View Full Version : Ellis Park blows it

cj
09-03-2002, 10:07 AM
http://espn.go.com/horse/news/2002/0902/1426306.html

What a screw up!

CJ

Jaguar
09-03-2002, 11:26 PM
This scenario is typical of the type of poor management which has bedeviled racing for eons and helped to drive the fans away.

Maybe Frank Stronach can rationalize race track operations through the agency of NTRA, now that he holds the high cards- because NTRA is not capable of operating as a national arbiter without his forceful leadership.

The obvious answer to the Ellis Park fiasco is to declare a "no race"- and to refund all tickets. Fairness should always rule.

All the best,

Jaguar

zieglerjw
09-05-2002, 12:44 AM
I had a similar experience at my simulcast facility involving FingerLakes. I hastily made a wager on DD ,then watched the probable payoffs, and lo!! my choice in the second half (#6) was not listed in the payoffs ...so I cancelled my wager and the clerk ran an inquiry,and the reply was that the #6 was not "livened" in the second race.... guess who won the second race !!! yep,...#6..no biggie , but it does make you wonder ..!!this happened on Mon.09/02/02 if any one is interested!!...thanks for listening....

Figman
09-05-2002, 10:01 AM
Zieglerjw
No problem that day at Finger Lakes. If your referreing to the "6" horse in race 2, SET DOWN ran and lost. If your referring to RUNDER THUMBLE in race 10, this horse was scratched. Races 2 & 10 were the second halves of the two doubles.

zieglerjw
09-05-2002, 10:53 AM
Figman...My second mistake today !! The date for that race was actually 09-03-02..and I was betting the 5/6 double ,but the monitor display showed no #6 probable payoff ,so I cancelled,,didn't matter ;cause the #5 lost the first race...and the #6 did win the second ,........oh well!!! just thought I would correct an incorrect piece of info..good luck to all...