PDA

View Full Version : Bing Crosby Hdcp. - Claim of Foul

Hosshead
07-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Saw the (Stewards) replay several times.
Thought there was no doubt the winning rider hit (whipped) the 2nd place horse, at a crucial time, just when he was making his move..
No DQ. :confused:

gjones6794
07-30-2006, 09:38 PM
I had $2 win on the 1. 3rd pick on my sheet, at 23-1 anything can happen. I guess it did. Anyway, I was happy it wasn't taken down.

stlseeeek
07-30-2006, 09:40 PM
i had that happen at del mar couple years ago, my jockey hit the outside horse head 3 times in the stretch. you could see the horse shy his head after being hit.

i thought for sure he was coming down, borderline tearing up winner tickets, but they kept him up. was a frankel horse

noel p hickeys horses used to murder horses in the stretch, and they wouldnt even call for a review. xmas in killarney came down and put a horse almost through the rail, then bore out and caused a horse to check, my horse ran 2nd and i was happy, then i see the race is official, i just shook my head. noel had that much power at ap at one time.

Hosshead
07-30-2006, 09:53 PM
I had $2 win on the 1. 3rd pick on my sheet, at 23-1 anything can happen. I guess it did. Anyway, I was happy it wasn't taken down.
I'm happy for you.
I didn't bet this race.
But after seeing the stewards rerun the video time and again, and stopping right when the rider whipped the face of the other horse, you think, O.K. now they SEE It !
No doubt the first place horse will be moved to 2nd.
Then the announcement: There will be No Change.....
Then you say What the **** is going on here ?? :eek:

ryesteve
07-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Too bad we've got this controversy. Otherwise the conversation would be, "When's the last you saw a horse win a Grade I off a claim??"

blind squirrel
07-30-2006, 10:07 PM
i feel for the people that singled the 5 in the pick 4.I bet PAT DAY
on HAWKSLEY HILL in the ATTO MILE at WOODBINE in 99,he hit the 4th place finisher with his whip.. DQ'D placed 4th.

Valuist
07-31-2006, 11:12 AM
i had that happen at del mar couple years ago, my jockey hit the outside horse head 3 times in the stretch. you could see the horse shy his head after being hit.

i thought for sure he was coming down, borderline tearing up winner tickets, but they kept him up. was a frankel horse

noel p hickeys horses used to murder horses in the stretch, and they wouldnt even call for a review. xmas in killarney came down and put a horse almost through the rail, then bore out and caused a horse to check, my horse ran 2nd and i was happy, then i see the race is official, i just shook my head. noel had that much power at ap at one time.

Hickey used to train for Duchossois, so he DID have a lot of power. But somewhere following the drug positive(s), Duchossois took the horses away from him......and eventually denied him stalls at Arlington.

linrom1
07-31-2006, 11:14 AM
This is unbelievable? I would think that the fans would burn down the place! At least there should've been a riot. Well, I guess that this is just yet another example of fleecing the fans and horseracing public taking it on the chin and saying thank you.

OTM Al
08-01-2006, 09:21 AM
TVG was on this Monday and their explanation made a lot of sense. I also expected the winner to be taken dow because in NY if you strike another horse, intentional or not, DQ is automatic. This is not the case in CA however in which it is discretionary by the stewards, and they evidently were not even sure if the horse was hit or just balked at a real close view of the whip. To their credit they are now in talks with TVG about being able to use their shots, which were not available to the stewards, as they give different and much better views of individual horses in the race

kenwoodallpromos
08-01-2006, 02:11 PM
TVG was on this Monday and their explanation made a lot of sense. I also expected the winner to be taken dow because in NY if you strike another horse, intentional or not, DQ is automatic. This is not the case in CA however in which it is discretionary by the stewards, and they evidently were not even sure if the horse was hit or just balked at a real close view of the whip. To their credit they are now in talks with TVG about being able to use their shots, which were not available to the stewards, as they give different and much better views of individual horses in the race
" (b) Although the use of a whip is not required, any jockey who uses a whip during a race is prohibited from whipping a horse: (1) on the head, flanks, or on any part of its body other than the shoulders or hind quarters;"
Dose not say which horse or that the head strike has to be intentional.

classhandicapper
08-01-2006, 03:09 PM
In any event, I think this race both clouded up and cleared up the sprint picture a little.

As I suspected, an older horse like Carthage couldn't sustain his improved and excellent form in recent races through a full year campaign. However, the loss by Bordonaro (even though off the layoff etc...) opened the door a little to someone that can put together a solid summer/fall campaign.

NY BRED
08-01-2006, 03:31 PM
when the stewards and jock call for an inquiry, and somehow the
three blind and deaf morons leave the horse up, one has to wonder
who monitors the stewards to protect the interests of the owner
and bettors.

regardless of anyone's arguments, the use of the whip to strike or intimidate
and on horse alongside your horse, automatically creates a loss of your
position and path.

were the jockey struck by a whip, would the same verdict exist?

horses can't talk, and while they may not bleed, this is actually
an act of cruelty to the animal.Yes, being whipped by their own
jockey ccould also be argued as cruel, but again in lal la
land anything goes...

quite a shameful statment

rrpic6
08-01-2006, 06:28 PM
i feel for the people that singled the 5 in the pick 4.I bet PAT DAY
on HAWKSLEY HILL in the ATTO MILE at WOODBINE in 99,he hit the 4th place finisher with his whip.. DQ'D placed 4th.

Thanks for feeling sorry for me, as I did have Bordonado singled in the Pick 4. Even my girlfriend, who knows absolutely zero about horseracing was watching the race, and saw him get hit in the face with the whip. I told her it was an automatic DQ and I was still alive in the Pick4. Then we get a lame excuse of "inconclusive" evidence. Time to call the Del Mar stewards...again.

Tom
08-02-2006, 12:23 PM
TVG just showed the iso replay - cleary, the horse was struck in the face and immediately shys away.

TVG says they have camera angles not available to the stewards. Sad that those conducting the racing do not have the technology of a third party.

Hosshead
08-02-2006, 11:48 PM
I watched the same replay the stewards watched, as they ran it back and forth many times.
I could tell from their video (even over the internet), that it was a foul. Especially when the horse reacted to it.
And what about the jockey who claimed foul. Did they think that he (and his horse) just made the whole thing up?

Somebody should give the stewards "days".
Like maybe 365
With no pay.