PDA

View Full Version : Pace Evaluator Software

OKSilver
07-17-2006, 04:46 PM
I have just received a new flyer from RPM for "The Pace Evaluator Software".

Does anyone have any experience with this software ? :confused:

Lefty
07-18-2006, 11:30 AM
If you like TPR numbers you'll also like this. It's mainly TPR numbers EPR, FFR, TPR formatted so you can see all the horses lines and numbers at once. It also gives the Bris Power number. I use it with Procaps files, I just rename em to drf files. It might transpose a Bris Power number a little 1st, 2nd reversed, 4th 5th reversed etc. But the TPR numbers the main thing, i think.

Wickel
07-25-2006, 05:25 PM
Lefty: How does this compare to the Brohamer software on TPRs? The RPM installment pay plan is what always sucks me in. But, hey, if it's comparable to Brohamer, or even worthwhile as a tool, I might take a shot.

Lefty
07-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Wickel, Brohamer's prgm is fps. This is a straght TPR prgm. If you've read the book Pace Makes the Race, these are the numbers the prgm generates. EPR, FFR, and TPR. If you like Tpr numbers, you'll like this.

cloud9
07-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Lefty ! I don't no how you can have any experience using this program when The program was only for sell about a week ago .

John
07-28-2006, 05:37 PM
Cloud 9

Get off Cloud9 !!!

everyone knows that lefty gets the lowdown before it is on sale.

Lefty and Maxspa are on top of all the new software. In some cases both have been known to test software before you hear about it.

Lefty
07-28-2006, 08:02 PM
cloud9, i got it right away from RPM and it's just the TPR numbers with a couple twists thrown in, such as bris power numbers and the formatting so all the horses epr, ffr, and tpr numbers come up all at once with nothing for you to enter. I can assure you, I have vast experience with TPR numbers. These are the same numbers you can do by hand from the book Pace Makes The Race.

sevenall
07-28-2006, 11:58 PM
Is there a website for this software? I've been looking for a simple program that produces TPR numbers.

Lefty
07-29-2006, 01:19 AM
Your best bet right now is to get it from Dave Powers at RPM. $99 bucks, saving $50.
www.handicappingedge.com
his e-mail info@handicappingedge.com

John
07-29-2006, 08:35 AM
Lefty What is A TPR ? [ total pace rating.] If it is I would think that MPH is the best IMO.

Lefty
07-29-2006, 11:43 AM
John, yes, TPR is total pace rating. MPH is feet per second. I'd rather look at whole numbers but both are good. MPH only available now, i think, from Trackmaster. With this new TPH prgm you can rename procaps adv files from tsn and make them work.

cloud9
07-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Lefty! My apology's .I didn't no you were able to get the software before it was sold to the public. Do you think its worth $99.An what do you think of the method that is used with the software ?

Lefty
07-29-2006, 07:51 PM
cloud9, it's ok. Yes, I think it's worth the $99. TPR numbers are simple and good workable numbers. If you liked the book Pace Makes The Race(either edition)you will like this inexpensive prgm. It uses Bris dl, but i've been able to rename procaps files from tsn to a drf file after unzipping; and they work fine.

Tom
07-30-2006, 11:41 AM
Can anyone post a screen shot of what the output looks like?

Lefty
07-30-2006, 12:31 PM
Guess I don't know how to do it. I have several saved, but when I copy them and come here paste is greyed out. Tell me how to do it and i'll post one tonight. I tried the attachment dn below, but couldn't get it to work either.
Hey, Just e-mail me and i'll send ya one tonight. I can DO that.

danddiver
07-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Is there an easier way to use the Procaps files than changing each individual file extension.
Thanks,
Dan

Bruddah
07-30-2006, 01:26 PM
Can someone lead me to his site. I am interested in finding a simple program which breaks down PP's into fps. I have been doing this manually too long using a spreadsheet.

Can anyone give me a breakdown on this program?

danddiver
07-30-2006, 01:44 PM
Race Prophet does it and it's free I think. ;)

Lefty
07-30-2006, 07:34 PM
dan, a guy sent me a bulk filechanger but i accidently deleted it. I'll see if i can get a link; think it's free.

Lefty
07-30-2006, 08:15 PM
Here's link to that bulk rename utility. It's Free!

http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/system/fwfilerename.html

danddiver
07-30-2006, 10:12 PM
The site's got a lot of cool stuff.
Dan

ldiatone
07-31-2006, 08:28 AM
John, yes, TPR is total pace rating. MPH is feet per second. I'd rather look at whole numbers but both are good. MPH only available now, i think, from Trackmaster. With this new TPH prgm you can rename procaps adv files from tsn and make them work.

Lefty
please explain this "tph" program. what is it? where does one get it? i have MPH and use it for another look
thanks

rrbauer
07-31-2006, 09:51 AM
dan, a guy sent me a bulk filechanger but i accidently deleted it. I'll see if i can get a link; think it's free.

Easiest way to rename a bunch of files is go into DOS session and the directory where the files are at.

Assume you want to rename all of the .xyz files to .abc

At the command line enter REN *.xyz *.abc If you don't want all of them renamed, then do some qualification to just get the subset that you want, like REN DMR*.xyz DMR*.abc

You could also setup one or more batch files and launch them from the
"Run" line of the Start Menu....you would need to prefix the batch file name
in the Run command with the directory info of the batch file's location.

Like RUN C:\folderA\folderB\targetdir\renfile.bat

And, just as an aside, if you're not an old DOS Dog, to return to Windows from the DOS command line, just type EXIT
OK?

danddiver
07-31-2006, 11:05 AM
Excellent,Richard!
Thanks,
Dan

Lefty
07-31-2006, 11:35 AM
idatone, Total Pace Handicapping is a prgm put out by the Sartin Group way back when. It was manual then. There was a whole book(2 editions)written about it. These guys have put out a downloadable ver of prgm that allows you to see the epr's ffr's and tpr's of every pl up to 10 with no further input on your part. Right now RPM is selling it for $99 and supposed to go up soon to $149. I gave the RPM e-mail address earlier in this thread.
I want to stress i bght the prgm just like everyone else and have no interest financial or otherwise in it, except as a horseplayer.

Houndog
07-31-2006, 11:50 AM
Bob Purdy's SYNERGISM VI also uses TPR numbers with the HDW download.

Lefty
07-31-2006, 11:58 AM
Houndog, that's true, but if one just interested in Tpr numbers and not all the other bells and whistles, that's expensive data compared to TSN's Procaps files.
Purdy, no doubt, has a good prgm that goes far beyond just vanilla Tpr's.

Houndog
07-31-2006, 12:11 PM
Houndog, that's true, but if one just interested in Tpr numbers and not all the other bells and whistles, that's expensive data compared to TSN's Procaps files.
Purdy, no doubt, has a good prgm that goes far beyond just vanilla Tpr's.

Lefty, I totally agree with you as far as expensive data is concerned. Do you know if the TPR numbers are adjusted in any way or are the numbers raw?

Lefty
07-31-2006, 12:32 PM
houndog, they look to be raw. I have a little prm I had written for me that uses em raw and these numbers are similar. Maybe 1 digit off here and there, and i attribute that to rounding off.

Houndog
07-31-2006, 12:42 PM
Lefty, I have a program that was written in basic that was given to me by a person from one of the Sartin Seminars. It generates the basic TPR ratings, and also if you put in the DRF variant it will make the adjustments as suggested from Pace Makes The Race. Nothing fancy but it does the job.

Lefty
07-31-2006, 05:08 PM
Houndog, if it's what i'm thinking of, used to have it on 5.25 disk. But you have to input all the racelines manually. Tired of that, long ago.
Anyway, the raw numbers seem to be prettty good.