PDA

View Full Version : It didn't start on 9-11 25+ years of terror

JustRalph
07-28-2006, 05:33 AM
Just a reminder for some who are too young to remember all of these events. There is one common theme in all of these attacks. Muslim extremists. I have seen Hezoballah defended on this board this week. They have been portrayed as victims. Check the list below and count the Americans Hezbollah has killed in the last 25 years.

I was watching Hannity and Colmes tonight and saw some clips from a new documentary called "Obsession" and realized that there are some people out there who maybe don't have all of this in perspective. I was in the Air Force when the Marines were killed in Beirut. My brother was a Marine at the time. I can still recall how our country felt, and especially our Military. It was a few years after the Iranian hostage crisis and I would have never thought that 25 years later we would still be dealing with this crap. So for anybody who doesn't have this in the appropriate context.......it has been going on for 25 years........just a reminder.

Check out the link for the trailer for "Obsession" Some of the the things in this movie are more scary than anything I have seen on the networks.

http://www.honestreporting.com/obsession/

— November 1979: Muslim extremists (Iranian variety) seized the U.S. embassy in Iran and held 52 American hostages for 444 days, following Democrat Jimmy Carter's masterful foreign policy granting Islamic fanaticism its first real foothold in the Middle East.

— 1982: Muslim extremists (mostly Hezbollah) began a nearly decade-long habit of taking Americans and Europeans hostage in Lebanon, killing William Buckley and holding Terry Anderson for 6 1/2 years.

— April 1983: Muslim extremists (Islamic Jihad or possibly Hezbollah) bombed the U.S. Embassy in Beirut, killing 16 Americans.

— October 1983: Muslim extremists (Hezbollah) blew up the U.S. Marine barracks at the Beirut airport, killing 241 Marines.

— December 1983: Muslim extremists (al-Dawa) blew up the U.S. Embassy in Kuwait, killing five and injuring 80.

— September 1984: Muslim extremists (Hezbollah) exploded a truck bomb at the U.S. Embassy annex in Beirut, killing 24 people, including two U.S. servicemen.

— December 1984: Muslim extremists (probably Hezbollah) hijacked a Kuwait Airways airplane, landed in Iran and demanded the release of the 17 members of al-Dawa who had been arrested for the bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Kuwait, killing two Americans before the siege was over.

— June 14, 1985: Muslim extremists (Hezbollah) hijacked TWA Flight 847 out of Athens, diverting it to Beirut, taking the passengers hostage in return for the release of the Kuwait 17 as well as another 700 prisoners held by Israel. When their demands were not met, the Muslims shot U.S. Navy diver Robert Dean Stethem and dumped his body on the tarmac.

— October 1985: Muslim extremists (Palestine Liberation Front backed by Libya) seized an Italian cruise ship, the Achille Lauro, killing 69-year-old American Leon Klinghoffer by shooting him and then tossing his body overboard.

— December 1985: Muslim extremists (backed by Libya) bombed airports in Rome and Vienna, killing 20 people, including five Americans.

— April 1986: Muslim extremists (backed by Libya) bombed a discotheque frequented by U.S. servicemen in West Berlin, injuring hundreds and killing two, including a U.S. soldier.

— December 1988: Muslim extremists (backed by Libya) bombed Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, killing all 259 on board and 11 on the ground.

— February 1993: Muslim extremists (al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya, possibly with involvement of friendly rival al-Qaida) set off a bomb in the basement of the World Trade Center, killing six and wounding more than 1,000.

— Spring 1993: Muslim extremists (al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya, the Sudanese Islamic Front and at least one member of Hamas) plot to blow up the Lincoln and Holland tunnels, the U.N. complex, and the FBI's lower Manhattan headquarters.

— November 1995: Muslim extremists (possibly Iranian "Party of God") explode a car bomb at U.S. military headquarters in Saudi Arabia, killing five U.S. military servicemen.

— June 1996: Muslim extremists (13 Saudis and a Lebanese member of Hezbollah, probably with involvement of al-Qaida) explode a truck bomb outside the Khobar Towers military complex, killing 19 American servicemen and injuring hundreds.

— August 1998: Muslim extremists (al-Qaida) explode truck bombs at U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, killing 224 and injuring thousands.

— October 2000: Muslim extremists (al-Qaida) blow up the U.S. Navy destroyer USS Cole, killing 17 U.S. sailors.

— Sept. 11, 2001: Muslim extremists (al-Qaida) hijack commercial aircraft and fly planes into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and a field in Pennsylvania, killing nearly 3,000 Americans.

rastajenk
07-28-2006, 09:23 AM
Anyway you slice it, Ralph, all of those are Bush's fault.

Tom
07-28-2006, 10:36 AM
Remember this photo?
Ny introduction to the wonder world of islam....
1972 Olympics - PALESTINEAN TEROISTS.
Murdered the Israeli olympic team - for no other reason than they were Jews.

Dave Schwartz
07-28-2006, 11:52 AM
My local paper (Reno Gazette Journal) has an opinion article in it this morning by Bill O'Reilly on terrorism.

Now, I am not necessarily a big fan of his but this article hit it right on the head.

Look for it tomorrow on the web.

Dave

boxcar
07-28-2006, 11:57 AM

Yup, even retroactively. :D

Boxcar

46zilzal
07-28-2006, 12:03 PM
no, he and his cronies just blew this round.

rastajenk
07-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Well, the list stops eight months into his first term, so maybe he's doing something right.

46zilzal
07-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Madrid? Bali? London? many others don't count?

kind of selective editing don't you think??

46zilzal
07-28-2006, 02:50 PM
from one source.

Dave Schwartz
07-28-2006, 03:36 PM
So, if there have been so many Islamic terrorist attacks (which I am not doubting for a second) how come the left-wing of America is having such a hard time standing up for those being attacked?

Or, more succinctly, why are they not attacking the attackers (then) instead of the victims? (us)

46zilzal
07-28-2006, 04:45 PM
So, if there have been so many Islamic terrorist attacks (which I am not doubting for a second) how come the left-wing of America is having such a hard time standing up for those being attacked?

Or, more succinctly, why are they not attacking the attackers (then) instead of the victims? (us)
what??? that makes no sense

Tom
07-28-2006, 05:36 PM
what??? that makes no sense

Read Ralph's post, and Dave's slowly.
There is a pattern. And it stopped in 2001.
It GREW during the 90's.

46zilzal
07-28-2006, 05:40 PM
hasn't stopped a bit

Tom
07-28-2006, 05:44 PM
s-l-o-w-l-y

csperberg
07-28-2006, 05:53 PM
I hope I am on the right subject by posting this. I just think the bigger picture is what is needed. If I am off base oh well, it was not meant to be, just thought it followed what the subject is pertaining to.

Maybe we should just look at radical isalmic attacks in general to see why we fight this war that we do.

This list is from after 9-11 attacks on. Here are some links to a list of these attacks. I would have just pasted them here but the list was far to long.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks-2001-2003.htm

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks-2004.htm

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks-2005.htm

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks-2006.htm

According to the site more than 5463 terror attacks have been carried out since the 9-11 attacks.

Here is a link to attacks that happened in America over the past 33 years.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/AmericanAttacks.htm

Here is yet another chornological list being compiled of terror attacks by isalmic terrorist

http://www.classicalideals.com/chronology.htm

Here is also a list of countries that attacks in the name of islam have taken place. Some are isolated incidents, some are planned attacks, and some may not actually have been islamic attacks, since I could not find the proper information on all of them but included them non the less since terror is terror. Needless to say either way the list of countries is pretty long. They are in alphabetical order and do not pertain to who was attacked the most or fewest times, just that at some point from the 20 century till now there has been attacks in the name of islam. They may include murder or injuries, bombings, hijackings, beatings, shootings etc. If I included any country not associated with an islamic attack I am sorry.

1 Afghanistan
2 Algeria
3 Argentina
4 Austria
5 Bangladesh
6 Belgium
7 Canada
8 Chad
9 Chechnya
10 cyprus
11 Dagestan
12 Denmark
13 East Timor
14 Egypt
15 Eritrea
16 Ethiopia
17 France
18 Germany
19 Greece
20 India
21 Indonesia
22 Ingushetia
23 Ingushetia
24 Iran
25 Iraq
26 Israel
27 Italy
28 Japan
29 Jordan
30 Karbardino-Balkar
31 Kashmir
32 Kenya
33 Kosovo
34 Kuwait
35 Kyrgyzstan
36 Lebannon
37 Libya
38 Mauritania
39 Morocco
40 Netherlands
41 Nigeria
42 Pakistan
43 Palastine
44 Paraguay
45 Phillippines
46 Qatar
47 Russia
48 Saudia Arabia
49 Scotlan
50 Somalia
51 Spain
52 Sri Lanka
53 Sudan
54 Switzerland
55 Syria
56 Tajikistan
57 Tanzania
58 Thailand
59 Tunisia
60 Turkey
61 UAE
62 UK
63 USA
64 Uzbekistan
65 Yemen

so about 33.679% of all the nations have been directly or indirectly envolved with terror attacks in the name of islam. now tell me who is the real colonialist by trying to impeade their rule on 1/3rd of the world. We all know this list will continue to grow if they are not stopped. propaganda is a powerfull tool that they have seemed to master and we forgot how to use. I think propagnada is the best tool to win any war, better than any amount of strength. Just get inside the heads of your enemies and you win them over and over. Just like boxing, its not the power of the boxer, but the science of the sport that makes him a great boxer. All sluggers meet their match sooner or later by an opponent just more skilled.

Now when you add the two together like the US in WWII you get an incrediable fighting machine. We had won the propaganda war at home and abroad, the nation was behind the fight, the soldiers fought by the millions, kids as young as 14 were even going off to war, the nation sacrificed alot in order to make sure our troops had everything we needed then. Parents were proud of their sons, and they honored the dead for their actions not play the balme everyone else for what my adult child decided to do on their own accord. Shame on any parent of a soldier who has died and looks at it this way like Cindy Sheehan you selfish ignorant person. Now what do we do but redicule everything good, and support everything that is bad. This is the path to the destruction of the US, united we stand divided we fall couldnt be any more true. The common enemy is simple, its not GW, the republicans or conservatives, or vice versa. We all know who wants us gone and along with every other free minded persons of the earth so why cant we just get it straight.

It's not rocket science people.

46zilzal
07-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Read Ralph's post, and Dave's slowly.
There is a pattern. And it stopped in 2001.
It GREW during the 90's.
one can selectively filter data to impart any pattern. Don't see a pattern there. Enlighten me

Tom
07-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Attacks on Americans.

46zilzal
07-28-2006, 06:07 PM
what do you call that little conflict in Iraq?

JustRalph
07-28-2006, 11:31 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14082298/

This guy is an angry muslim that walked into a Jewish center and started shooting. Is there any other kind of "Muslim" ?

Tom
07-29-2006, 12:01 AM
what do you call that little conflict in Iraq?

Oh get real.

kenwoodallpromos
07-29-2006, 04:17 AM
one can selectively filter data to impart any pattern. Don't see a pattern there. Enlighten me
_______

"http://www.factbook.net/muslim_pop.php"

Please look at the link I posted and compare to the list of countries attacked; See if I am correct in that the countries with a Muslim population of 2% or less do not seem to be attacked.

csperberg
08-04-2006, 01:11 AM
Hush dont say anything about those countries with 2% or less muslim population. That might just give them ideas for new places to invade for their muslim conquest. Either that or they just havent gotten to these countries yet, and I emphasize yet.