PDA

View Full Version : Penn National - Races 7 - 9

MaleetziaPolice
07-11-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm not putting any money on these horses, but these are the horses I would pick if I was

Race 7 - #3 Bold Squall
This horse has shown some good closing speed. Bold Squall doesn't have early speed, but rather waits for the opportunity to close in when the early leaders start to weaken. Also, through some unofficial research, the 3rd post position does not get very many wins. Therefore, I pick this horse based on merits, but pass based on post position.

Race 8 - #2 Alyazuli
The favorite at 4.5f, this horse is the only horse that shows any consistent sprinting speed without considerably tiring. I'm not very confident with this pick, but based on the rest of the field, this horse has a slight advantage, in my opinion, of course. Again, through my unofficial research, the 2nd post position does not get very many wins.

Race 9 - #7 Wine At Me
This is a tough field and I had trouble picking a horse, but ultimately, I came up with the #7 horse. The outside posts have more wins through my research and this horse seems to have the best stalking-to-closing speed.

Of course, this is all my opinion. Take my picks for what they are worth.

MaleetziaPolice
07-11-2006, 09:53 PM
I failed to take note that the #7 Wine At Me was scratched.

Therefore, I change my pick to #1 - U Madea Fortune

MaleetziaPolice
07-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Bold Squall ended up running 4th. This horse fell back early to 9th, but stayed within closing distance. Around the final turn, Bold Squall turned it on and went from 7th to 4th on the stretch.

According to the Results Chart, "BOLD SQUALL was slow to settle, raced two wide around the turn then found best stride too late."

MaleetziaPolice
07-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Race 8 was a quick sprint of only 4 1/2f. The favorite Alyazuli came out quickly establishing the lead and the pace. No other horse could contend and Alyazuli went wire-to-wire for the win by about 3-4 lengths.

Alyazuli paid $3.00 for the win.

MaleetziaPolice
07-11-2006, 10:36 PM
This was a tough race to pick a horse, but all-in-all, it was a good one to skip.

Horse #2, U Madea Fortune stayed on the early pace, but slipped back. It was almost as if this horse didn't expect to be running that fast so early. However, as expected, late in the race around the stretch, U Madea Fortune made a late push for the lead and came up short taking 3rd place.