PDA

View Full Version : Online wagering

Jake
07-11-2006, 01:00 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=2176561

This discusses some horse racing issues as well.

kenwoodallpromos
07-11-2006, 01:14 AM
But I lost interest when I found that the article on USA gambling law was accompanied by 2 charts of online gambling projections WORLDWIDE, noy nationwide!

Boats
07-11-2006, 01:49 AM
I guess the republicans are adding another G to their agenda. Gays, Guns, God and now GAMBLING.

I've had an account with a sports book in Australia for about 5 years. Wells Fargo hasn't allowed me to send them money by a credit card for a couple of years. But they have no problem in accepting money transfers from them.

Is the department of homeland security monitoring this forum? I do all my horse betting at the track or race books.

Blackgold
07-12-2006, 07:58 AM
One of the biggest accompolishments of the Internet is it allows one to get around just about anything bone headed.

Even in highly censored China, one with sufficient knowledge can do anything they want with the Internet.

No matter what the legislators say, if I like the Steelers +7, I will get it in. If I can't use the 'Net, I use the phone and if I can't use the phone, I'll use the cell phone and if I can't transfer by credit card, I'll use Neteller and if I can't do any of that, I'll go to the bar a speak to Vinny.

If Washington, D.C. is so worried about kids today, then why don't they put more money into education. Look at China. They turn out 375,000 engineers, architects, doctors, etc. every year as they continue to pour resources into education. Yet our Washington, D.C. is trying to legislate the teaching of creationism.

And if you've been on the receiving end of the Federal gov.'s lunancy, as many of us in the hurricane Katrina ravaged Gulf Coast, it makes you angry that the Feds are spending their time on something like Internet gambling when they wasted $6 million dollars trucking ice around the Gulf Coast after the hurricane, never delivered it, and trucked it back to a warehouse in Nebraska. And this is just one wasteful, bureaucratic, stupid thing. One could devote an entire website to stupid things they did and keep doing. Things you won't hear on Anderson Cooper.

Lets grow the lottries and take the money from the poor and dumb and promise to put that money into paying the teachers, yet the teachers never end up with it while almost all of the states' teacher pension plans are underfunded.

F- - k you Federal gov. Advantage play gambling, or investing as I like to call it, may well be my fall back position after you screw up, beyond repair, Social Security, health care and the value of the dollar.

You can bet on that!