PDA

View Full Version : Screwed by off-shore book...

jjflan
07-20-2006, 08:14 PM
I've been placing my bets every day through a publicly traded Costa Rican book called "ALLTRACKS". A few days ago when I went to the site (www.alltracks.com (http://www.alltracks.com/)) I got a message that said basically everything (including my bankroll) is currently suspended because of court action. I know there's been some arrests recently because of taking illegal sports bets although AllTracks hasn't been mentioned specifically. If any PA members have a handle on what's going on, I'd appreciate a heads-up. Also, some recommendations about reliable online books that specialize in horses would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Flanagan

Dave Schwartz
07-20-2006, 08:45 PM
Jim,

Check your PM.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

santanajimi
07-20-2006, 10:25 PM
It looks as if the thing to do is to bail out of any off shore book, why risk it ?

ELA
07-20-2006, 10:52 PM
I've heard the same story from several others -- and -- all were using different websites. I would be calling any contact people. Best of luck in working this out.

Eric

BlueShoe
07-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Was seriously considering opening an account with Pin.Does this mean that it might be a good idea to hold off for awhile?

santanajimi
07-20-2006, 11:35 PM
I know of guys that actually bet 30-50k a week thru pinnacle....they dont seem to be worried....but then again, if they got locked out of the site, and got beat for the $$, it isnt the last money they have....i would be worried, but pinnacle is a HUGE company..

Rico8812
07-21-2006, 02:31 AM
Is that book associated w/ BetOnSports? that is the company who's CEO got picked up. They are the biggest offshore company in the world and run numerous books under the BOS umbrella. If they are a part of that company, you should be ok. If they aren't, you may be screwed, ie: this small time company was tanking and used this latest incident as a way to close up shop.

Anyways, good luck, and try not to play with any relatively unknown books in the future.

If you're looking for offshore book advice, check out therx.com.