PDA

View Full Version : Holy Bull

KirisClown
07-24-2006, 06:50 PM
I know there are at least a few of his fans on here.... so you'll enjoy this.

You don't get to see it too often, so.. here is his final career win... 1995 Olympic Handicap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb9_I7uhiRk)

PaceAdvantage
07-24-2006, 07:03 PM
I was at the Big A that day, watching him on TV....I believe I was with Andicap on that particular afternoon....boy do I love that horse....

I've got to get down to Jonabell (errr....make that DARLEY @ Jonabell) and say hi to my old buddy once again....

Thanks for the memory...first start back and he ran away from Birdonthewire, who was an excellent sprinter in his day, but the Olympic proved to be Bird's last race I believe....

SmartyParty
07-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Awesome! I got to meet Holy Bull at Jonabell a coupla years ago. For me, he was the star that day!

Valuist
07-26-2006, 11:24 AM
I watched that video of Cigar supposedly "getting owned". Yeah he burned some money that day but if getting beat a half inch by Skip Away is "getting owned", I think somebody needs a reality check.

KirisClown
07-26-2006, 02:30 PM
I watched that video of Cigar supposedly "getting owned". Yeah he burned some money that day but if getting beat a half inch by Skip Away is "getting owned", I think somebody needs a reality check.

Reality is always a nice thing...

Hey the Hines were just lucky to get out of that race without Cigar breaking down Skip Away, he did it to so many other horses, right?

Valuist
07-26-2006, 05:21 PM
Don't get me wrong; Bailey is as good as anyone in recent history but I believe he overconfidently rode Cigar in that race. Probably underestimated Skip Away, a damn good horse, just a bit. They went about 47 3/5 to the half and Cigar was left w/too much to do.

KirisClown
08-05-2006, 01:56 PM
I guess im in the minority, but I think Bailey rode a decent race.. Cigar made his move, had plenty of time to run down Skip Away in the stretch.. he just couldnt do it.. Skip Away was a good horse...

Pressing pace was probably the last thing Jerry had in mind after what happened here...

1996 Pacific Classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDJD_jjvqRk

Valuist
08-06-2006, 10:18 PM
We'll have to disagree on Bailey's ride there. The soft pace definitely benefitted Skip Away. But you can really see Cigar digging in giving 100%; great video, even in defeat.