PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar Thursday (8/29)

rrbauer
08-29-2002, 04:39 PM
Del Mar Thursday Aug 29, 2002

Dirt played fair yesterday. Outside posts got over OK in sprints.
Turf Rails out 7 feet. Helps speed mostly in big fields.

R1
Shalini lays over this bunch. Barely Daylight (1A) is slowly learning this game and should improve for Dominguez.

R2
Poly Ole is proven agains winners and Biker’s Sis put it all together last time out.

R3
Stokin Coal has lick, gets a good post and draws P Val. Missileer is working very well for his comeback here and Royal Footage is back doing what his trainer does best: Dirt sprints.

R4
I don’t spend a lot of time with these $10k bottom-level claimers. Looks like something close up has the advantage. That leaves me with Matlock, Dr. Pingo and Rico Fighter. Sounds like three T.V. shows!

R5
Another field full of pretenders. Runningwithscissors woke up last trip and must like it here. Semper Tap could improve off the claim and a month off for O’Neill….who’s that rider?

R6
There’s a lot of reputation-types in here and Atlantic Ocean will get another chance to burn some bankrolls. Frankly, I like horses that act like they want to do some racing. That would be King Of The Cats.

R7
The only one that I can eliminate is Shy Patada. Tough race!

R8
Stole My Heart might get an easy lead here. Cosmic High could improve again for Lafitt and has a sharp blowout for this. Bronx was striding out very nicely at the end in his last one. Planet Ruler drops but I’m waiting on him to show up as a gelding. He was very studdish in the walking ring last time!

Go Baby Go!

rrbauer
08-29-2002, 08:46 PM
Del Mar Thursday Aug 29, 2002

Damage

R1
Shalini lays over this bunch. Barely Daylight (1A) is slowly learning this game and should improve for Dominguez. Result I thought that maybe Calista’s Star might get the lead here so I used her in a P3 with the other two. As it turned out Freedom Meeting got the lead with ‘Star getting a perfect inside trip. Barely Daylight came wide off the turn with Shalini even wider. Sunset Serenade had first run inside. ‘Star had to wait for room off the turn and finally got a seam while getting bumped by ‘Serenade. ‘Daylight and ‘Star in a dead-heat for the win. ‘Serenade a close 3rd and Shalini in 4th. P3 alive (twice with DH) thru the horses mention in the next two.

R2
Poly Ole is proven agains winners and Biker’s Sis put it all together last time out. Result Song Of Bernadette got away to an easy lead. ‘Sis got caught out in the 4-path on the first turn and basically ran the whole race out there. ‘Ole was mid-pack early and made her way up to challenge on the turn with ‘Sis following. ‘Ole got the lead mid-stretch with Song 2nd. ‘Sis was lugging out late and Lafitt didn’t ride her hard which cost 3rd to Fancy Beginning. P3’s alive.

R3
Stokin Coal has lick, gets a good post and draws P Val. Missileer is working very well for his comeback here and Royal Footage is back doing what his trainer does best: Dirt sprints. Result Apollicee and Sarah’s Beau went early with ‘Coal in the catbird seat. Apollicee dropped out on the turn and ‘Coal rolled by ‘Beau off the turn. Jagged Ice was tracking in the 3-4 paths and close well late. Royal Footage was very wide off the turn and closed well for 3rd. P3 came back $64 in total. Eh!

R4
I don’t spend a lot of time with these $10k bottom-level claimers. Looks like something close up has the advantage. That leaves me with Matlock, Dr. Pingo and Rico Fighter. Sounds like three T.V. shows! Result Holy Mackerel! I didn’t watch this one and only caught the stretch run on the replay. No blood! I wouldn’t bet HM with your money let alone mine!

R5
Another field full of pretenders. Runningwithscissors woke up last trip and must like it here. Semper Tap could improve off the claim and a month off for O’Neill….who’s that rider? Result Semper Tap got away slow thanks to the assistant starter in his stall. Didn’t matter. Lafitt got Order Del Dia away to a nice lead and nursed him on the lead to the 1/16th pole where At A Boy Luther (a grinder) got to him for the win. The fav (9/5) got 3rd. ‘Scissors raced near the pack on the backside, made a rally into the turn but couldn’t advance on the leaders late. Don’t know where ‘Tap finished. No blood. Didn’t like the race.

R6
There’s a lot of reputation-types in here and Atlantic Ocean will get another chance to burn some bankrolls. Frankly, I like horses that act like they want to do some racing. That would be King Of The Cats. Result Romanticism scratched. Too bad because I definitely wanted to bet against that one. She moves slower in the morning than I do! ‘Cats was bumped and checked at the start. Strawberry Banks got the lead with ‘Ocean in pursuit. ‘Cats was a couple lengths back in the 3-path (entire race). ‘Ocean tackled the leader after passing the ½ mile pole and was clear on the turn. ‘Cats got into 2nd but couldn’t hold it late when perfect-tripper Small Town Girl came along. ‘Ocean won by about 2 lengths. Final time was 1:39 and change! Get your heart racing? They paid $1.9 mil for that one! I started a $3 P3 with ‘Ocean and my win bet on ‘Cats is toast.

R7
The only one that I can eliminate is Shy Patada. Tough race! Result So Shy Patada makes the lead and takes them into the stretch, where American Czarina blew by and won by about 4. Cee’s Elegance tracked and saved 2nd. ‘Patada was 3rd. Mandella’s import La Tizona looked good and on the muscle in the post parade, but was rank early and then lost interest when the real running started. She looks like one that likes “free reins”.
P3 is alive to 1, 5 and 12 in the 8th.

R8
Stole My Heart might get an easy lead here. Cosmic High could improve again for Lafitt and has a sharp blowout for this. Bronx was striding out very nicely at the end in his last one. Planet Ruler drops but I’m waiting on him to show up as a gelding. He was very studdish in the walking ring last time! Result Stole My Heart and Ultra Code battled early. Cosmic High tried to get involved but was wide and couldn’t reach the leaders. Bronx save ground up the backside. Came out on the turn and was in the 4-path into the stretch. ‘Heart held on with Bronx 2nd and ‘Code 3rd. $28 P3 three times. Not much of a day (but thanks to Arlington earlier, it was a good day!).

1st Post tomorrow is 3:30 PDT. See you then.

Go Baby Go!