PDA

View Full Version : the headbut

freeneasy
07-11-2006, 02:46 PM
in the final game between italy and france, zinedine zidane of france speared marco materazzi of italy with a headbut straight flush to the upper middle of materazzi's chest, bang, and boom just like that materazzi's feet flew out from underneath him and i mean 'front and center' while landing flat on his back all at the same time and all in one single collective motion, bang, boom, down, and i aint talk'n john madden here either. i mean it looked like the guy just got jacked with a weacking ball
well the times it is reported, got a lip reader to look into what it was materazzi said to piss zindane off to the point where he'd take such a shot with two minutes left in the second overtime and according to what the lip readers where able to decipher it turns out that mr materazzi called mr zindane the "son of a terrorist whore" gentleman please, a little sportsmanship here if you dont mind.
well outside of the realization relating to all the nagative implications attached to these type of actions that do take place in the world of sporting events i got to say that hey, for my money, that was one duzy of a headbutt and it sure as hell put the crowd up on their toes.
wrong doing? you bet. entertainment? you bet. your call? you bet

Valuist
07-11-2006, 05:05 PM
It doesn't matter what was said. You don't lose control; he should've ignored it and instead he chose to retaliate and will be remembered for the way he went out. Now soccer can crawl back into its hole for another 4 years.

Snag
07-11-2006, 05:43 PM
I heard that Materazzi just asked Zidane if he was ready to surrender yet!!:D

kenwoodallpromos
07-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Baseball should adopt the soccer rules and umpire hold up colored cards instead of getting into shouting matches with the players and managers!
I was waiting for the riots!

freeneasy
07-11-2006, 08:01 PM
It doesn't matter what was said. You don't lose control; he should've ignored it and instead he chose to retaliate and will be remembered for the way he went out. Now soccer can crawl back into its hole for another 4 years.

if your a sports bettor then you might want to start paying attention to some of these soccer/soccor (i dont even know how to spell it) events because vegas is planning to make it a big part of their future, both here and overseas.
theres a lot of money to be made and lost on this game and actually its a great game but you just kinda gotta get used to it a little, and if you got money riding on the outcome i guarantee you just might start finding yourself becoming addicted to it. :D great game

freeneasy
07-11-2006, 08:18 PM
I heard that Materazzi just asked Zidane if he was ready to surrender yet!!:D

i understand that they had been mouthing off back and forth and going at it the whole game so it could be who knows he was harping on the french surrender in ww2 and turning tail in irac and that the french are only interested in making lamore and have no fight but i dont know he turned and whacked him like he may have said something immeadiately insulting about his mom's

freeneasy
07-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Baseball should adopt the soccer rules and umpire hold up colored cards instead of getting into shouting matches with the players and managers!
I was waiting for the riots!

and really i think you might have something there
i can see paul rungy running up to tommy lasorda or billy martin or earl weaver or sparky anderson, holding up a yellow card indicating he's coming dangerously close to being tossed and then when they've crossed the line, you throw down the yellow card and whip out the red card, hold it over tommy's head while pointing the way to the showers or maybe the line umpire can hold out a little blue/white striped flag on a stick waving it one way or the other indicating weather its a fair or a foul ball. yeah, i like it :lol:

Snag
07-11-2006, 08:42 PM
After thinking about the head butt, I feel he had done this before. He ran to get in front of Materazzi and then turned to face him. I think he had done this before. Does anyone know if he had done this before? He had been red carded a number of times before this.

Overlay
07-12-2006, 08:02 PM
I agree that Zidane's behavior was inexcusable. But, as soon as it happened, and it was commented that the head butt had been immediately preceded by a remark from Materazzi, I turned to my son and told him, "I bet whatever Materazzi said had the word 'madre' in it." And then today I read that Zidane said that the remark had been an insult to both his mother and his sister.

freeneasy
07-12-2006, 09:03 PM
that the refs, no matter how many times they showed the replay could not red card zindane because a referee has to see the infraction itself as it happens and none of the refs saw the headbutt. i mean there it was as plain as day on the replay but unless the butt was seen 'on field' by an official then there was nothing[IMG] anybody could do about it.
after about 2 minutes of running around and discussion with the other refs they went to the side judge and when asked if he saw the headbutt said that he did and because the sidejudge is a part of the officiating team, then it was that piece of firsthand obsevation that gave the field refs, weather they saw the incident or not, the right to red card zidane. hey its all in the family.
but now my question is this, and remember that during the first few minutes before the head official finally approached the side judge to asked weather he had seen the incident firsthand or not, they had shown the replay of zindanes headbutt at least 2 or 3 times if not even up to 4 times, so getting back to the question.
did that side judge really see the headbutt as it happend or did he see it on replay and said to himself something like 'well i didnt have to see it firsthand to see what i saw on the instant replay so if they ask me if i saw zindane headbutt matazzazi i'am just going to say', "yeah boss you bet i seen it"
hey theres no lying in soccor/ soccer

Overlay
07-13-2006, 02:05 AM
Who really knows, but there was a quote from the side judge in the paper today where he was emphatic that he saw it as it happened, and was not basing his opinion on a replay.