PDA

View Full Version : New Handicapping Service!

Maxspa
07-09-2006, 02:37 PM
All,
While perusing HorsePlayer magazine, I read a new Handicapping Ad. The website is www.trackdaily.com. You choose the factors and they do the calculating. They will also construct a monthly report on how your picks are progressing all for a monthly fee.
Some drawbacks- suppose you tried an approach and it worked!!! They would have access to your method. Secondly, just quickly looking through their list of factors, they are a few but imho many more would be necessary!
Perhaps they will add some others as more cappers use this service.
Again this is for informational purposes only! I do not belong to this group nor am I suggesting anyone join!
Maxspa

michiken
07-09-2006, 06:23 PM
One great handicapper said to me once 'My horse was so good it took all 9 horses to beat him' ...

The point being that he made his own picks and did not rely on touts or services.

Even when you are wrong, I think it is important to make your own picks.

betovernetcapper
07-09-2006, 08:58 PM
I think Maxpa does his own handicapping, as a matter of fact I beleive he even has a peice of software. :)

Maxspa
07-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Guys,
The reason for this posting was simply to acquaint handicappers with what new programs are available. This one was unique in that it takes your prime handicapping factors, crunches the numbers and gives you the betting possibilities. There was no other purpose on my part other than to inform the PA members regarding this new approach.
Will it work, I have no idea!
Maxspa

Tom
07-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Thanks, Max - I'll give it a looksee.

kingfin66
07-10-2006, 02:03 AM
Everybody who knows Max knows that he is not a shill. He is just a horse player who is always looking to learn more. It's likely getting more and more difficult because he certainly knows a lot! Carry on Max.

Niko
07-10-2006, 04:59 PM
I haven't been to the site but I've seen the ad in Horseplayer a couple times also and have been curious.

Maxspa; you bring up the biggest point of why I wouldn't use the software if it's the way they have it set up:

"Some drawbacks- suppose you tried an approach and it worked!!! They would have access to your method."

It's hard enough finding a winning system. Why would anyone ruin their edge by sharing it with a system provider? Good concept--but initial impressions seem there's other software that's been talked about here through HDW (handicappers data warehouse) that can do much more, but may require a little more work

michiken
07-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Max,

I meant my post to be directed at the general populus meaning that one should learn to do handicapping on there own before relying on a service.

Yes I know that takes time and commitment to become a strong handicapper. I now realize that this service may fill that niche type of market for those limited by time and desire.

My post in NO way was directed at you. Please accept my apology if you or any other board members intrepreted that way....

Maxspa
07-10-2006, 10:16 PM
Michiken,
I read your post and was not in any way offended!
This board has always been open for a difference of opinion! One of the reasons it has been so successful is because there are plenty of ways to handicap horses. Historically the ideas presented on this board have been a cross section of handicapping across the country with many professional contributors like CJ, Selvidge, Schwartz, Schmidt, Meadows, Wolson, Pine, Platt etc. as well as the many non-professional players that are the main contributors on the board: Andicap, John, Joe Prunes, Suff, Winmanwin,
Figman, Zefonic and yourself that make this board a special place to visit.
When the discussions get out of hand or heated beyond reason PA steps in and gives positive direction and guidance to maintain the professional standards that a class act has to have!
All in all, the best learning takes place when you sift through and question the ideas that are presented, take for yourself what will help your situation. Surely there will be plenty of ideas left for different handicapper types and levels. The rest can and will go through one ear and out the other!
Knowing the value that one can get from the information on this board,
you have to be willing within reason to accept some of the criticism, let some of it pass on by, because in the long run, many more positive learning opportunities will come from the people on this board than any where else on the internet.
Maxspa