PDA

View Full Version : Software/Tote Integration

bigmack
07-12-2006, 07:00 PM
Curious how many use software that is integrated with the tote and if you do how advantageous you find it. If you don't would you expect that it would strongly enhance your decisions?

betovernetcapper
07-12-2006, 11:23 PM
I use ATR all the time. I'm constantly checking various pools for value. Sometimes you can get the same winning odds by betting a horse to place.
A lot of times it highlights value exactas & tris that I can use to hedge my win bets.
I put in acceptable odds and at three min to post, it (ATR) plays some music and a little sign flashes on the screen saying #4 has a ML of 2.5 and is now 6-1 or whatever.
I save the Capper morning line and from time to time check the odds line for proper Kelly bet. I use a static amount of $50 and the program suggests the proper Kelly in relation to the current tote pool. It provides me with a good frame of reference.
The software allows me to structure my bets in a way, that I never could with pen and paper.
It's really made a difference in my betting. :)

Blackgold
07-13-2006, 07:49 AM
Yes, I love the ATR Pro.

It helps me focus on finding the value.

And it has improved my bet structuring.

I'll use it from now own and look forward to using it's batch betting feature with Pinny.

Good luck!

gotrocks13
07-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Excuse my ignorance. What is ATR and where can I find this. The brief decriptions in this thread make it sound appealing. Thanks in advance

betovernetcapper
07-13-2006, 03:20 PM
I know I sound like a shill for this program-but I have NO connection to it other than as a user. Here's the link

http://www.homebased2.com/atr/at_the_races.htm

BTW I didn't mention the dutching feature-use it all the time. :)

bigmack
07-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Excuse my ig as well. Does HSH bring in the tote?

Also, what would you ATR guys say that a reasonable learning curve is on the Pgram?

betovernetcapper
07-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Don't know about HSH but HTR-Capper-Track Judge can all import their odds line to ATR.
Learning curve is about 1/2 an hour. :)

Dave Schwartz
07-13-2006, 04:50 PM
HSH has several ways to utilize the tote.

1. Direct interface with ATR

2. Copy & Paste SuperTote, DRF and a few others with the same format.

3. High-end players can arrange for a very live feed. Call me for details.

Dave Schwartz

WJ47
07-13-2006, 04:58 PM
With ATR, you are supposed to be able to see the high/low place & show prices per horse, but it was blank for me. Does anyone know if you have to use a certain tote to get access for that? I had the trial and I did find it to be a good program, except that I couldn't figure out how to see the place probables. I really want to buy it if I can figure out the problem.

ryesteve
07-13-2006, 07:04 PM
With ATR, you are supposed to be able to see the high/low place & show prices per horse, but it was blank for me. Does anyone know if you have to use a certain tote to get access for that? I had the trial and I did find it to be a good program, except that I couldn't figure out how to see the place probables. I really want to buy it if I can figure out the problem.
Are you trying to use TSN? They often don't give you the pool totals

betovernetcapper
07-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Open an account with Pha Park-then you can use their tote-It's miles ahead of the other options. :)

JustRalph
07-13-2006, 09:40 PM
High-end players can arrange for a very live feed. Call me for details. Dave Schwartz

how much does this "very live feed" cost dave? Ballpark it for us?

Dave Schwartz
07-13-2006, 10:46 PM
The feed is not for sale. It is a free service for our larger players.

I cannot post numbers here but I will share them privately.

Dave

bigmack
07-14-2006, 12:25 AM
It is a free service for our larger players.
I cannot post numbers here but I will share them privately.
I've been happy with my source of data for as long as I've been getting it from them, and it's been a long time.

Lookin' over the fence at another operation can sometimes be an OK thing.
I gave DSchwartz a call and am impressed with his inquisitiveness for furthering his program and his programs level of probabilities for players that play large.

From a cursory glance/chat, Dave is one of the good guys who has quietly blazed a trail towards a more calculated style of play that should appeal to players who see where the game is going and are willing to stay abreast of tools that will more than likely churn handsome profits for some time.