PDA

View Full Version : DMR 7/23/2006 - Eddie Read H

DJofSD
07-23-2006, 01:21 PM
A field of 7 including the winner of last years running, Sweet Return.

Some random observations: Ron McAnally has two runners, Neil Drysdale has two runners, CNak choose Aragon over Fourty Niners Son ("The miners came in '49, The whores in '51, and when they got together, They made a native son."), Larry Zapp gives a slight edge to Silent Name over Aragon dispite the claim of the early speed horses having a favorable bias when out of the chute (any one remember Itsallgreektome?), there are two sets of tandem races.

Fast and Furious looks like a late, 1 run type of horse. Unless there is a complete pace melt down, he's toast.

Hendrix is coming out of the American H where he beat Forty Niners Son by 1 1/4 lengths. The ROT is to give the consideration to Forty Niners Son.

Silent Name appears to have the breeding to appreciate the extra furlong today but in the last race as the favorite he could not hold 2nd. A regular work pattern since of 6 and 7 furlongs makes it difficult to completely toss out this one as a non contender for the win -- but I will. (Is this race a prep for ARL?)

Visually, it looks like the early pace will be Sweet Return and Aragon. Will they beat each other up? Not with AOS and CNak up. They'll use the speed tactically to gain the rail and advantage out of the chute, around the club house turn and DBS.

Attending the early pace will be Fourty Niners Son and Quasimodo.

When they turn for home I don't expect Sweet Return to have it his own way -- on the lead and in the clear. I expect he'll be pressured and my feeling is he won't be able to win if that's true.

The contenders for the win will be Fourty Niners Son and Aragon. Aragon is the ML favorite. Fourty Niners Son ran 2nd to Sweet Return last year in this same race while earning a late pace figure superior to anything Aragon has earned to date. And, both of these runners come out of the same barn.

I'm going with the odds and Forty Niners Son, the older horse, over Aragon. Perhaps Quasimodo will not swing too wide into the stretch and get up for the show money.

Good luck to all.

How hot was it in the greater San Diego area yesterday? (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20060723-9999-7n23heat.html)

Zaf
07-23-2006, 02:01 PM
I will probably go with Sweet Return if I can get fair odds.

Z

Suff
07-23-2006, 03:02 PM
]Fast and Furious[/b] looks like a late, 1 run type of horse. Unless there is a complete pace melt down, he's toast.

Good luck to all.

? (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20060723-9999-7n23heat.html)

I have him coming up big today as the Longest shot on the board in this race.

Without question he will need them to come back to him. But A meltdown ? not that extreme.

I see all sort of turf speed here. Not front engine type's but still 2 lengths off a 47 flat going 9 furlongs is speed.... Some of these stalk 46 flat going a mile on grass.

I don't need a rabbit here.. 3 of them across the track going anything 47 or even a taxing 48 puts me in the mix.....I say I say...:)

This is a 5 year old that ran 3 grd1's and 2 grd2's in his first 5 US races in 04/05. Always bet, always in the mix.

McAnally has decent numbers on all the angles here...and his 21% at a +ROI for 2nd off makes it a worthy bet on that alone.

If the horse gets bet ( only been over 7-1 once in 8 US tries) to 9-1 or less, then maybe he becomes an underlay. But if they have given up on him and he goes at double digits.. I like him for a decent shot at the win...and a strong candidate for 2nd.

I need Aragon, first race back off a break,,,,to fold tent. He folds, I'm in the hunt. That is the only one I fear as a flat out SUPERIOR animal.

40 WP. #6. 10 doubles 6 /3,7. 100 fish.

Zaf
07-23-2006, 08:52 PM
WOW, what splits, the #2 cut out,and the (superior animal) Aragorn sets a new track record. You were right Suff. No regrets taking the #2 at 5-1.

Z

Ron
07-23-2006, 09:12 PM
I didn't have him, but I think its interesting that Fourty Niners Son was JV's only mount today.

DJofSD
07-24-2006, 01:19 AM
Forty Niners Son and Hendrix both were very wet along the belly while in the walking ring.

The winner, on the other hand, was CCC. An added note was that Aragon was saddled outside the stall more or less in front of the outriders enclosure. The assistance had quiet a routine.

Suff
07-25-2006, 04:48 PM
set a Track record did'nt he?

Dj wheres the pictures?