PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod to the Cubs?

Valuist
07-24-2006, 01:52 PM
The Cubs are about 20 games below .5000 and looking to ADD the biggest salary in sports? Really makes no sense at all...

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9568752

sq764
07-24-2006, 02:08 PM
The Cubs are about 20 games below .5000 and looking to ADD the biggest salary in sports? Really makes no sense at all...

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9568752
This guy needs out of NY.. He is going to get lambasted for the rest of his career.

He doesn't have the heart or interstinal fortitude to survive in New York or Boston, period. Put him in a town like St Louis or Chicago or any other lower key place and he'll be incredible.

melman
07-24-2006, 03:27 PM
A-Rod was MVP of the league last year while playing in New York. You want him to do that every year?? Also he has a no-trade clause in his contract and must agree to any trade. :)

JustRalph
07-24-2006, 03:32 PM
what the hell? The guy has a bad week and people are going after him like he just came up from triple A?

Leave him alone.....let him get his mojo back and he is still the best player in baseball.........

sq764
07-24-2006, 03:39 PM
what the hell? The guy has a bad week and people are going after him like he just came up from triple A?

Leave him alone.....let him get his mojo back and he is still the best player in baseball.........
I don't think it has to do with a bad week. It's his lack of clutch over the entire time he's been there in NY. He was terrible in the playoffs last year as well.. And now his defense is horrendous.

You can tell it's in his head now. That is not good.

sq764
07-24-2006, 03:40 PM

And I think Pujols is now the best player in baseball. The guy is simply a beast.

melman
07-24-2006, 03:48 PM
SQ your making the exact same comments I use to hear about Mike Schmidt i.e. not good in the playoffs not good in the clutch, the boo-bird fans of Philly were getting to him. He only would up in the Hall of Fame. :)

JustRalph
07-24-2006, 03:58 PM
And I think Pujols is now the best player in baseball. The guy is simply a beast.

you are right........... for now he is. I saw last night on sportscenter that Big Poppy has 94 RBI's already........amazing.............but Pujols has 85 and he missed 17 games........?????

sq764
07-24-2006, 04:04 PM
SQ your making the exact same comments I use to hear about Mike Schmidt i.e. not good in the playoffs not good in the clutch, the boo-bird fans of Philly were getting to him. He only would up in the Hall of Fame. :)
Does Hall of Fame caliber necessarily have to mean clutch?

Bonds will likely end up in the Hall of Fame and he has stunk in the playoffs his whole career.

sq764
07-24-2006, 04:05 PM
you are right........... for now he is. I saw last night on sportscenter that Big Poppy has 94 RBI's already........amazing.............but Pujols has 85 and he missed 17 games........?????
Pujols, if he stays healthy, may end up being the greatest hitter in the past 25 years. He could legitimately be a .330/50/140 guy every single year.

sq764
07-24-2006, 04:08 PM
I think Schmidt was pretty clutch most of the time. His non-clutch tag was mainly the 77 and 78 postseason and in the 83 world series when he was simply dreadful - He was like 1 for 20 or something like that..

I thought he was the greatest 3rd basemen ever, so I cannot complain :-)

StartedAt18
07-26-2006, 06:27 AM
Dude this is retarded. A-Rod is not going ANYWHERE! The NY fans that want him gone are a bunch of retards! The problem is.. the yankees are missing 2 all stars...MATSUI who is looking to return mid-late August and SHEFFIELD who is shooting for Sept 1st for his return. When they come back, then you will have the standard yankee allstar lineup that everyone is used to. The Yankees have the 9th best ERA in baseball 4.33 so it's not their pitching that is to blame...even though they occasionally gives up 10+ runs. Just my opinion

sq764
07-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Dude this is retarded. A-Rod is not going ANYWHERE! The NY fans that want him gone are a bunch of retards! The problem is.. the yankees are missing 2 all stars...MATSUI who is looking to return mid-late August and SHEFFIELD who is shooting for Sept 1st for his return. When they come back, then you will have the standard yankee allstar lineup that everyone is used to. The Yankees have the 9th best ERA in baseball 4.33 so it's not their pitching that is to blame...even though they occasionally gives up 10+ runs. Just my opinion
The real problem is the Yankees continue to be a team full of overpaid, overhyped, old players. They have no pitching and their hitting is inconsistent..

But beyond that, they're fine :-)

PaceAdvantage
07-27-2006, 12:50 AM
The real problem is the Yankees continue to be a team full of overpaid, overhyped, old players. They have no pitching and their hitting is inconsistent..

But beyond that, they're fine :-)

Yup, and despite all that, plus all their injuries, they still have the 4th best record in the league, sit 2 behind the Red Sox, and have the lead in the Wild Card race....

Must be all those weak AL teams they are facing all the time....

Hey SQ, a couple of years ago, you just couldn't stop pounding on Mussina. How's it going today? I think you used the words "old and fading" back in 2004...

sq764
07-27-2006, 09:30 AM
Yup, and despite all that, plus all their injuries, they still have the 4th best record in the league, sit 2 behind the Red Sox, and have the lead in the Wild Card race....

Must be all those weak AL teams they are facing all the time....

Hey SQ, a couple of years ago, you just couldn't stop pounding on Mussina. How's it going today? I think you used the words "old and fading" back in 2004...
Well what did you tihink after 2005? He had been hovering around a 4.5 era for 2 years. Did you think he was on the upswing? :)

I still think they need to win the division or they have no shot at the wild card. Boston needs to ramp up the pitching a bit to keep their lead.

I will say though if Matsui comes back strong, he will be a huge boost. I think he is their best player.

PaceAdvantage
07-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Well what did you tihink after 2005? He had been hovering around a 4.5 era for 2 years. Did you think he was on the upswing? :)

I didn't think he was finished. Perhaps I was reading your posts wrong, but it seemed as though you thought he was done.

sq764
07-27-2006, 10:59 AM
I didn't think he was finished. Perhaps I was reading your posts wrong, but it seemed as though you thought he was done.
Let's put it into perspective - honestly, earlier this year, did you think the big unit was done?

JustRalph
07-27-2006, 02:12 PM
Let's put it into perspective - honestly, earlier this year, did you think the big unit was done?

you notice that he went to hell when he got into that court case against the ex wife? She is laying it on him bad in the press. and he can't pitch anymore? weird?

PaceAdvantage
07-28-2006, 02:58 AM

When it comes to the Yankees, I am a supreme optimist.

sq764
07-28-2006, 10:30 AM
When it comes to the Yankees, I am a supreme optimist.
You have indirectly answered my question :)