PDA

View Full Version : Arlington Saturday, 072206 Feature..?

JustRalph
07-22-2006, 01:31 AM
Anybody checking out the Arlington card for Saturday ? The feature race looks like one hell of a Turf race. American Derby. I put about 8 horses within a length or so of each other, on paper?

Looks like it is going to be a decent card. They are calling it "Arlington Mill. Preview day"

I would be interested in thoughts on the feature...........or any others.

keilan
07-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Ralph – I’ve got the bookends in my sights for the WIN SPOT -- (1) Golden Arrow and (14) Outperformance.

Others that make up the exotics.
2 Murch
3 Can't Beat It
6 Storm Treasure
8 Stream Cat
10 Amigoni
11 Kingship (OTHER WIN POSSIBILITY)
12 Desert Wheat

Good Luck though I'm not sure you need any as you usually hit these Stakes Races at a high rate. :)

46zilzal
07-22-2006, 12:39 PM
I have been following our OLD friend Barrythegold. After leaving the races last September, this one had three breezing works at a training facility (three works in that amount of time?) and was scratched twice at Colonial.

Do you play Northlands? A good, not overbet, place.

keilan
07-22-2006, 01:02 PM
Thanx for the update on Berrythegold I’ve stopped following him.

Funny you should ask about Northlands but no I don’t play there any more, the clock mal functioned way back in 2001 and they hand timed the races for most of the meet (June to Oct). I knew that the timing system wasn’t looking correctly within the 1st week of the meet opening and I met with Northland’s senior management. They eventually brought in someone from Woodbine racetrack and repaired the problem late in the year.

By the way that information never became public knowledge – scary what the public doesn’t know

46zilzal
07-22-2006, 01:03 PM
just as I wrote that, my stable mail from DRF says he is entered at Colonial on July 24th. Serendipity

kitts
07-22-2006, 01:28 PM
My longshot in that race is Amigoni. And I really like Potra Clasica in the 6th. Good card at AP Saturday!

JimG
07-22-2006, 02:04 PM
JustRalph,

A couple of horses I like in the AP card:

Race 2 #3 Popsa Yankee

Race 4 #1 Cosmonaut

Jim

cj
07-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Race 8, Golden Arrow. His Timeforms put him right there, and 1st Lasix should give him the needed boost. 8-1 ML.

the little guy
07-22-2006, 02:19 PM
Race 8, Golden Arrow. His Timeforms put him right there, and 1st Lasix should give him the needed boost. 8-1 ML.

That one is on the very short list of worst morning lines of 2006 if not history.

He will be MUCH closer to 8-5.

the little guy
07-22-2006, 02:21 PM
Another piece of information on Golden Arrow, if being competitive with the likes of George Washington, Dylan Thomas and Araafa isn't enough, the horse who beat him last time I believe beat Ace in his next start.

The only question about this one is whether he shows up.

cj
07-22-2006, 02:24 PM
That one is on the very short list of worst morning lines of 2006 if not history.

He will be MUCH closer to 8-5.

He can get it for a big race. For small tracks, this wouldn't even get honorable mention!

the little guy
07-22-2006, 02:31 PM
That's something you know a LOT better than I.

This is a situation where he very simply did not take a real look at his pps...either Timeforms or competition. This horse has to be the favorite. How can he not be?

Dave
07-22-2006, 02:40 PM
chicago has traditionally had pretty weak ml's.

cj
07-22-2006, 02:43 PM
No doubt it is a horrible ML. You have to wonder if he even looked at PPs. If he did, he must know next to nothing about European racing, which seems odd for a track whose feature race is the Million.

DeanT
07-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Very nice picks JimG.

TurfRuler
07-22-2006, 04:42 PM
http://www.arlingtonpark.com/amtc/

My favorite future race is the Arlington Million. I've already selected an advance wager on Niagara Causeway for today, but after looking at the card there are many other possiblilities, Steam Cat for class, Tahoe Warrior for consistency, Golden Arrow for the European runner, Can't Beat It if it's about running a race on the grass, Amigoni for recency, anyone that Bill Mott is (two) training and the one above Niagara I noticed is Kingship if the distance is no limitation, and the surprise of surprises Desert Wheat.

For my last thought if neither of these win or a combination in the exotics then the race was choreographed.

the little guy
07-22-2006, 05:28 PM
http://www.arlingtonpark.com/amtc/

My favorite future race is the Arlington Million. I've already selected an advance wager on Niagara Causeway for today, but after looking at the card there are many other possiblilities, Steam Cat for class, Tahoe Warrior for consistency, Golden Arrow for the European runner, Can't Beat It if it's about running a race on the grass, Amigoni for recency, anyone that Bill Mott is (two) training and the one above Niagara I noticed is Kingship if the distance is no limitation, and the surprise of surprises Desert Wheat.

For my last thought if neither of these win or a combination in the exotics then the race was choreographed.

So, in other words, you've narrowed this field of 14 down to 10 possibilities, and if any of the other four sneak into the gimmicks the race was fixed.

Thanks for the help.

keilan
07-22-2006, 05:35 PM
So, in other words, you've narrowed this field of 14 down to 10 possibilities, and if any of the other four sneak into the gimmicks the race was fixed.

Thanks for the help.

I think he may have commented on the other 4 but he ran out of ink.

JustRalph
07-22-2006, 05:35 PM
like the 1 and the 4 who is way long.........everybody is an overlay in here.

here we go

JustRalph
07-22-2006, 05:49 PM
I hate Bill Mott...............

keilan
07-22-2006, 05:59 PM
what Ralph said :)

60K for the super -- does Billy have it?

JustRalph
07-22-2006, 06:26 PM
JustRalph,

A couple of horses I like in the AP card:

Race 2 #3 Popsa Yankee

Race 4 #1 Cosmonaut

Jim

Jim, I had Cosmonaut........brilliant minds..........? but I gave it back in the American.......oh well............. Thanks again........! You know what for........

JimG
07-22-2006, 07:17 PM
Jim, I had Cosmonaut........brilliant minds..........? but I gave it back in the American.......oh well............. Thanks again........! You know what for........

Glad you had him. I got a decent run out of both horses. Not bad on the payoff for Cosmonaut.

TurfRuler
07-24-2006, 02:59 PM

Thanks for the help.

You're welcome!! No fix was mentioned by me, being facetious I wrote choreographed, but the super payoff was a big surprise, wasn't it, how much would you have invested to win $60K.

JustRalph
07-24-2006, 03:27 PM
You're welcome!! No fix was mentioned by me, being facetious I wrote choreographed, but the super payoff was a big surprise, wasn't it, how much would you have invested to win $60K.

if my math is right, (it is frequently wrong :lol: ) you could have played a ten cent super for $17.10 with the mott horse on top of everybody or a dollar for $171 ...........just doing this off the top of my head..........not sure how accurate............it is........

TurfRuler
07-24-2006, 05:41 PM
I've noticed that when I can't seperate two or three horses in a race then the race is highly competitive. Although from where I am I can't bet, I still was prefering Niagara Causeway for the win but when I checked the entries for the race I should have waited instead of blindly picking one. That's why I've got to escape my psychic pergatory here in NC.