PDA

View Full Version : I.R.S. (Interesting Recovery System)

Rexdale You
08-30-2002, 11:34 PM
Just got back from "The Spa" had my picture taken for the first time,,,,What a load of manure,,,,I consider myself lucky insofar i had my sin # with me plus supportive I.D. A citizen at the next stall was not so lucky he did not have his I.D. would have to drive 4 hours one way to pickup same and reflected his anger re the lack of info on the policy,,,,Maybe the "Man" should be taking out ads in the DRF that prepare winners of the process they have to be ready for in the event they score big,,,,As for me it was just over the line at $656.00,,,I think "Big Daddy" is offside on this one,,,,Oh yes ! Do not even think of your losing bets,This is a one way street. I will now stay above the 49 parallel save $300.00 on hotel,food & fuel,,,,Simulcast is looking much better ,,,,That tune by Bob Dylan "Sundown on the union" is starting to make sense,,,,Maybe everyone should move to New Hampshire,,,,Rex You,,,,:eek: :eek: :( :confused:

so.cal.fan
08-31-2002, 11:31 AM
Sorry that happened to you Rex.
Why can't they just take 10% of a "taxable" ticket? (and that's really criminal in itself).
No one should have to use their SS card or ID.
There is a number of "professional signers" who will sign for these tickets.....they keep records and then get back the money from the IRS.
We are already TAXED to the tune of 15% to 24% (or there-abouts) DAMN IT.
:mad:

Rexdale You
09-01-2002, 11:18 AM
Heh So.Cal,,,,I am just realising why so many betters are betting offshore,,,,They get to keep Approx 25% more of the big scores,,,,That is a incentive in itself,,,,Thanks for your responce,,,,If Uncle Sam sends me a bill he is wasting his time ,,,,Rex You:D :D :D :)

pic6vic
09-01-2002, 12:05 PM
We have been arguing this for years. If you itemize, then there is no problem. Just list gambling winners and then on schedule A list
Gambling losses. Make sure you do this as they will probably get you for it. I have been audited 3 times for gambling winnings in the 80's. No big deal, but a pain. Don't ignore!!!!!