PDA

View Full Version : Huge fields at Churchill today (7-16)

bettheoverlay
07-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Even after scratches, there are 126 horses in 11 races today. 11.4 average. Smallest field 10. 7 races at 12 including the last 5.

GMB@BP
07-16-2006, 01:24 PM
dont they go to ellis park soon, thats the reason, no one really wants to go to ellis

Sailwolf
07-16-2006, 02:20 PM
dont they go to ellis park soon, thats the reason, no one really wants to go to ellis

Ellis Park starts July 18th.

Why do they not want to go to Ellis Park?:confused:

dutzman
07-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Cuz, there is no money at Ellis.........

Jeff P
07-16-2006, 05:34 PM
posted by Sailwolf - Ellis Park starts July 18th.

Why do they not want to go to Ellis Park? :confused: I can't speak for the horsesmen... but I'll offer a player's perspective. I realize I'm probably the only one here thinking this... Yeah, I know Del Mar starts on Wed and Saratoga is just around the corner... and I LOVE both of those meets... but when they move to Ellis I get kind of sad. Year in and year out Keeneland and Churchill are always two of my better meets value-wise. The horses and the connections at KEE and CD are a step up quality-wise from those you'll see at Ellis. The hit rate and avg win mutuel for the ones I play has always been a step up at Keeneland and Churchill vs Ellis too. For me the move to Ellis signals an end to real racing in KY for a while... Yeah, I know there's those fall meets coming up... but they're short... and then I have to listen to Mike Battaglia call races for what seems like an eternity... sometime in late Feb to early March I start marking days on the calendar until Keeneland starts again.

-jp

cj
07-16-2006, 06:05 PM
I'm with you Jeff, I play Kee, and the last two years LOVE Churchill, but the rest of Kentucky is not on my menu.

Tom
07-16-2006, 06:47 PM
See, now I hate Kee - will not play it, and will not use a paceline from it for any other track. Beuatiful place, but Iwas there when it was simulcast only.

I love Ellis Park. I play Saratoga and DelMar turf and Ellis mainly this time of year. I don't give a hoot about most of Saratoga.

Zaf
07-16-2006, 07:11 PM
http://www.courierpress.com/news/2006/jul/16/summer-memories-made-at-ellis-park/

Z

Valuist
07-16-2006, 10:30 PM
Ellis is playable but you definitely need to do post parade inspection there. Its hotter than hell in Evansville in August and July.

slotterhaus
07-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Dmr & Sar both offer 3yo claimers at a variety of distances, races which are delightfully chaotic and reward judicious use of the ALL button. The rapid depreciation of 3yos leads to routine miscalculation by the masses, who always underestimate just how quickly once promising types can decline. I play nothing but these impending catastrophes at the boutique meets and only lose when I'm too cautious in my approach. Be on alert.