PDA

View Full Version : Exec. Pay & The 9-11-01 Factor. Cover Story/ Wall Street Journal

Suff
07-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Weekend edition of the WSJ has a huge story on Stock Options , and their immoral issuance surrounding our national tragedy known as Nine Eleven.

You know when the WSJ is concerned about corporate greed it is time to put the cork in the bottle.

It's a front page story, then a whole page on A4.

I won't give you to many details because I don't want to get sick reading replies from two-bit republicans. Saddens me that I'm reading things like this WSJ article and I have a hokie from Texas ask me this morning if I was American.... because sometimes it is hard to tell.

Imagine that... I mean how misguided, misinformed, and just plain ignorant are these guys?

Trust me...because on shit like this I know a little bit...when the WSJ is putting this on its front page..........The unamericans have taken over.

"Dozens of Companies are being investigated, for backdating options. In addition dozens of firms made false disclosures, and perhaps reported financial results incorrectly following 9-11. The whole Multiple Option grants surrounding 9-11 raise a different question.......Did companies take unseemly timely advantage of a National Tragedy?"

suff talking.. when the WSJ is asking that ?.... the answer is yes!:lol:
Trust me..:D

Just a few more snippets... The paper cost a buck btw...and if you so love America the way you say you do.. get off your redneck ass and go buy it. Its a Buck. Or don't they sell it near your small world? That is probably true for 1/2 you hillbilly republicans.

This from John Lilliard on making Millions on stock options due to 9-11.

If there is external event that may effect the marketplace, and you make a decision to reward executives, you go ahead with it. Life goes on..

life goes on....:( Hey Elkabong... You hear that ? From that Greedy Republican Bastard? Life goes on Mutha'F'r! Get over 9-11 is what he is telling you!! :lol: So.. I made millions... Life goes on!!!!! Fer Christ sake Elkabong,,, why don't you grow some nuts and ask that MuthF'r if he's American?

one more

Black and Decker hadn't issued Option in a September since 1994. Yet in Sept 2001, They issued 100's of thousands of options to 5 Executives...

. But even this BS has to make you laugh.

Roger Young spokesperson for B & D said the Stock Grants came about because the board had been worried for months about Departures of Key Employees, it thus had decided to defer options grants to top executives normally given in April, until it could come up with a retention plan. The fact that it came up with a retention plan, that was completed 10 days after the attack was a coincidence.

Nolan Archibold CEO of B& D made 1.4 million off September 11th.

The spokesman continues..

It didnt bother the board that the options were given at an advantageous strike price, Because that helped with retention, and as far as the poor timing ......well that's water under the bridge!!

Water under the Bridge!! You hear that! First it was Life goes on, and now... It's water under the bridge!...:lol:

Why don't one of you repugs pick up the phone on Monday morning and call Nolan Archibald.....ask him how Muth'fng American he is!

lsbets
07-15-2006, 02:59 PM
You know Suff, I didn't even get to the quotes you put in from the article. I couldn't make it through your rambling introduction. If you had anything of value to say, I have no idea, because I (and I think many will agree with me) don't feel like wading through the venom that passes for thought in that thoughtless mind of yours.

You have really become a sorry caricature of someone who many once regarded as a decent person. A part of me feels bad for you.

GaryG
07-15-2006, 03:11 PM
You know Suff, I didn't even get to the quotes you put in from the article. I couldn't make it through your rambling introduction. If you had anything of value to say, I have no idea, because I (and I think many will agree with me) don't feel like wading through the venom that passes for thought in that thoughtless mind of yours.

You have really become a sorry caricature of someone who many once regarded as a decent person. A part of me feels bad for you.I stopped at the part about the hokie from Texas..I keep looking for either Rod Serling or Nurse Ratched.

GameTheory
07-15-2006, 03:12 PM
If someone is a bad guy, but neither a Democrat or a Republican, can you still call him a bad name? (What would be the point, right, if you can't extrapolate that to some group you don't like?) Are acts of corruption really about which political party you belong to? If a corporate executive who is a Democrat has ill-gotten gains, what then? All then all Democrats f'ing greedy bastards too?

Suff
07-15-2006, 03:19 PM
You know Suff, I didn't even get to the quotes you put in from the article. I couldn't make it through your rambling introduction. If you had anything of value to .

Then you have nothing to add to the thread.:lol:

The thread title and subject is the Wall Street Journal article.

If anyone has comment on that... it would be good. Because that's why I posted it.

Suff
07-15-2006, 03:56 PM
If someone is a bad guy, but neither a Democrat or a Republican, can you still call him a bad name? (What would be the point, right, if you can't extrapolate that to some group you don't like?) Are acts of corruption really about which political party you belong to? If a corporate executive who is a Democrat has ill-gotten gains, what then? All then all Democrats f'ing greedy bastards too?

This theme of mine is the only game the Red-necks understand.... Because as you see LSBET doesnt even think I'm a decent guy anymore. So obviously I've gotten under his skin deep......and that is where I'm aiming.

This is the game they play. I'm giving them a taste of their own medicine.

Of course greed is human condition, and someone being opportunistic does not evil make. I fully understand that. However bear with me just a sec.

Did you happen to see LSBets post in the "Its official Now thread"..

It was one or two quick paragraphs... paraphrasing... where is the Left to complain about the way the prisoners are being treated?

Now first of all... I want all Prisoners treated humanely. but more importantly, most Americans are not even aware that this recent flareup stems from a Hezbollah raid that resulted in two Israeli Soldiers being kidnapped.

So wtf he is getting at? We haven't seen abu garib or gitmo, or all the news stories and events that led to a national dialogue on detainee treatment.

But it lets him and his kind,,,,howl about duplicity....and more dastardly, imply a disloyalty or dislike for our own county.

The argument is baseless.

Very quickly, we have ElkaBong, who starts a thread this morning with

Are you American? I can't tell,

So I am forced to roll in the mud. I have tried reasonable discussions with them. They use the flag, and patriotism to wave off clear facts. Any question that rocks their perception of the events is disarmed with baseless nationalism.

Of course over time, no State like Massachusetts, except maybe California has been insulted more often on this board. No Politician has taken more personal insults except the one's of Irish heritage from Massachusetts.

For a long time... I was heckled and insulted for my geographic location and political views. And I was alone with Amazin!! Now with Bush at 32% people feel a little more bravado about speaking out.

But I was taking it on the chin from these guys for a long time....so If they can't take it...to bad. Redneck,, hillbilly, rat repug's... of course these words are juvenile meaningless junk talk. But that is the language these guys speak.

Your post to me...is probably a signal to knock it off. I think its clear though, that they like to dish it out, but can't take it.

Because even when they were calling me a Commie pinko, elitist liberal , homo loving anti-American Masshole.... Even when they attacked me personally for my drinking habits, or other vice's... I took it

They cannot say the same.

Secretariat
07-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Suff,

You can put as many quotes from a conservative paper like the WSJ or one of Murdoch's rags out there, and they'll criticize even these most conservative papers. There only source of news is FOX, NewsMax, Rush,Anne and Bush press releases. I wouldn't be surprised is they claim the WSJ is a liberal rag.

I wouldn't get worked up. According to polls about 2/3rds now understands, even if a few in this group refuse to acknowledge it.

ElKabong
07-15-2006, 04:10 PM
This theme of mine is the only game the Red-necks understand.... Because as you see LSBET doesnt even think I'm a decent guy anymore. So obviously I've gotten under his skin deep......and that is where I'm aiming.

This is the game they play. I'm giving them a taste of their own medicine.

.[/i]

You're aiming to get "under his skin deep"?.... You'd amount to a gnat on his ass, is what you are in reality. I'm being honest, suff.

As for the "game" that's played, it was held in early November of 2004. The guy from Mass. lost and you can't deal with it. Simple as that.

WSJ, - I buy one one on Sundays near where I eat weekend breakfasts. That's the only day that I normally have time to read it.

Suff
07-15-2006, 04:25 PM
You're aiming to get "under his skin deep"?.... You'd amount to a gnat on his ass, is what you are in reality. I'm being honest, suff.

I mean come on really. Does this pass as manhood to you?

Suff
07-15-2006, 04:26 PM
WSJ, - I buy one one on Sundays near where I eat weekend breakfasts. That's the only day that I normally have time to read it.

That's a recent thing I guess.. considering the weekend edition is only a few months old.

ljb
07-15-2006, 05:05 PM
Suff,
Please relax. It is now the American way get used to it.

Tom
07-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Sounds like this thread is more about Suff's insufferable bullshit than anything else. He can't even stay on his own topic.

Suff - focus, man, focus.

What about the question posed to you- when a democrat is corrupt - nice dodge to that one. Have you checked out the political party of all these people? Do you kow for a fact that there are no democrats, or are you just ignoring that little fact? Bisuness=money=republicans=bad?

And you say this article says several companies are being investigated? Well weee doggie! Guess who the justice department is run by? REPUBLICANS! GEORGE W BUSH.

Suff
07-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Sounds like this thread is more about Suff's insufferable bullshit than anything else. He can't even stay on his own topic.

The thread mentions Republicans three times... and only with respect to the Republicans on Paceadvanatge.

The thread was thrown off course by acknowledged Republicans.

The thesis of the thread is that these Republican's question the Patriotism of anyone who will not get down with the war. But you see Wall Street making Millions off war, and 9-11, yet Republicans can digest that. Captialism and War are like Pie and Ice Cream. They go comfortably together.

Tom
07-15-2006, 07:11 PM
The thread mentions Republicans three times... and only with respect to the Republicans on Paceadvanatge.

The thread was thrown off course by acknowledged Republicans.

The thesis of the thread is that these Republican's question the Patriotism of anyone who will not get down with the war. But you see Wall Street making Millions off war, and 9-11, yet Republicans can digest that. Captialism and War are like Pie and Ice Cream. They go comfortably together.

Whee do you get this stuff? Do you hear voices at night?:rolleyes:
I went out and bought a copy of WSJ and read the article. Please point me to the page and colums that talks about repblicans. I did not see it. I did not see where any of the executives were pointed to as being republicans. Perhaps the Boston edition is different than the rest of the nation's?

But bottom line - it is not illegal what they did. Nobody was affected by it.
You and I did not lose money from our savings accounts. We were not taxed.
Unlike wehn a union goes on strike for personal gains of it's limited membership and the public at large are not only inconvenienced, but taxpayers end up paying for the greedy actions of a limited few. But you libs seem fine with that bullshit, don't you?
And how many union boys made tons of OT on the Ground Zero clean up?
I guess that profiteering was fine, too.

DJofSD
07-15-2006, 07:23 PM
This is not new news. Even the local free-be has had articles about the lies and deceit quite a number of companies are guilty of. Just this AM, it was a minor columne filler that identified Broadcomm as just the latest that have gotten religion.

DJofSD
07-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Oh ya, and if I remember correctly, the companies that started these games of back dating the award date for options did it prior to 9/11.

lsbets
07-19-2006, 09:36 AM
Because as you see LSBET doesnt even think I'm a decent guy anymore. So obviously I've gotten under his skin deep......and that is where I'm aiming.

If convincing someone you're an ignorant buffoon means you've gotten under their skin, than fine, you can have your little victory there, although I hardly think anyone would be proud of the self portrait you've been painting. If you are, knock yourself out, enjoy it, everyone needs something to be proud of.

DJofSD
07-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Briefly
From the Associated Press
July 18, 2006

The Securities and Exchange Commission is poised to bring its first-ever civil case targeting "backdating" of stock options, an area where problems appear widespread, SEC Chairman Christopher Cox told reporters Monday. He said the SEC would bring the case "very soon."

Buckeye
07-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Let's control all business then, through Government.

That's been tried by the USSR.

They are no longer in business.

Stop trying to stifle the ideas of the most talented in our society because ultimately, that will not serve you well.

You are hereby warned and notified about this. What a joke.

Your ideas about taking the profits from the talented will only go so far.

The world is even NOW a jungle and guess what that means?

Won't let me play, ok, won't let me help you then.

DJofSD
07-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Buckeye, I'm not sure I follow your message. Yes, business can not expect to function when government is overly intrusive.

But, OTOH, is you were a share holder in any of the companies that have awarded stock options and they've rigged the date, wouldn't you like some "oversight" by the government?

Or are you a rapacious capitalist where anything goes? That's what happened in Russia.