PDA

View Full Version : Point Given!

Tuffmug
06-10-2001, 03:22 AM
WOW! That was impressive!

This has been a great Triple Crown Series. It is one I will always remember as a perfect example of the importance of early pace in a race.
Point Given WAS the BEST horse in the Derby but he did not win because he was incorrectly paced. (PA you can puke now!)
This happens every day in races. It happened today when Say Florida Sandy won the True North. The brutal early pace sucked the life out of the front runners and set him up perfectly.

Remember this Triple Crown!

Tom
06-10-2001, 11:42 AM
SFS-very impressive stretch run. There is a horse with heart. I might not be able to define class, but I sure saw it in action yesterday.
PG-what can you say? Great race.
Tom

ceejay
06-10-2001, 12:43 PM
Point definitely taken. PG ran a huge race. In hindsight I view the Derby as a prep race for the Preakness. I blame the lack of high-class competition before the Derby as much as anything for the fact that we aren't talking about a Triple Crown right now. I know that the Derby pace was suicidal.... Nevertheless, PG came from out of the clouds before (BC Juvy; Kty Cup Juvy) to finish very well.

I read that the Epson Derby winner (Galileo), who is undefeated in four starts is being pointed to the BC Classic. I'm already getting excited about that race and hoping that both he and PG stay on-track!