PDA

View Full Version : Any troubles with off-shore betting sites

BIG49010
07-26-2006, 08:06 AM
With the recent news concerning off-shore wagering sites, and the attemps by congress and the justice department to close them down, is anyone having any problems?

CNBC had a poll yesterday on the subject? 73% of the people say make it legal to gamble on-line! Do you think any of the idiots in Washington are listening?

classhandicapper
07-26-2006, 08:48 AM
I know of two European places where poker was shut down for US players. My guess is that there will be more. I would think Pinnacle has to be a risk because congress etc... seems to be focusing on widespread online betting (sports and poker). I heard that when they closed off those other two places the money in the account was simply sent to the player's neteller account.

Eliminating solid rebates for smaller players would be a disaster for us.

Valuist
07-26-2006, 12:38 PM
I think Pinnacle will be fine. While they are "based" in Curacao, I believe they are considered a U.K. company. I know they've seen what happened to BoS. I think one can argue that the CEO of BetonSports was almost courting trouble by being so outspoken. If he had kept a lower profile, I can't help but wonder if he would've made his connecting flight at DFW unscathed. So I would expect the powers that be at places like Pinnacle and BetCris to avoid any travel to the U.S. The Feds wanted a scapegoat, and they found one in Caruthers.

And lets not forget, this bill hasn't passed the Senate yet. It was shot down twice before although supposedly there is some chance it could get thru this time.