilling ourselves, I can see no earthly reason to support it anymore.

It is rally sad to see such a great nation totally destroyed by morons posing as leaders at all leversl.

We need another revolution.

DJofSD
07-31-2006, 09:59 PM
Oh, ya, it gets better.

That "advanced technologies" drilling is angled drilling -- sink a well over there, tap the oil reserves over here.

Wiley
07-31-2006, 11:23 PM
It's just as bad the fact that places like Venezuela and Boliva are kicking out American based oil and gas companies declaring nationalistic take overs of drilling rights and reneging on current contracts. So now it looks like Chavez is welcoming China with open arms in Venezuela and we cannot even protect our own resources from foreign exploitation.

Our government asleep at the wheel as usual. Don't points like this throw out the theory that the Iraqi invasion was only about the oil? or does it just point out the ineffectiveness in the current adminstrations ability to establish a decent energy policy and keep tabs on what's going on in our own backyard?

sq764
08-01-2006, 12:16 AM
China to drill for oil between US and Cuba. (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/4/27/224539.shtml?s=ic)

Apparently the US really doesn't need nor care about oil reserves.
This is old news..

April was a while ago buddy

JustRalph
08-01-2006, 02:02 AM
This is old news..

April was a while ago buddy

you are right. I heard about it a long time back. But, our Congress has had two chances since to vote on allowing our own companies to do the same thing and they have said "no"

Tom
08-01-2006, 02:29 AM
Remeber this November - just say NO to congress.
Vote NO to every one of the SOBs who voted against our drilling.

DJofSD
08-01-2006, 09:37 AM
sq -- well, excuuuuuuuusssssseee meeeeee!

It was new news to me.

Time to outsource Congress. It wouldn't have made any difference in this instance.

JustRalph
08-01-2006, 02:29 PM
hey Tom.........Mike Dewine is already 8 points down and begging for his base to "come back"

The rotten bastard is going to hopefully lose and he can then sit around calling his buddies in the gang of fourteen and commiserating on why they lost...........