PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar Monday (9/2)

rrbauer
09-02-2002, 04:21 PM
Del Mar Monday September 2, 2002
Fast and Firm – Rails 14 feet

Most of these races look like chalk city. I’ll try to squeeze out a few bucks where I can. BTW Lafitt is riding at 118 today - must’ve had a cheeseburger yesterday!

R1
Spawr re-claimed Jazznwithwindy off a year’s layup. Now he drops her below the purchase price. She can win this but is suspect. Look Into The Past ran OK on the turf after a layup now drops and switches to dirt. This one had worked really well at Bay Meadows prior to her return.

R2
I like A Reel Tizzy to make the lead here with improved works for Morey and Touring The World could track and run ‘em down in the lane. Daily Double play from R1 is 2,5 with 6, 7.

R3
Speed, speed and more speed. I’ll take a presser, Continental Lu and the two late runners:
Warren’s Whistle and Smokin’ Charlotte. P3 play from R1 is 2,5 with 6,7 with 5,7,8.

R4
If you saw Stoney’s last race you know that there was gas left in his tank. If the speed gets too rambunctious here, look for Alyzig to be along late. No play.

R5
Favs look right. Classic Run has the catbird seat. Famous Freddy and Its Always Busy should be the survivors from the speed duel. I like Busy up/down in X’s with the other two.

R6
Favs again and I’m not sure about the Smith/Espinoza situation. Headley has a fast one (I guess) but his always work fast and his record with firsters is weak. I’ll watch.

R7
Three in here have shown they can be competitive at the distance: Fade To Blue, Special Matter and Gypsy Road (lone speed?). Beriskaio improved for Spawr and might move forward again. We’ll see what the odds are.

R8
Three of these look best. Congaree, Kela and Reba’s Gold.

R9
Favs again. Swordfish and Infinite Faith.

R10
Hard to go against Golden Cortez. Classic Form should get an easy lead, Pacific Colony is nice, but badly drawn; and, El Once is bred for this stuff and should do OK. I’ll probably do a “value” P4 after I see the odds in R7.

Go Baby Go

rrbauer
09-02-2002, 04:43 PM
Correction in R5
I like Classic Run as my exacta key, not Its Always Busy.

rrbauer
09-02-2002, 09:54 PM
Del Mar Monday September 2, 2002
Damage

R1
Spawr re-claimed Jazznwithwindy off a year’s layup. Now he drops her below the purchase price. She can win this but is suspect. Look Into The Past ran OK on the turf after a layup now drops and switches to dirt. This one had worked really well at Bay Meadows prior to her return. Result ‘windy, Demidoll and Glitteringmischief battled for the lead and were even into the stretch. ‘doll backed out and ‘mischief got ‘windy by ½ length at the wire. ‘Past broke and ran mid-track. She’s one-paced and needs a ticket back to NoCal. DD- and P3-bets are done.

R2
I like A Reel Tizzy to make the lead here with improved works for Morey and Touring The World could track and run ‘em down in the lane. Daily Double play from R1 is 2,5 with 6, 7. Result ‘Tizzy broke on top but when Flor D’Liz came to challenge, Victor took back. Touring broke well too and was a couple back in 3rd with the fav Cookie Cutter inside her. At the 3/8th ‘Tizzy re-rallied, took the lead and cleared into the stretch. Cookie came off the rail and floated Touring wide into the stretch. Foggerinthevalley was all over the track (Mr. Ants-in-his-pants aboard)…either tired or green or both! ‘Tizzy (13-1) gets the win, Cookie 2nd and ‘Liz 3rd. Had some win-dutch action here ($10 on ‘Tizzy and $20 on Touring. 7-1 and 4-1 when I bet). Kicked off a $1 P3 with ‘Tizzy 3x2 in the next legs. Up for the day!

R3
Speed, speed and more speed. I’ll take a presser, Continental Lu and the two late runners:
Warren’s Whistle and Smokin’ Charlotte. P3 play from R1 is 2,5 with 6,7 with 5,7,8. Result As sometimes happens, one speed horse gets in front then the others take back to save something. Meantime the one in front relaxes and keeps on going. Today the “Pied Piper” was Super High. Gonzo got out there and kept going. Elaine’s Angel and Stetson Lady tracked early, and tracked late, finishing 2nd and 3rd respectively. BTW check out the splits in this one…definitely not a lollypop trip for ‘High. Racehorse time!

R4
If you saw Stoney’s last race you know that there was gas left in his tank. If the speed gets too rambunctious here, look for Alyzig to be along late. No play. Result Balisardo and Ex Federali went to the lead with Stoney (shuffled back break) tracking. Hezacatseye and Alyzig were farther back. Balisardo backed out before the 3/8th pole and Stoney went after ‘Federali. Upper stretch Stoney rolled by but was lugging in late. Dauphin ran late for 2nd. And ‘Federali held 3rd. Alyzig (wide trip) was 4th. Stoney needs some time off after these last two.

R5
Favs look right. Classic Run has the catbird seat. Famous Freddy and Its Always Busy should be the survivors from the speed duel. I like Busy up/down in X’s with the other two. Result ’Busy got the lead with Iza Doozy pressing inside. ‘Run pressed from the outside. ‘Run got the lead into the turn and cleared. Ruling Monarch ran on past ‘Busy and late runner Danceascore closed to get 2nd. ‘Monarch 3rd. Famous Freddy broke awkwardly and raced greenly up the backside. (Didn’t get the kind of heat that Ward’s horses get when they’re runners). Minus $18 on exacta’s.

R6
Favs again and I’m not sure about the Smith/Espinoza situation. Headley has a fast one (I guess) but his always work fast and his record with firsters is weak. I’ll watch. Result Well I overlooked a back work on Secret Approval (bet down to 5/2) but it didn’t cost me! Winsome Dame got a clear easy lead with Rainbow chasing and took them into the lane. ‘Approval and Golden Band came wide on the turn with ‘Band doing better. ‘Band up for the win. ‘Approval checked between and took up mid-stretch still got 3rd. Perfect tripper ‘Dame held 2nd. I kicked off a $1 P3: 6,7 with 4 with 3,5,6 Other than that, I watched!

R7
Three in here have shown they can be competitive at the distance: Fade To Blue, Special Matter and Gypsy Road (lone speed?). Beriskaio improved for Spawr and might move forward again. We’ll see what the odds are. Result Started $68 worth of P4’s. (4 tickets). Gypsy got away in front with American Time dogging. Those two took them to the far turn where ‘Time dropped out. Special Matter tracking inside was blocked for about 1/8th mile. Venator got first run and held ‘Matter while ‘Blue came along outside for 3rd. Gypsy faded to 4th. No way I’m getting this one. I guess Flores (or the distance) made the difference? My “P” bets are history! Now I’m down $40 for the day. This turf course has been beating me up!

R8
Three of these look best. Congaree, Kela and Reba’s Gold. Result That’s the way they came. Congaree got the lead and took them all the way. Reba’s Gold had a perfect trip and cut the corner off the far turn then came off the rail. Kela came wide off the turn to touch out ‘Gold for 2nd. (Baffert - blinkers off!) Euchre just isn’t good enough to beat these guys. I kicked off a P3 here thru the horses listed in the last 2 and I had $10 win on ‘Gold (9-1). Now I’m down $50 not counting the live P3.

R9
Favs again. Swordfish and Infinite Faith. Result You hate to lose them that way. Hotel Hall got out and came over to get the lead and cleared the problem on the CH turn caused by Ride And Shine bearing out. That was worth about 2 lengths. ‘Hall led with Rimador and Balenos pressing up the backside. ‘Faith was 2 back in the 3-path and Swordfish was 2 more back in the 2-path. ‘Faith made a 4-path move on the turn and had the lead into the stretch. Swordfish followed him but couldn’t advance. ‘Hall battled back and it was a head bob at the wire with ‘Hall the winner and ‘Faith 2nd. ‘Faith was easily the best, but ‘Hall got the win money. ‘Shine was 3rd. Trips’ count folks! Now I’m down $120 because my P3’s are dead.

R10
Hard to go against Golden Cortez. Classic Form should get an easy lead, Pacific Colony is nice, but badly drawn; and, El Once is bred for this stuff and should do OK. I’ll probably do a “value” P4 after I see the odds in R7. Result Already told you about the P4. Classic Form took the worst in this one. First, He’s Truckin carried him out to the middle of the course after the break and floated him to the 4-path on the CH turn. Then after ‘Form disposed of that one midway up the backside and had a nice lead into the stretch, Pacific Colony came along and lugged in badly impeding ‘Form. Meanwhile, ‘Cortez came out on the turn and cleared on the first two while Mayor Murphy was along late to get 2nd. ‘Colony was 3rd and ‘Form 4th.

See ya Wednesday!