PDA

View Full Version : BRIS data file problems for 7/16/2006

mhrussell
07-15-2006, 11:51 PM
Just a heads up.... the BRIS DRF Multi-file formats for several tracks tomorrow are messed up. I was just about to pull my hair out tying to figure out what is going on (I am debugging some new code; yeah what a time to have goofy data files.. huh? :bang: ) when a friend/handicapper emailed me saying he was having the exact same thing happening.

HP and CRC now seem OK, but BEL and CD have big chunks of data missing.

Don't know if other tracks/ file types are impacted, but I would guess they would be. At least do a detailed check to make sure your data for your track is OK.. or else use another data provider for tomorrow just to be 'safe'.

rrbauer
07-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Also, I noticed that their PDF chart files for yesterday (15th) were not available....

Jeff P
07-16-2006, 12:43 PM
The problem isn't limited to the multi file version. I'm looking at the CDX0716.DRF and BEL0716.DRF Single format Data Files and both have lots of missing info.

-jp

Jeff P
07-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Just got off the phone with Bris Tech Support...

Files downloaded yesterday for 7/16 are missing lots of info. Files downloaded today are "almost" 100 percent complete. For example, looking at the CDX0716.DRF Single Format Data File which I just re-downloaded five minutes ago... post position and Morning Line for just a few horses is missing - all the other info is there. So they have it about 97+ percent resolved right now. They are working on it as I type this and should have it resolved 100 percent shortly.

-jp

Tom
07-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Will they allow us to re-download for free?
Or, if not, will they charge us $0.97 per file?:lol:

Jeff P
07-16-2006, 07:07 PM
They've never charged for re-downloads. And whenever I've told their customer service people that I downloaded a bad file - they've always given me credit for the bad file itself.

-jp