PDA

View Full Version : Track Class

sligg
07-27-2006, 08:56 AM
I'm looking for a chart that lists tracks with their class ranking. I emailed the DRF but they said they have no such chart.

Does such a chart exist?

KingChas
07-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Sligg,try this.
http://www.americanturf.com/equalization/index.cfm?showchart=1

46zilzal
07-27-2006, 09:50 AM
some of my biggest prices come when a horse ships from what is THOUGHT to be a lower class track to a better track. Had one last Summer from Suffolk to Saratoga that paid very well. It is the horse, not the venue that one should be on.

kitts
07-27-2006, 01:20 PM
My copy of 2006 Pars Plus from Cynthia Publishing has a detailed and thorough ranking of tracks that you might want to check out.

Overlay
08-23-2006, 08:40 PM
As far as I'm aware, I thought DRF still regularly published a listing of all North American tracks in the Form, with a figure for each representing the track's average allowance purse for the last year for which data is available, for purposes of comparing track class. (It's not in every issue, but I thought I'd seen it recently.)

Tom
08-23-2006, 10:22 PM
This is the purse index on drf.com:

http://www.drf.com/misc/pursevalueindex.pdf

What I did was set up a table of 10 class levels and used index values for each track to put them into each class.
Worked good enough for my purposes (TPR track-to-track adjustments).

BlueShoe
08-23-2006, 11:51 PM
Thought that I was familiar with at least the names of all of the tracks in North America,and that the list posted above from the DRF was fairly complete,but at the recently concluded Fendale meet got stumped.Several times saw runners with pp lines from tracks unknown to myself,or to those I consulted.Best guess is that they were from tiny county fair meets in perhaps Oregon,Idaho,or Wyoming.Were not from non betting races,odds were listed.These runners did not do well,even at little Ferndale,they were outclassed by horses from the California Fair circuit.

dav4463
08-23-2006, 11:56 PM
One of my best plays was a Sunland Park shipper going to Lone Star Park. The betting public gave the horse no respect.

socantra
08-24-2006, 12:58 PM
here's one I put together late last year as an attempt to update the old Sartin class chart from "Pace Makes the Race". I studied numerous sources for several weeks and finally just threw it together as my best guestimate. My conclusion was that an accurate, all purpose track class chart is an oxymoron. Dave's got a good discussion of the difficulties of cross track comparison on the Horse Street site.

It's in Word format. Hope it helps. -- socantra...

Valuist
08-24-2006, 03:32 PM
Not a bad chart although I wouldn't put Aqueduct above Churchill Downs.

TRM
08-24-2006, 09:27 PM
Tom,

Where in the heck did you find that chart on the DRF website? I could never get into the misc section of the site......

socantra
08-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Not a bad chart although I wouldn't put Aqueduct above Churchill Downs.
Then don't. -- socantra

Tom
08-25-2006, 12:19 AM
Tom,

Where in the heck did you find that chart on the DRF website? I could never get into the misc section of the site......

Home page, left side, down a bit.......

TRM
08-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Thanks Tom........ :)