PDA

View Full Version : Help please. Need past performance for today - July 4, 2006

highnote
07-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Can someone tell me where to get a text version of past performances (or can you provide it here for just one race)?

A friend on mine has a horse in the 8th race at Hollywood today. He is in Iceland and can't get PDFs to open on the computer he is using. I told him I would try to find a text version.

Any suggestions?

Sailwolf
07-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Can someone tell me where to get a text version of past performances (or can you provide it here for just one race)?

A friend on mine has a horse in the 8th race at Hollywood today. He is in Iceland and can't get PDFs to open on the computer he is using. I told him I would try to find a text version.

Any suggestions?

I sent you a e-mail request. I think I have a file for today.

highnote
07-04-2006, 01:19 PM
Thanks, Sailwolf.

I'm also trying to capture the PDF image with graphics software so I can send a GIF or JPEG, but not having much luck. Text would be better.

Sailwolf
07-04-2006, 09:06 PM

Any suggestions?

How does your friend feel now?

highnote
07-04-2006, 09:54 PM
How does your friend feel now?

Hard to say. I'm sure he's fast asleep. :D Iceland must be a few hours ahead of eastern standard time.

I sent him an email about what happened.

Youandiatdelmar broke as well as I've ever seen a horse break and shot right to the front. Garcia let Swiss Swiffer take a neck lead by the first quarter and they sat that way until about mid-turn. The pace was 44.4 to the half -- way too fast for either of the front runners and they were engulfed by presser/closers by the time they hit the stretch.

This race ran about the way I thought it would. Youandiatdelmar should not have tried to run with Swiss Swiffer. That was the kiss of death. I'm sure it's hard to rate these two year olds though. They're still learning.

The good thing is that Youandiatdelmar got a lot of conditioning from this race. He's likely as fit as he'll get this year. If they stretch him out to a mile or a mile and a sixteenth he'll be tough. If he can get a softer pace he'll be very tough to beat. But not many horses can withstand suicidal fractions.

He's got a bit of turf pedigree, too. So I hope they try him on grass. Again, with his natural turn of foot he'd be tough to catch in the stretch after a slow run pace.

Thanks again for the info.

kenwoodallpromos
10-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Hard to say. I'm sure he's fast asleep. :D Iceland must be a few hours ahead of eastern standard time.

I sent him an email about what happened.

Youandiatdelmar broke as well as I've ever seen a horse break and shot right to the front. Garcia let Swiss Swiffer take a neck lead by the first quarter and they sat that way until about mid-turn. The pace was 44.4 to the half -- way too fast for either of the front runners and they were engulfed by presser/closers by the time they hit the stretch.

This race ran about the way I thought it would. Youandiatdelmar should not have tried to run with Swiss Swiffer. That was the kiss of death. I'm sure it's hard to rate these two year olds though. They're still learning.

The good thing is that Youandiatdelmar got a lot of conditioning from this race. He's likely as fit as he'll get this year. If they stretch him out to a mile or a mile and a sixteenth he'll be tough. If he can get a softer pace he'll be very tough to beat. But not many horses can withstand suicidal fractions.

He's got a bit of turf pedigree, too. So I hope they try him on grass. Again, with his natural turn of foot he'd be tough to catch in the stretch after a slow run pace.

Thanks again for the info.

__
A real "juicer" trainer- you decide!

The sire has a great 2 and 3 year old record- too bad they subject this horse to this treatment to rush its career.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"SACRAMENTO, CA – The California Horse Racing Board has filed an accusation against trainer Gregory Vartanian for violation of Rules 1843(a,b,c,d), 1843.1(a,b), 1887(a,b), and 1859.5 after a horse in his care, Youandiatdelmar, which finished second in the first race at Santa Anita Park on March 30, 2006, tested positive for the Class 1 prohibited substance methamphetamine in the post-race urine sample.
The Maddy Laboratory at UC Davis, the CHRB’s official laboratory, reported the findings, while Pennsylvania Equine Toxicology and Research Laboratory, the split sample laboratory selected by the licensee, confirmed the Maddy Laboratory results. A hearing has not been scheduled."

The horse in question ran on Meth at 2 years, 1 month old in a MCl, then won in April, ran in a stakes in July. IMHO this small-time trainer may run every horse on speed in every race. I hope this horse's other drug tests are rushed.

Owner: Ritchie Goswell & Greg Vartanian
Breeder: Donald E. Slagel & Brereton C. Jones
State Bred: KY
Winnings: 4 Starts: 1 - 2 - 0, $35,700

At 2:
2nd Malcolm Anderson S.

Foaled February 16, 2004
Update: 7/23/06

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by kenwoodallpromos : Today at 09:24 PM.

highnote
10-27-2006, 07:05 PM
__
A real "juicer" trainer- you decide!

The sire has a great 2 and 3 year old record- too bad they subject this horse to this treatment to rush its career.

Thanks for the info...

This is a major disappointment. Luckily, I don't have any horses with him. (I don't have any horses period.)

What is the punishment and/or fines for giving meth? Sounds pretty serious. Of course, we haven't heard the trainer's side of the story. But right now it doesn't look good.

If it's true, all I can do is shake my head and wonder why people try to get away this stuff. It's one thing to risk damage to your own reputation, but when you start hurting other's then that is stepping way over the line.