PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Handicapping Software Poll - Part 3

trying2win
07-18-2006, 04:48 AM
Here's one more section of a 2006 Handicapping Software Poll.

Bruddah
07-18-2006, 08:02 AM
seems like the same thing over and over. Or, am I missing something here? :bang:

KingChas
07-18-2006, 09:20 AM
seems like the same thing over and over. Or, am I missing something here? :bang:

Maybe we will become bigger than Phillips Newsletter (program/system rating) of online sites. ;)

Bruddah
07-18-2006, 10:20 AM
of the posters on this site, very much. There are many members here, for whom, I have the highest regards. Especially, in the world of computer handicapping. Jeff P and JCapper specifically, along with several others. However, after awhile, we can wear a topic out.

I would ask these (very intelligent) people to keep us advised on the upgrades of their products. The one thing I have noticed about these softwares are, some are meant for the computer intelligencia and some are meant for the average handicapper. I fall in the latter group.

Computers came along too late in my lifetime for me to have anything but a rudimentary skill level. Because, I value what they are able to do in business and other disciplines, I have tried to stay abreast, albeit always behind the learning curve, significantly. I ran corporations with the benefit of the reports they could generate but barely could use the PC. After retirement, I found I had to step up my game, in order to pursue electronic handicapping.

All of this said and I find myself asking, about these polls, "What is being accomplished?"

Boats
07-18-2006, 12:26 PM
One more poll!
For those that do their own programming how about a poll on which programming languages/platforms they use.

I'm just porting my program to Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. It's one hell of a development system. The program can run on Windows mobile 5.0 devices. So with my Dell axim pocket PC I can download the BRIS drf file and have all the answers in my pocket. No more paper.

By the way, I use the visual basic language.

Handiman
07-23-2006, 05:54 AM
I write in Liberty Basic and churn out windows programs. I usually use TSN .50 or procapps files. Thay are almost identical, 'cept procapps has a power number already figured in the file.

Handi

bugboy
07-28-2006, 07:35 PM
has anyone here tried computrak?any feed back would be appreciated. thanks, frank

ratpack
08-03-2006, 11:09 AM
has anyone here tried computrak?any feed back would be appreciated. thanks, frank

Yes, I like the program.

You can use the Oddsline screen for quick contender selection. It also has
other rating for Early speed and Closing Time for Turf.

It has a "Wizard" for telling you how to play the rating best and it also has an Extensive and a Chart output if yoy wish to dig deeper into the numbers.

Suprising number of longshot contenders stick around to the wire. I have had the most success with the program boxing 3 horse exacta and tri's when the odds are right.

Simple program, Google Group, Excellent Support, Bris/TSN files, No Data Base build up necessary or to maintain

Sailwolf
08-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Computers came along too late in my lifetime for me to have anything but a rudimentary skill level.

Someone who is a member and used to publish a news letter said one time ..." if my mother who is 80 years old can operate a computer, then anyone at any age can learn".

I see older persons operate a cell phone. Mostly likely, some of them did not have a phone when they were growing up.

There are computer classes for all types of people.

Never too late!!!!!!!!!!

46zilzal
08-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Someone who is a member and used to publish a news letter said one time ..." if my mother who is 80 years old can operate a computer, then anyone at any age can learn".

My wife teaches information technology and often is invited to speak on various topics at senior's groups and I often attend. You would be amazed at their skills: they come up with answers to problems (much like teenagers) that aren't in ANY book or instructions. We were impressed.