Race: 2
MIGHTY FANCY SECRET

Track: Fair Meadows
Race: 5
GAMBLIN

Track: River Downs
Race: 12
REMORSEFUL

Key Runners will point to many short and medium priced win and place horses. It will also indicate runners who are a false or overbet favorite.
Use the track program and determine the current form of each selection. Prefer selections that show improving form for this race and are not an odds on favorite.
This information is provided for your entertainment purposes only. Have fun and wager wisely.

shamrock
07-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Are these win or false fav bet against horses.

thanks.

Murph
07-27-2006, 02:46 PM
Are these win or false fav bet against horses.

thanks.
The most straight forward answer I can provide is also contained in the notes added to the posts for Thorostats Key Race Selections.

Use the track program and determine the current form of each selection.
Each key selection must be evaluated using past performance information for this race. As a general guideline, I prefer runners who finished within 5 lenghts of the winner in the key race for WIN consideration.

Several variables will enter into play when you consider scratches, weather and any changes made to the conditions that can alter the ratings. Consider WET TRACK, OFF TURF, equipment or weight changes, claims and jockey switches. The running lines can also provide clues to a key runners chances. I like to note gain or loss of ground in the stretch when I consider a key for WIN.

One thing that I have found while using these selections is that when the KEY fails to win, the best opportunities for a BIG score lie in the maiden class races at most tracks.

These may be the best races to try and beat the key selection, irregardless of performance. Look for other runners who most likely can improve from their last race. Second time starters can often suprise the bettors with an improved performance.

Tony and I invite everyone to try all of the selection features we are hosting. I am convinced that many racing enthusiasts will find information they can use to supplement their particular style.

There are no shortcuts to successful handicapping! We hope that you will choose Thorostats as an additional tool for your handicapping needs.

Thanks for the opportunity to elaborate on using the Thorostats Key Race selections Shamrock. I hope you will be able to share a way that you can use the selection tools that are aiding your enjoyment of the races you prefer.

Sincerely, Murph

bigmack
07-27-2006, 06:45 PM
Hey Murph - I'm on a sport fishing venture and and don't have access to my usual data and I saw your ad up top at this joint so I sniffed around your site. Jimmied around with some of the power and pace numbers and had a few wieners including Sohgol @ DMR and Five Pennys @ ELP.

I know it's odd coming from me but I gotta say - not bad Murph.
And the price is right. Tanks.

See that Suff is off the hops so if you're ever around DelMar look me up cause moderation has always been the policy around these parts but the suds still flow.

bigmack
07-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Oh and Sanger Shadow @ SR just romped in - Thanks again Murph.
It's kinda entertaining to look at different data every now and then.

Murph
07-28-2006, 07:03 AM
Oh and Sanger Shadow @ SR just romped in - Thanks again Murph.
It's kinda entertaining to look at different data every now and then.

Thanks for the nice comments Bigmack. Use them when you need them. I'm glad to hear you're having a good "fishing" trip!

Murph

Murph
07-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Track: Los Alamitos
Race: 3
ROSEMAN BRIDGE - OUT

Track: Prairie Meadows
Race: 6
CR DASH - OUT
Steward SCR from R 11 7/25
Race: 7
OKEY DOKEY SHANIA - OUT
Race: 8
SLM RAC A FRAC - WIN 5.40 4.60

Track: Ruidoso
Race: 3
MY CLASSIC GIRL - OUT ($77 winner - MDN)

Track: SunRay Park
Race: 2
MIGHTY FANCY SECRET - OUT

Track: Fair Meadows
Race: 5
GAMBLIN - SHW

Track: River Downs
Race: 12
REMORSEFUL - OUT

Looks like these were false favorites.
8 / 1 - 1 :mad: