PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar Friday (Aug 30)

rrbauer
08-30-2002, 06:27 PM
Running late.....5 MTP R1

Del Mar Friday August 30, 2002
Fast and Firm
Rails at 14 feet (according to DRF)

Tricky card!

R1
Exclusiveandcatty and Mike Smith are getting in synch. I’ll try a little of that.

R2
First, I’m sorry to see Mighty David in here. Paasch just doesn’t get it about resting these horses after big efforts and a bounce. Ecstatic will make the lead and something will run him down….I think! No pick.

R3
Candita knows the drill. McCarthy hasn’t had her long enough to screw things up.

R4
Buttertart takes off the hood for Becerra and worked huge since raced. Baffert/Peagram have Oneexcessivenite and Mr. Tufts says take her. OK.

R5
Flat 6f. Longer and I love Black Bart. But here I’ll go with the Sarge and Apalachee’s Native. Bart will be motoring late.

R6
Rail out 14 feet. Who gets the lead? Six Hitter and P Val look like the right suspects. I would love Snoopy Cat, but not with Pedroza on the turf. No patience and ants in his pants!

R7
Tough. Like who Se Me Acabo has been tackling, only they aren’t in here today! I’m watching this one.

R8
I wouldn’t give you $40k for the whole damn field! Reigning Storm is the better of O’Neill’s firsters and P Val agrees. To The Victor has lick and should improve. Obermeister comes from a cagey barn and it’s tough to get a read on the works. But when Victor rides for this guy it’s usually a live one.

Go Baby Go

rrbauer
09-01-2002, 04:36 PM
Just realized (Sunday!) that I didn't post the damage from this one.

Del Mar Friday August 30, 2002
Damage

R1
Exclusiveandcatty and Mike Smith are getting in synch. I’ll try a little of that. Result Well ‘catty got the desired easy lead with Golden Sands tracking about 2 lengths back. They went to the stretch that way. ‘Sands dropped out. Garden In The Rain came along and took care of ‘catty for the win. Lookn Mighty Fine came out of the clouds for 2nd. ‘catty 3rd. Eh!

R2
First, I’m sorry to see Mighty David in here. Paasch just doesn’t get it about resting these horses after big efforts and a bounce. Ecstatic will make the lead and something will run him down….I think! No pick. Result Crafty C. T. popped the gate Mighty David and Ecstatic took up the chase and at the ½ mile pole they were 3-across. Off the turn ‘David backed out (then started lugging out badly….I told you!) with Ecstatic grinding away but couldn’t hold C.T. late. Fleet Foot along middle of the track for 3rd. Eh!

R3
Candita knows the drill. McCarthy hasn’t had her long enough to screw things up. Result Solis is really annoying me lately with his rides. Candita out in the parking lot on the CH turn, 5-path up the backside and lost interest on the far turn. Meantime, P Val has Starship Saratoga winging on the rail and went on for the win. Midnight Meeting got 2nd and Stormy Spirit 3rd. Ugh!

R4
Buttertart takes off the hood for Becerra and worked huge since raced. Baffert/Peagram have Oneexcessivenite and Mr. Tufts says take her. OK. Result Don’t know what happened to Buttertart at the break. Sky’s Snow, Easy Kiss and Flag Lady B hooked up early and took them into the stretch. ‘Snow ran down ‘Kiss late and ‘Lady just held off Buttertart for 3rd. The Baffert firster was 5-wide most of the race and was done off the turn. I took 7-1 on Buttertart. Problem is they got the 1-part and I didn’t get the 7-part.!

R5
Flat 6f. Longer and I love Black Bart. But here I’ll go with the Sarge and Apalachee’s Native. Bart will be motoring late. Result R Meadow Luck (trainer change from last race) popped and whistled ‘Dixie. Irish Muldoon, Apalachee’s Native and Bettor Royalty battled in the 2nd flight. ‘Muldoon cut the corner and won that battle. Black Bart and Modernist took the overland route and Modernist won the battle for 3rd. Started a short-lived P4 here for $24. Like I said early, “Tricky card.”

R6
Rail out 14 feet. Who gets the lead? Six Hitter and P Val look like the right suspects. I would love Snoopy Cat, but not with Pedroza on the turf. No patience and ants in his pants! Result One advantage of using just one horse is that you only get beat once! ‘Hitter was in the 4-path and got bounced around in the first turn. Meantime Saphir Indian with Gonzo took off and opened about 6 up the backside. Slowly they closed in but ‘Hitter just couldn’t get clear. (Snoopy Cat had a lane through but Pedroze didn’t see it.) Anyway, Malone came outside along with National Park that was up close but wide on the backside and ‘Hitter finally got a run but too late. Malone 1st. ‘Part 2nd. ‘Hitter 3rd.

R7
Tough. Like who Se Me Acabo has been tackling, only they aren’t in here today! I’m watching this one. Result Missed the live race, but I know that Netherland got the win. Have to watch replays for the rest. No blood anyway!

R8
I wouldn’t give you $40k for the whole damn field! Reigning Storm is the better of O’Neill’s firsters and P Val agrees. To The Victor has lick and should improve. Obermeister comes from a cagey barn and it’s tough to get a read on the works. But when Victor rides for this guy it’s usually a live one. Result Reigning Storm, Ghost Memo and To The Victor ding-donged early. ‘Storm went on but Seemore Seemore came along and cleared late for the win. ‘Storm was 2nd and Aye Chihuahua was along in the middle for 3rd. Obermeister was well placed on the turn, but faded after that.
Had an exacta box with the three mentioned that will join my cardboard hall-of-fame!

Tricky card!

See ya tomorrow.