PDA

View Full Version : Sunset Racing Coming to Saratoga!

fouroneone
07-13-2006, 11:47 AM
according to the NY Post :jump:

Ron
07-13-2006, 11:58 AM
One day only, Labor Day weekend.

alydar44
07-13-2006, 12:06 PM
I wish they would start post time later on friday's for belmont. 4-5 would be much better than 3 pm. By the time people get off of work, they are already half way done with the card.

Ron
07-13-2006, 12:09 PM
You can't please everyone...if you are on the East Coast, Hollywood doesn't start until 10pm. You can work late and still catch all the races!

alydar44
07-13-2006, 01:30 PM
I meant as far as going to the track on friday's. California seems kinda far no?

fouroneone
07-13-2006, 05:21 PM
:bang: The funny thing is, NYRA makes it almost impossible to get to the track for after work "sunset" racing on friday, but i could get out of the office here in Manhattan at 5pm, hop a 5 hour 45min flight to LA and (with gaining 3 hours on the flight cause of time zones) still make it to Hollywood for post time on a friday :bang: :bang: :bang:

the little guy
07-13-2006, 05:36 PM
:bang: The funny thing is, NYRA makes it almost impossible to get to the track for after work "sunset" racing on friday, but i could get out of the office here in Manhattan at 5pm, hop a 5 hour 45min flight to LA and (with gaining 3 hours on the flight cause of time zones) still make it to Hollywood for post time on a friday :bang: :bang: :bang:

There are two trains out of Penn Station directly to Belmont. You can take the subway to Jamaica and a bus to Belmont. You can also take the LIRR to either Queen's Village or Floral Park and take a cab or walk a mile.

Hardly sounds impossible to me.

fouroneone
07-13-2006, 05:57 PM
What i'm saying is, most people in NYC get out at 5, now i know belmont doesnt have night lights....... but by the time we get out there at 6 there are only 2 or 3 races left

the little guy
07-13-2006, 05:59 PM
It's not perfect but I guess the feeling is that a lot of people leave early on Fridays in the summer. I think if they tried to race 5-9 the horsemen would be unhappy. It already stretches their day.

cj
07-13-2006, 06:00 PM

No, you couldn't. Post time is 7pm PDT. So you are leaving your office at 2pm PDT. No way you are getting there in time. The flight alone puts you 45 minutes after the first, not to mention the travel from the office to the airport, and the airport to the track. Also, there is no way in today's world you show up and jump on the plane, there is a wait there too. Maybe you catch the last, a 32k maiden claimer most nights.

I realize you were just being facetious, but I couldn't resist.

fouroneone
07-13-2006, 06:05 PM
true true :bang: :bang: :bang:

andicap
07-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Belmont at 3 p.m. is fine.

Many people in the NYC area have summer areas during the Belmont meet and get out of work early on Friday. It works well because they can go to an OTB, etc., and still get home for dinner/evening activities.
Starting at 4 or 5 p.m. would be fine for single people in NYC who don't go out until like 10 p.m. but for most it would be more inconvenient.

Most importantly, I do not think (but am not positive) that Belmont is allowed to go past a certain hour and complete with harness racing in the state.

Ron
07-13-2006, 11:28 PM
I don't think that Saratoga should go to Sunset Racing for more than one Friday. I'm a traditionalist. ;)