PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar Saturday (8/31)

rrbauer
08-31-2002, 04:57 PM
Del Mar Saturday August 31, 2002
P6 Carryover
Fast and Firm Rails at 14 ft.

R1
I’ll go with a very cold trainer, Van Berg, who has a pretty hot horse, Taliano.

R2
Could be that Knight Raider will get the lead with Expressionist pressing. If so, the race sets up to gives Bluesthestandard another win.

R3
Jade Fox a homebred for Hess is properly placed and can run a little. Nipper Kelly gets Stevens (a buddy of Jackson) and should get another chance.

R4
In here Sportz Biz looks like a standout.

R5
Looks like Al Salam is ready to explode with a big one.

R6
Try Military Academy coming back for Gallagher.

R7
Very tough race. At least 4 or 5 eyeballs-out runners here. I’ll try Sunset Place coming back for McAnally.

R8
It’s easy to get excited about Santa Catarina and Sea Jewel. But, what about a horse that has already got the distance and is working great for Hess? Mac Melody could be the shocker.

R9
Down on the bottom: Take your pick between More Influence, Good Ol’ Uncle Joe and Chinois.

R10
Resolve could get an easy lead here. Kolinor will be pressing and Indiahoma is doing well right not.

Go Baby Go!

rrbauer
08-31-2002, 09:52 PM
Del Mar Saturday August 31, 2002
Damage

R1
I’ll go with a very cold trainer, Van Berg, who has a pretty hot horse, Taliano. Result Taliano broke with the leaders but Smith backed out of the duel. Hot and Cannon One went on. Hot got the lead then came over on ‘One into the lane, but ‘One got even by running him down as Hot tired badly. Taliano saw ‘em all, but was running on at the end and wasn’t any farther back at the end than at the ˝. This one may want two turns.

R2
Could be that Knight Raider will get the lead with Expressionist pressing. If so, the race sets up to gives Bluesthestandard another win. Result Blues sat behind the speed with The Station, Knight Raider and Expressionist ding-donging. ‘Raider dropped out on the turn. Re Echo made a looping move on the turn. Champ’s Star saved ground at the rail. Blues burst out of the pack in upper stretch to get a clear lead and was holding Re Echo safe when Champ’s Star rallied up the rail and got the win late. Blues 2nd and Echo 3rd.

R3
Jade Fox a homebred for Hess is properly placed and can run a little. Nipper Kelly gets Stevens (a buddy of Jackson) and should get another chance. Result Julio’s shipper went favorite. I only saw the stretch run and know that Julie’s Go Baby Go ran down Breakfast At T’s late with Jade Fox a fast-closing 3rd. Missed the break! No bets anyway.

R4
In here Sportz Biz looks like a standout. Result SIANR. ‘Biz let Sheza Slick Chick, Wicked Mood and company do all the dirty work, then at the 3/8 Corey pushed go and she looped the leaders in the 4-path, drew out and won for fun. ‘Chick was 2nd and Luxury Jewels got 3rd. I thought 1-1 was a steal on this one. (And I stole!)

R5
Looks like Al Salam is ready to explode with a big one. Result Battante went fav and got the lead. ‘Salam tracked on the rail a couple back and came out on the turn and had the lead briefly in the lane. First, Belongstospeed then Bob’s Lady came out of the pack to challenge. ‘Lady got the win with ‘speed 2nd and ‘Salam holding 3rd. I had some small P3’s ending here that didn’t end well. But, I did kick off a new one using both ‘Salam and ‘Lady thru the #1 in R6 and with #1,3,8,10 and 12 in R7. (Small bets folks!)

R6
Try Military Academy coming back for Gallagher. Result Brazil Nut made the lead into the turn, cleared and just kept on going. ‘Academy (11-1) tracked with Weed Runner (9/5 fav) to the outside and both made a run after ˝ at the leader. ‘Nut repelled that and ‘Runner started backing out. ‘Academy stayed around on the turn and then backed out. By then ‘Nut is saying bye-bye. Late runners Bien Rullah and Dancing Banner locked up 2nd and 3rd respectively. P3’s are history. P4 coming up!

R7
Very tough race. At least 4 or 5 eyeballs-out runners here. I’ll try Sunset Place coming back for McAnally. Result A cavalry charge on the front end. Trevor kept calling the 12 Alert in front. Crap! Alert never had the lead, especially in the lane. Anyway, Vronsky got a perfect trip and was game and led into the stretch, but Sunset Place (5/2 late action) kept at it and got the win. Vronsky 2nd and Albert G a late-closing 3rd. Kicked off a P4 here.

R8
It’s easy to get excited about Santa Catarina and Sea Jewel. But, what about a horse that has already got the distance and is working great for Hess? Mac Melody could be the shocker. Result Iona, Little Bit A Swiss and Miss Houdini ding-donged early with ‘Houdini getting thru inside to the lead. Santa Catarina was blocked on the turn but got a seam into the stretch and went to the rail to battle ‘Houdini. ‘Houdini held for the win and ‘Catarina was 2nd. Indy Groove got the show. Sea Jewel was 4th. The import is still running! Shoot! P4 in the toilet. BTW. Warren Stute (trainer of ‘Houdini) won this race back in the 50’s! Short-lived P4!

R9
Down on the bottom: Take your pick between More Influence, Good Ol’ Uncle Joe and Chinois. Result Uncle Joe wins, tight between Augustan and Chinois with Augustan getting the nod for 2nd. Shut out trying to get a 6/7/8 with 5/6/7 double.

R10
Resolve could get an easy lead here. Kolinor will be pressing and Indiahoma is doing well right now. Result Kolinor got the lead and ran off. Heisman tried to ding-dong but did better dong-dinging. Indiahoma tracked about 4 back and then ran on into the stretch. Northern Crown and Dereck came late to photo for the win ‘Homa was 3rd. (Crown was 50-1!)