PDA

View Full Version : web pages and excel

banacek
07-20-2006, 09:01 PM
I set up a web page to give the print out for each race when I handicap. I have another thing I do with macros on excel. So I thought I would add the excel stuff to the webpage for each race. Only problem is that I have some stuff highlighted on the excel page (like jock changes, early speed, trouble). When it adds the excel stuff to the webpage it works fine and the print preview shows the highlighted parts. But when I print it, everything works well, but the highlighted stuff isn't highlighted.

Any ideas how to fix this?

robert99
07-22-2006, 07:41 PM
I think using the yellow highlight pen icon in Excel is only for viewing on a screen, and is supposed to disappear for printing. If you highlight by changing highlight text to another colour, text size, italics or use black Bold it will print.

banacek
07-22-2006, 08:24 PM
I think using the yellow highlight pen icon in Excel is only for viewing on a screen, and is supposed to disappear for printing. If you highlight by changing highlight text to another colour, text size, italics or use black Bold it will print.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been using a light grey highlight and it prints out in Excel, just not on the web page.