PDA

View Full Version : Fusiachi Pegasus Preakness

Citation33
07-31-2006, 07:36 PM
Alot of people are talking about Bernardini proviing himself,which I think he did. BUt heres my question,so many people say oh Barbaro this and that and he wouldve won the Preakness if he hadnt broke down. Well I Remember a horse everyone said was the next greatest thing losing the Preakness. So heres my question. If (and Thank God it didnt) Fusiachi Pegasus broke down in the Preakness at the start wouldnt everyone had been saying "Oh he wouldve destroyed Red Bullet if he ran"

KirisClown
07-31-2006, 07:43 PM
I think a lot people would have.. Look at what Fusaichi Pegasus did to Red Bullet in the Wood Memorial...

classhandicapper
07-31-2006, 07:52 PM
IMO they almost definitely would have said that FP would have won because Red Bullet didn't run especially well in the Preakness even though he won. FP just ran worse.

KingChas
08-01-2006, 12:24 AM
Citation33; Alot of people are talking about Bernardini proviing himself,which I think he did. BUt heres my question,so many people say oh Barbaro this and that and he wouldve won the Preakness if he hadnt broke down.

Citation, I think you got your signals crossed.After the Preakness I didn't read any posters saying Barbaro would have won.Just a few posters stating Bernardini would have blew him away anyway.Which as I stated before could have been true but not the time to say that.Check archives.Foolish poll.Rubbing salt into the wound.No respect for a horse fighting for his life.

By the way ,I think Bernardini is one fine horse

KingChas
08-01-2006, 01:00 AM
So heres my question. If (and Thank God it didnt) Fusiachi Pegasus broke down in the Preakness at the start wouldnt everyone had been saying

I can see you have a great respect for horses.

PaceAdvantage
08-01-2006, 02:40 AM
The odd part about all of this is the fact that I don't remember ANYONE claiming a healthy Barbaro would have DESTROYED Bernardini in the Preakness. I remember everyone lamenting it would have been one hell of a race, not a blowout.

Citation33
08-01-2006, 01:32 PM
Odd part is, I never wrote that. When I said (destroyed) I was talking about Fu Peg and Red Bullet. Read the post. Fu Peg was a monster and was the next greatest thing certainly after winnning the derby and people said he was gonna blow away the weak Preakness field. For the other person Im not rubbing salt in wounds. There were people on many message boards writing how Barbaro wouldve beaten Bernardini if he got to run. I was just making a point about the Fu Peg Preakness. Just a fun poll,dont participate then. I wasnt knockin Fu Peg,Red Bullet,Bernardini,or Barbaro at all. They are and were very good horses. yeah I have "no respect for the horse (Barbaro)" Your nuts because I made a fun poll/ I never knocked any horse. Oh and where were your nice lets get him through this post when you see claiming horses break down. Oh I gues they are not superstars so they dont count to you. Dont tell me how I dont respect horses. I do more than you

Citation33
08-01-2006, 01:57 PM
I saw your other post that I do care because I said "Glad it didnt" about Fu Peg. So I apologize for ranting if you meant that. But i do care about horses and I was just making a fun post to see what people would say. There was no ill will in my post about any horses or their well being.

KingChas
08-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Citation, I apoligize for coming on so strong.I'm sure if your here you like horses..etc.Maybe with the constant daily breakdown updates it's wearing on my old nerves.

Good Luck. :ThmbUp: KC