PDA

View Full Version : California Racing Fairs

trying2win
07-16-2006, 01:53 PM
A few questions about the California Racing Fairs:

1. Does anyone like playing these fairs on a regular basis?

2. Are the majority of horses running at these fairs, just cheap claimers, conditioned-claimers, or maiden claimers?

3. Are all the tracks on this fair circuit, 5/8 of a mile ovals?

Thanks,

T2W

Sailwolf
07-16-2006, 02:17 PM
A few questions about the California Racing Fairs:

1. Does anyone like playing these fairs on a regular basis?

2. Are the majority of horses running at these fairs, just cheap claimers, conditioned-claimers, or maiden claimers?

3. Are all the tracks on this fair circuit, 5/8 of a mile ovals?

Thanks,

T2W

No. these are pigs not horses; the quality drops way down from Bay Meadows and Golden Gate (BM and GG are a drop from southern California. Another issue for another time

2. cheap claimers and maiden claimers. Including quarters, arabians, mules and anything else to fill the races

3. Most of the tracks are 1 mile. Not ferndale and one other track. One fair site has a turf course. Another thread stated do not bet real money at these tracks.

46zilzal
07-16-2006, 02:24 PM
3. Most of the tracks are 1 mile. Not ferndale and one other track. One fair site has a turf course. Another thread stated do not bet real money at these tracks.

Solano, Ferndale and Fariplex are all under a mile. Santa Rosa has the turf course and is a very good track.

Ferndale is as HOME TOWN as you are going to get out in the cool coast weather or Humboldt county near a great Victorian town where the movies Outbreak and Jim Carrey's The Majestic were filmed

on the contrary: Bay Meadow's Fair, Plesanton and Santa Rosa are good betting places.

trying2win
07-16-2006, 02:29 PM
Sailwolf and 46zilzal:

--Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

T2W

Sailwolf
07-16-2006, 02:33 PM
Solano, Ferndale and Fariplex are all under a mile. Santa Rosa has the turf course and is a very good track.

Ferndale is as HOME TOWN as you are going to get out in the cool coast weather or Humboldt county near a great Victorian town where the movies Outbreak and Jim Carrey's The Majestic were filmed

I keep forgeting since fairplex (Pomona) is in Southern California, it is part of the fair system

kenwoodallpromos
07-16-2006, 07:21 PM
http://www.calfairs.com/

kitts
07-17-2006, 01:32 PM
I do like cheap horses and they have been very, very good to me. And I especially like the NoCal Fairs. I make money there every year which I do not at DMR I wish the fairs meet would last but I also do well at BM and GG. And we always like it where we make money, right?

RXB
07-17-2006, 03:23 PM
It's already halfway through RXB's annual Solano Vacation Fundraiser. I wish this track ran for two months instead of just two weeks.