PDA

View Full Version : Eric Gagne

Bubbles
07-07-2006, 06:56 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AvkzPV63W60JpSpPTBwx.pgRvLYF?slug=ap-dodgers-gagne&prov=ap&type=lgns

Can one help but wonder about steroid abuse possibilities, especially after the Grimsley situation? The guy comes out of nowhere after being turned from a long reliever/spot starter into a closer, racks up 80-some saves in a row, and then is too torn up to pitch consistently for years after?

Zaf
07-08-2006, 01:08 AM
And he is the pride of Mascouche Quebec, a hot bed for MLB talent :lol: :lol: :lol:

Z

Valuist
07-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Bubbles-

You might be right. It isn't only hitters. There's a few pitchers who shall go nameless who I've harbored suspicions about.

JustRalph
07-10-2006, 11:38 AM
I wonder about some pitchers too. Lately, I am amazed at the the throwing action of Dontrelle (sp) Willis. One of these days he is going to throw a pitch and his arm is going to go with it.........

Bubbles
07-10-2006, 12:31 PM
I wonder about some pitchers too. Lately, I am amazed at the the throwing action of Dontrelle (sp) Willis. One of these days he is going to throw a pitch and his arm is going to go with it.........
The difference here is that he's always had that. Granted, he's massive, and a darned-good hitter for a hurler, so there'll be questions about steroid abuse, but I'm leaning the other way. Gagne came out of nowhere and went back there in a hurry.

Valuist
07-10-2006, 12:55 PM
I haven't really suspected Willis. There's others that are more obvious.