PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth Park

ELA
07-12-2006, 06:35 AM
Anyone playing or attending on a regular basis? How do you think the track is playing compared to past years -- as speed favored, not as speed favored, etc.?

What about track conditions? The track seems to be "hard" -- yes, no? I know there have been complaints about rocks and such.

Thanks.

Eric

Murph
07-12-2006, 08:01 AM
Hello ELA,

http://thorostats.com has the results of our selections posted for MTH meetings dating back to 2003 (no $ charges). I'd like to invite you to use the past program performance tool on our site to compare winning factors from meet to meet.

If you decide to check us out you can e-mail me with quetions or comments at anytime. Please have a look and let me know if that could be helpful to you.

Murph

peakpros
07-15-2006, 09:19 PM
Anyone playing or attending on a regular basis? How do you think the track is playing compared to past years -- as speed favored, not as speed favored, etc.?

What about track conditions? The track seems to be "hard" -- yes, no? I know there have been complaints about rocks and such.

Thanks.

Eric

I go nearly everyday...having a solid meet so far.

For the most part I think the track has been playing fairly....a couple of strong speed bias days.

The turf has been biased towards early speed.....today one of the mile races went in 1:32 and change.

The usual trainers are doing well (Breen, Walder, Levine, Dutrow) but some others I have hit well include Alexander, Tony Wilson, Tarrant and Volk.

Bravo is Bravo...Lezcano is sharp as is CC Lopez. I am not overly impressed with Eddie Castro. He needs more experience.

Madrid is best of the bugs.

For the most part the main track rail has been terrible. Yesterday was one of the few days it was good to be on the inside.

I have only heard problems about the rocks when the track is wet.

HTH

Stevie Belmont
07-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Ashkal Way broke the track record on the turf at a mile...2 races earlier Just Thunder had set the previous track record at a mile....

I've seen many races this year at Monmouth...Not many horses have been able to come from way out of it on the dirt. You have to be close or on the lead, or you will have problems...The inside has been bad though.