PDA

View Full Version : US Sponsored Iraq criticizes Israel

Secretariat
07-25-2006, 04:58 PM
I honestly don't know what to make of this. Partisanship, yes, but raises an interesting question.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060725/pl_nm/iraq_maliki_congress_dc

Suff
07-25-2006, 05:10 PM
I honestly don't know what to make of this. Partisanship, yes, but raises an interesting question.

He also Told Bush today the US soldiers will be arrested and tried under Iraqi (shiite) law from now on.

Suff
07-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Tough issues on table when Bush, Iraqi meet

BAGHDAD, Iraq - When Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki visits the White House today for the first time, he is expected to make requests that clash sharply with President Bush's foreign policy, Iraqi officials say, signaling a widening gap between the Iraqis and the Americans on crucial issues.

The requests will include asking Bush to allow U.S.troops in Iraq to be tried under Iraqi law, and for Bush to call for a halt to Israeli attacks on Lebanon, according to several Iraqi politicians, and to a senior member of Maliki's party who asked not to be named because he is not authorized to speak for the prime minister

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/world/15116308.htm

Better give a link before the hill billys go wild...

hey anyone remember when the Hill Billys went wild over the EXECUTION OF MINORS because the US supreme court quoted Foriegn law? Anyone remember that?

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

Now we have the Repug's getting our soldiers tried and hung by foriegn law....and not a peep...

<cricket> <cricket>

idiots... the whole lot of them.

Show Me the Wire
07-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Just like they tried to do with the British soldiers. What did Britain do? They mounted an assault on the jail and released the soldierss.

What someone wants is a far cry from what actually, happens. Please stop trying to make this a partisan issue when the dems are doing the best job of partisanship through boycotting the Iraq's P.M. speech.

I like how the left supports free speech. Stop the spinning!

JustRalph
07-25-2006, 05:38 PM
we don't recognize the world court and their bullshit.....what makes you think Bush would allow this to happen. This falls under the definition "shit stirring" and this dickhead might find himself alone in the desert if he attempts anything like this.

Show Me the Wire
07-25-2006, 05:38 PM

Yes. like what happened to the importance of world opnion, or the rights of a sovereign nation to the democratic leadership.

I While, writing, just heard an Israeli air strike killed 4 U.N. observers. Do you think Hezbollah was using the U.N. observers as cover? I don't. Howeveer, I bet the anti-war democrats will still push for the right of Israel to indiscriminate bomb Lebanon.

Suff
07-25-2006, 05:39 PM
Just like they tried to do with the British soldiers. What did Britain do? They mounted an assault on the jail and released the soldierss.

What someone wants is a far cry from what actually, happens. Please stop trying to make this a partisan issue when the dems are doing the best job of partisanship through boycotting the Iraq's P.M. speech.

I like how the left supports free speech. Stop the spinning!

I'm a United States Citizen.

Stop drinking poison and telling yourself it is lemonade.

This is not TV or DC. It is Pace advantage. Now do you have an opinion on US soldiers getting tried Under Shiva law...

or do you have an opinion on Suff's opinion on US soldiers being tried under Shiva law... ( meaning that is what you just did)

Show Me the Wire
07-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Suff:

yes, I have an opinion about soldiers being tried under shiite law.

Suff
07-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Suff:

yes, I have an opinion about soldiers being tried under shiite law.

It is shariah law.

shariah law

n : the code of law derived from the Koran and from the teachings and example of Mohammed; "sharia is only applicable to Muslims"; "under Islamic law there is no separation of church and state"

Show Me the Wire
07-25-2006, 05:49 PM
yes, I have an opinion about U.S. soldiers being tried under shariah law.

Thank you for the correction.

Show Me the Wire
07-25-2006, 05:54 PM
SuFF:

BTW do you have an opinion. I failed to see it, I only saw an attempt at partisanship through your saying the administration will allow U.S. soldiers to be tried under muslim law.

Could you enlighen me with your opinion about this issue.

Suff
07-25-2006, 05:57 PM
lets just say this... NO US soldier is getting tried under any law....cept the UCMJ. no way no how..

But lets all agree on something else. George Bush sucks.

Because first of all... If 2500 of the best and brightest go down for your country...and another 25 Grand are hoping on one leg... then who the hell does this son a bitch think he is to bring this agenda to the US of A!! huh??

and what kind of dialogue...conversations, diplomacy....or outright dictating are Rumsfeld and Bush..NOT DOING!!!\

Because no matter what happens... just the fact that this crap is on the agenda, and this moron feels justified in talking to us about it...is WRONG!!!

Bush should be ashamed.

JPinMaryland
07-25-2006, 06:32 PM
another odd thing re: US relationship to Iraq government is what would happen if the US were to pull out before the Saddam trial is over? Wouldnt that be interesting? Or is it just not going to happen?

46zilzal
07-25-2006, 07:52 PM
l

Bush should be ashamed.
amoral folks cannot do that.

kenwoodallpromos
07-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Seems to be the only reason for Maliki to speak to Congress is so Congress can hear EVERYTHING the leader of the country we are dying for has to. Either the Demos think they are mind readers or do not want to wait to hear everything he says to decide what's what. They ether do not care what he has to say or pretend they already know. Silly either way IMO.

Tom
07-25-2006, 09:33 PM
Here is my ake on this - move the Iaqi sob's office OUT of the green zone and put him under 100% security of his own people.

Then take bets on how long that jack ass's ass lasts! (Say the three times fffast!) :rolleyes:

If Jack Iraq is ready to try US soldiers, he is ready for us to leve him on his own.

Let's pull out and bring the troops home.....via Syria

But the lessonhere is this - if WE had acted in Iraq like Israel is acting in Lebonan, mission accomplished would have been a reality a long time ago.
Bush sucks in that repsect - he waged a very stupid war. And Rummy is a traitor who should face a firing squad.....or Chenney!

Tom
07-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Seems to be the only reason for Maliki to speak to Congress is so Congress can hear EVERYTHING the leader of the country we are dying for has to. Either the Demos think they are mind readers or do not want to wait to hear everything he says to decide what's what. They ether do not care what he has to say or pretend they already know. Silly either way IMO.\

I ahve some question for that SOB.

This is one time I say, let Kennedy loose on that jackass.

Secretariat
07-26-2006, 12:02 AM
If 2500 of the best and brightest go down for your country...and another 25 Grand are hoping on one leg... then who the hell does this son a bitch think he is to bring this agenda to the US of A!! huh??

This pretty much says it.

This Iraqi PM has a lot of kahunas to come here, blame Israel solely, and then ask us to give him more troops, and tells us US soldiers will be tried under Iraqi law.

Now SMTW, you may call it partisanship to not attend or walk out of this guy's speech to Congress, but I have to tell you, unless the guy apologizes, I think I'd walk out out too. How can anyone sit there, and listen to a Shia politician (btw..Hezbollah is a Shia organization) after these comments publicly and politely applaud?

So far the GW doctrine has lead to two democracies in the MidEast? Palestine where Hamas was elected, and Iraq, where the PM supports Hezbollah's actions and condemns Israel completely.

Guys, it's time to get the hell out of Iraq, and stop letting our men die for these bozos.

kenwoodallpromos
07-26-2006, 02:56 AM
"Less than three weeks after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, and as German submarines appeared off the coast of California, Churchill had arrived in Washington to begin coordinating military strategy with the president and leaders of Congress.

The eloquent prime minister began his address on a light note. He observed, "If my father had been an American, and my mother British, instead of the other way around, I might have gotten here on my own. In that case, this would not have been the first time you would have heard my voice." He then grimly predicted that Allied forces would require at least 18 months to turn the tide of war and warned that "many disappointments and unpleasant surprises await us."

So what's the difference? We were attacked by Japan not Germany.

hcap
07-26-2006, 06:10 AM
Some history.

http://www.juancole.com/2006/07/congress-expects-islamic-dawa-to.html

"The US Congress, aside from a strange inability to recognize the disproportionate use of force when it sees it, does not seem to realize that the Dawa Party of Iraq, from which Nuri al-Maliki hails, is a revolutionary Shiite religious party not that much different from the Lebanese Hizbullah.

The members of Congress also don't seem to realize that the Iraqi Dawa helped to form the Lebanese Hizbullah back in the early 1980s. The Dawa was in exile in Tehran, Damascus and Beirut and it formed a shadowy terror wing called, generically, Islamic Jihad. The IJ cell of the Dawa attacked the US and French embassies in Kuwait in 1983, in an operation probably directed by the Tehran branch, which was close to Khomeini.

My understanding is that Nuri al-Maliki was the bureau chief of the Dawa cell in Damascus in the 1980s. He must have been closely involved with the Iraqi Dawa in Beirut, which in turn was intimately involved in Hizbullah. I am not saying he himself did anything wrong. I don't know what he was doing in specific, other than trying to overthrow Saddam, which was heroic. But, did they really think he was going to condemn Hizbullah and take Israel's side?