PDA

View Full Version : Jockey/Trainer Teams at Del Mar

xfile
07-19-2006, 06:17 PM
This is a part of an article (Del Mar Profit Angles). I couldn't link to the article because it's password protected but the writer gave me permission to post this part here at Pace Advantage as long as I post the url. The Baze/Mullins team already scored in the 2nd race of the Del Mar meet. Pretty nifty: :cool:

The following is part of an article written by and permission to post given by
http://www.fullcardreports.com/

DEL MAR 2006 JOCKEY & TRAINER TEAM ANGLES

BAZE,MC/MULLINS - Jeff Mullins also has a strong as steel bond with the very underrated MC Baze. Mullins is sending high percentage but low odds winners to Baze. They make good key horses.

BAZE,MC/HARRINGTON - MC Baze has landed some bombs for Mike Harrington. Follow this pair closely.

ESPINOZA/BAFFERT - As always, Victor Espinoza riding for Bob Baffert makes a very strong team.

ESPINOZA/GALLAGHER - Patrick Gallagher is closing out the Hollywood meet on the hot side. Watch out for all his runners when Victor Espinoza is aboard. Watch closely for this team on the TURF.

ESPINOZA/MANDELLA,R - Everything Victor Espinoza rides for Richard Mandella should be considered as live as live can be be!

ESPINOZA/MANDELLA,G - It seems "like father, like son" as Gary Mandella has been offering nothing but tuned up mounts to top ace Victor Espinoza including a $25 winner during the last week of the Hollywood meet. So if it says Mandella and Espinoza you know you got something to give a long look at.

ESPINOZA/SADLER - Even though Victor Espinoza didn't get many mounts from John Sadler at Hollywood, the ones he did get were extremely live. We expect to see that trend to carry over to Del Mar for this team. Last year at Del Mar, Sadler put over a long string of value priced winners and with big named riders at that. Watch close.

GARCIA/CERIN - The team of Vladimir Cerin and Martin Garcia look like they are ready to explode and do it with some big numbers at that. Don't miss out.

GARCIA/MITCHELL - Mike Mitchell will continue to put over value priced winners and many of them will be ridden by the other hot apprentice Martin Garcia.

NAKATANI/ELLIS - Ron Ellis, who had almost a 50% win% at last year's Del Mar meet along with a huge ROI, is winding them up tight for Corey Nakatani and they are holding very well at the windows.

NAKATANI/O'NEILL - Doug O'Neill, who was 3rd in the trainer standings at the 2005 Del Mar meet is also using Corey Nakatani as his go to guy.

OCHOA/CERIN - Vladimir Cerin is also sending live ones to the other hot apprentice Juan Ochoa and at decent odds.

OCHOA/MULLINS - Jeff Mullins, who currently has the trainer title lead late in the Hollywood meet as of this writing, won the 2005 Del Mar trainer title. We expect him to continue to give live mounts to the hot apprentice Juan Ochoa through this year's Del Mar event.

POTTS/CARAVA - The majority of Jack Carava's Hollywood Park meet wins have been ridden by Clinton Potts who has gotten half of his Hollywood wins aboard Carava horses. Watch for this duo.

VALENZUELA/JONES,MARTIN - Martin Jones, who scored at a very high percentage and at a very high average win payoff at last year's Del Mar meet, is giving his live ones to Pat Valenzuela.

VALENZUELA/FRANKEL - Bobby Frankel will probably not send many during the meet but when he does you'll want to see Pat Valenzuela in the driver's seat.

SOLIS/HEADLEY - The team of Bruce Headley and Alex Solis has long been one of the best at this circuit. We expect to see a resurgence of this dynamic duo during this year's Del Mar meeting.

http://www.fullcardreports.com/

betchatoo
07-20-2006, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the post and thanks to the author

xfile
07-21-2006, 07:08 AM
One team not on the list that I've noticed = Victor Espinoza/Jerry Hollendorfer. After 2 days of the meet they have 2 wins. Last year Jerry went something like 1 for 25 at Del Mar but he seems to have his ducks in a row this year and Espos' agent seems to know about it. :cool:

xfile
07-22-2006, 06:43 AM
ESPINOZA/BAFFERT team from the list got a $12 winner Friday 7/21. In other notes: Trainers with 2 wins so far (3 days)

Juan Garcia
Jerry Hollendorfer
John Sadler
Wesley Ward
Who gets to 3rd win first of this group? My guess would be Hollendorfer in the 2nd race today (Sat 7/22) with Ghost Actor :cool:

vtbob
07-22-2006, 05:45 PM
The trainer / jockey combo angle has not been adequately exploited. I've already killed two turf races at Del Mar using the Trainer/Jockey Combo program at http://sports-bet-advantage.com. Please understand, this is my software, so I'm predudiced.

xfile
07-22-2006, 07:25 PM
ESPINOZA/BAFFERT team from the list got a $12 winner Friday 7/21. In other notes: Trainers with 2 wins so far (3 days)

Juan Garcia
Jerry Hollendorfer
John Sadler
Wesley Ward
Who gets to 3rd win first of this group? My guess would be Hollendorfer in the 2nd race today (Sat 7/22) with Ghost Actor :cool:

I see Ghost Actor got home a winner....that makes triple Jerry's output for 2005 already....I also see Norberto Arroyo has won 2 of the first 4 races. hmmmmm

xfile
07-23-2006, 09:24 AM
The trainer / jockey combo angle has not been adequately exploited. I've already killed two turf races at Del Mar using the Trainer/Jockey Combo program at http://sports-bet-advantage.com (http://sports-bet-advantage.com/). Please understand, this is my software, so I'm predudiced.

how does your program work exactly?

xfile
07-24-2006, 09:33 AM
Potts/Carava from the list had a $12.00 winner on 7/23 (Debonair Joe in the nightcap). Potts also won the $100k Fleet Treat.

Didn't Clinton Potts ride on the Penn National and other smaller Eastern track circuits? That's a heck of a jump to Socal but it looks like he is making it work.

xfile
07-28-2006, 02:35 PM
A few for Friday 7/28 Del Mar: :cool:

Race 2
4 Champagne Girl Potts/Carava 12-1

Race 3
6 Fuego Baze/Mullins 8-1

Race 5
5 Del Mar Cat Espinoza/Baffert 3-1
6 Racy Solis/Headley 4-1

Race 7
8 Midnight Lute Espinoza/Baffert 4-1

Race 8
5 Dark Regent Baze/Mullins 6-1

xfile
07-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Del Mar - A few for Sunday 7/30

Race 4 - #10 HILL OF GRACE (6-1) GALLAGHER /ESPINOZA

Race 5 - #5 BRADFORD (9-2) MULLINS /BAZE M C

:cool:

xfile
08-02-2006, 12:57 PM
A Few For Del Mar Today (Wednesday August 2)

Race 3 - #10 CHARM'EM (3-1) MULLINS/OCHOA

Race 4 - #2 DONERELLA (12-1) HARRINGTON/BAZE M C

Race 5 - #8 WYNN WALKER (7-2) MULLINS/BAZE M C

xfile
08-03-2006, 07:07 AM
A few For Del Mar Thursday August 03 - Good Looking Card:

Race 1 - #4 IRISH TY (5-2) MANDELLA GARY/ESPINOZA

Race 2 - #1 MUD LIGHT (9-5) MULLINS/OCHOA

Race 6 - #1 KREEKER (3-1) CARAVA/POTTS

Race 7 - #3 JAZZERIN (4-1) MANDELLA GARY/ESPINOZA

betthedouble
08-03-2006, 10:31 AM
The Pick Six carryover today at Del Mar will cause me to take a closer look but I found the card to be very disappointing...then I read this on the DRF site...
By STEVE ANDERSEN
DEL MAR, Calif. - Longshots in consecutive races on Wednesday has led to a pick six carryover of $134,339 for Thursday's eight-race program.
Thursday's pick six covers the third through eight races. The six races include four races on dirt for claimers. There is little quality on the program.....

Looks like it may be a double-carryover or there will be a lot of favorites.

BTD

JPinMaryland
08-03-2006, 01:22 PM
I am not sure what to make of the article, other than matching up jocks/trainers does the article really give any insight? It seems each comment is chosen from one or more of the following catch phrases:

"we excpect it to continue/we expect to see more winners..

"Not many mounts, but the ones he gets are live.

"Watch closely...

Can you really bank on this kinda stuff? It sounds cliche.

xfile
08-03-2006, 01:29 PM
The Pick Six carryover today at Del Mar will cause me to take a closer look but I found the card to be very disappointing...then I read this on the DRF site...
By STEVE ANDERSEN
DEL MAR, Calif. - Longshots in consecutive races on Wednesday has led to a pick six carryover of $134,339 for Thursday's eight-race program.
Thursday's pick six covers the third through eight races. The six races include four races on dirt for claimers. There is little quality on the program.....

Looks like it may be a double-carryover or there will be a lot of favorites.

BTD

The card is disapointing? Yes, it's hard to compete with the quality that Saratoga has this year not that SoCal and NYRA directly compete. I should see if I can get some Saratoga info on here. Full Card had Kent Desormeaux nailed as the value jock of the meet before the whole thing started. I've been on all of his wins including Monday when he landed 2 zingers. :cool: