PDA

View Full Version : Invasor vs Flower Alley

alydar44
07-15-2006, 12:17 AM
Finally we will get to see 2 top handicap horses meet this year. Both are pointing towards the whitney.

Flower alley will be tough at saratoga but I don't think he'll have his best race ready for the whitney.

Invasor is obviously in form right now.

ELA
07-15-2006, 01:18 AM
I saw Flower Alley live at Monmouth in his debut. This colt came a very long way last year from when he won the Lane's End, to the summer and throughout the remainder of the year. I wasn't really sure why the long wait until he raced again this year, but I understand they are really looking for a "second half" horse with the Breeders Cup being the target. Anyway, it was a good first race for him and really seems like a glimpse of what's to come.

I don't know if he's the type of horse who can be sharp and 100% ready with that kind of time between races. Thankfully, that's Todd Pletcher's job, LOL.

Invasor, like said, is sharp right now! I think the connections are concerned about distance and not fitness.

It is shaping up to be a great race.

Eric

classhandicapper
07-15-2006, 10:34 AM
Flower alley will be tough at saratoga but I don't think he'll have his best race ready for the whitney.

Invasor is obviously in form right now.

I think that's the key.

Flower Alley was a rapidly developing 3YO that ran quite well in the BC Classic when he left off last year. If he can recover that form and move forward some more now that's he's 4, he could be a terror this year. His first race back was encouraging, but I don't think it's a certainty that he'll be 100% for his next start. He should be sharper though. That should make it a great race.

xfile
07-15-2006, 11:44 AM
imo - Invasor - yet to hit his peak, FA - been there already