PDA

View Full Version : horse racing might have problems

Dave
07-15-2006, 11:01 PM
but, it could be worse (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,176-2272175,00.html)

THE secret slaughter of at least 10,000 racing greyhounds by one man has been exposed by an undercover investigation. For the past 15 years David Smith, a builders’ merchant, has been killing healthy greyhounds no longer considered by their trainers to be fast enough to race. He buries them in a one-acre plot at the back of his home in Seaham, Co Durham.

DrugSalvastore
07-15-2006, 11:12 PM
I don't support the slaughter of greyhounds.

However, I am all for the slaughter of David Smith.

kenwoodallpromos
07-15-2006, 11:41 PM
"Since 1997 anyone has been able to own a bolt gun to kill animals without a licence, although they can be prosecuted if the animals are put down inhumanely or without the owner’s permission."

In the Motherland, anyone can kill their animal for no reason. The American Revolution is sounding more and more promising!

a radical conservative talk show host says how animals are treated tells you about the country. This is the country who gave the world fox hunts.
And the Greyhound racing big shots knew all about it. Sounds like it may have even been legal!

First_Place
07-16-2006, 02:29 AM
A "radical" conservative talk show host??? Aw, come on now, Ken! If that isn't an oxymoron nothing is! YOU know better than that...unless you're one of those afflicted with that mental disturbance called liberalism. Then, and only then, anyone to the right of Karl Marx and the Bolshevik murderers that his poisonous ideas spawned, and a whole host of "progressive" worms since then (who have caused--and continue to cause--so much human hardships and suffering with their hair-brained schemes) is "radical."

When YOU say "radical" I suggest you look on the 'left' side of the aisle.

As far as the thread at hand is concerned, this mass slaughter of perfectly healthy dogs is a CRIME!!

FP

kenwoodallpromos
07-16-2006, 03:48 AM
A "radical" conservative talk show host??? Aw, come on now, Ken! If that isn't an oxymoron nothing is! YOU know better than that...unless you're one of those afflicted with that mental disturbance called liberalism. Then, and only then, anyone to the right of Karl Marx and the Bolshevik murderers that his poisonous ideas spawned, and a whole host of "progressive" worms since then (who have caused--and continue to cause--so much human hardships and suffering with their hair-brained schemes) is "radical."

When YOU say "radical" I suggest you look on the 'left' side of the aisle.

As far as the thread at hand is concerned, this mass slaughter of perfectly healthy dogs is a CRIME!!

FP
I honestly thought even some Repubs consider Michael Savage Radical!

Ponyplayr
07-16-2006, 12:14 PM
This situation is deplorable!!
Fortunately we have PETA. We can trust them to solve the problem.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/commentary/20050722-085338-5284r.htm

JustRalph
07-16-2006, 02:53 PM
I honestly thought even some Repubs consider Michael Savage Radical!

I think savage is off the deep end on some things. But, I love him! :lol:

robert99
07-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Horse and greyhounds "surplus" to racing requirements have been regularly "humanely" destroyed since racing began. Charities do try to home a small proportion of greyhounds and they make wonderful pets. I had one.
Flat race horses are often too spirited to home as hobby pets - a few get sold abroad and a few more go on to national hunt racing but most end up in tins.
I think this sad state of affairs goes on hidden behind the scenes in every country.
After a huge fuss, the fox has gained some measure of legal protection against mass horse and hound hunting.