PDA

View Full Version : God Bless Our Military

Lefty
07-04-2006, 11:46 AM
We should do it every day; but on this 4th of July, Idependence Day,especially, God Bless Our Military, past, present and future.

Tom
07-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Amen to that.

Light
07-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Lefty

Do you know what other military God may bless? Does God even bless militaries?Does God even condone militaries? If his son said turn the other cheek,there's a good chance he doesn't.You should ask yourself these questions before asking God to bless a military. I.E. a killing machine. Something that destroys God's creation.

Tom
07-04-2006, 01:09 PM
What a classless POS you are.
Go bow and face mecca, so somebody can kick your sorry ass.
Hasn't your visa expired yet?

JustRalph
07-04-2006, 03:25 PM
What a classless POS you are.
Go bow and face mecca, so somebody can kick your sorry ass.
Hasn't your visa expired yet?

I love that meatloaf song......."You took the words right out of my mouth" :lol: :lol:

ljb
07-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Good point Light, and I especially like how your riled up the war mongering heathens here. :lol:

lsbets
07-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Tom and JR - Light has shown his true colors on here many times before, enought that you shouldn't be surprised by anything he says when he is trolling for a reaction. Lefty started this thread as a nice gesture towards those who risk their lives to protect the freedoms that Light takes for granted, and unfortunately you guys took the bait and this thread will now become another insult fest. I honestly wish you had let it pass, just so we could see if anyone from the left here who always claims they support the troops would be the ones to tell Light to shut up and echo Lefty's sentiments about our military. Ljb had his chance, and he failed, but that should surprise no one. Is wishing those in our military well too much to ask of a liberal?

Tom
07-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Tom and JR - Light has shown his true colors on here many times before, enought that you shouldn't be surprised by anything he says when he is trolling for a reaction. Lefty started this thread as a nice gesture towards those who risk their lives to protect the freedoms that Light takes for granted, and unfortunately you guys took the bait and this thread will now become another insult fest. I honestly wish you had let it pass, just so we could see if anyone from the left here who always claims they support the troops would be the ones to tell Light to shut up and echo Lefty's sentiments about our military. Ljb had his chance, and he failed, but that should surprise no one. Is wishing those in our military well too much to ask of a liberal?

You are right - just simpletons lookiing for cheap thrills.
But don"t hold your breath waiting for a lib to step up.

bigmack
07-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Operation Helmet is a nonpartisan, charitable grassroots effort that provides helmet upgrade kits free of charge to U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. These helmet upgrade kits consist of shock-absorbing pads and a new strap system. Operation Helmet depends on tax-deductible donations. For $75-$100, depending on the manufacturer, added safety and comfort can be provided for a trooper. But donations of any amount are welcome. The donation can be designated for a specific branch of the military, a particular unit or an individual trooper. 100% of donations go toward helmet kits. There are no administrative costs deducted and the Operation’s books are available for inspection by anyone who wants to see them. To date, Operation Helmet has sent upgrade kits to over 7,000 troops. For more information, see www.Operation-Helmet.org.

For further information on Operation Helmet, please contact:

Dr. Bob Meaders, President, Operation Helmet,
ophelm@operation-helmet.org (ophelm@operation-helmet.org)
www.OperationHelmet.org (http://www.operationhelmet.org/)
(936) 449-9706

Sailwolf
07-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Operation Helmet is a nonpartisan, charitable grassroots effort that provides helmet upgrade kits free of charge to U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. These helmet upgrade kits consist of shock-absorbing pads and a new strap system. Operation Helmet depends on tax-deductible donations. For $75-$100, depending on the manufacturer, added safety and comfort can be provided for a trooper. But donations of any amount are welcome. The donation can be designated for a specific branch of the military, a particular unit or an individual trooper. 100% of donations go toward helmet kits. There are no administrative costs deducted and the Operation’s books are available for inspection by anyone who wants to see them. To date, Operation Helmet has sent upgrade kits to over 7,000 troops. For more information, see www.Operation-Helmet.org (http://www.operation-helmet.org/).

For further information on Operation Helmet, please contact:

Dr. Bob Meaders, President, Operation Helmet,
ophelm@operation-helmet.org
www.OperationHelmet.org (http://www.operationhelmet.org/)
(936) 449-9706

There is something sad, these were not sent to the troops in the first place.

Light
07-04-2006, 04:13 PM
If God said to Moses"Thou shalt not kill",then why would God want to bless a military that does the opposite of what he says. And I'm a POS for reiterating what God and his son had to say? Then you are also defaming God and his son.It's their words not mine.

betchatoo
07-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Lefty

Do you know what other military God may bless? Does God even bless militaries?Does God even condone militaries? If his son said turn the other cheek,there's a good chance he doesn't.You should ask yourself these questions before asking God to bless a military. I.E. a killing machine. Something that destroys God's creation.

What Lefty asked for (and I realize with the actual grammer used you could, if you wanted to be argumentative, take it another way) is that God bless the people who serve(d) in the military. These are people and the God I grew up with blessed all people.

As an American, and a liberal, I want to add my personal thanks. The people serving are the ones that allow me to keep my freedom. Without their strength there are any number of idiots in this world who would gladly take those freedoms away.

Do I believe in this war? As I've posted many times I believe it was a mistake. Do I thank those who serve? You bet your ass I do.

There are things in life worth fighting for. If there is a God who does not recognize this, then he (or she) is not a God I wish to worship.

Light you have the right to your opinions and to express them. But to do so in this thread is such an obvious ploy to raise rancor. If you believe in God and love, why would you do that?

lsbets
07-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Bet - let me thank you for being one of the few people on here who describes themselves as liberal who does not confuse supporting the troops and saying so with support for Bush. Liberal was not the best choice of words in my previous post, since people like you also fall under that umbrella. I hope you took no offense and understood the point I was trying to make.

betchatoo
07-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Bet - let me thank you for being one of the few people on here who describes themselves as liberal who does not confuse supporting the troops and saying so with support for Bush. Liberal was not the best choice of words in my previous post, since people like you also fall under that umbrella. I hope you took no offense and understood the point I was trying to make.

ls,
I never take offense at your posts even when we totally disagree. I think your bright and honorable and generally make good (even if I think their wrong) points. Besides, I don't think I'm bright enough to take umbrage.

Then again, I volunteered during VietNam and I protested that war, too. Make that dumb and confused. :bang:

Tom
07-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Bet, sorry if you get rolled into the lib labels - when in fact, I am refering to only the 4 horsemen - the 4 idiots. You are, of course, well respected here, unlike the other 4 who come here because they are afraid to speak thier views in public.

GameTheory
07-04-2006, 05:07 PM
If God said to Moses"Thou shalt not kill",then why would God want to bless a military that does the opposite of what he says. And I'm a POS for reiterating what God and his son had to say? Then you are also defaming God and his son.It's their words not mine.He didn't. He said, "Thou shalt not MURDER" -- and there is a very definite difference between murdering and killing in Hebrew. "Kill" is a mistranslation.

Why do people who have no idea what scripture says like to quote it so much?

schweitz
07-04-2006, 05:25 PM
As an American, and a liberal, I want to add my personal thanks. The people serving are the ones that allow me to keep my freedom. Without their strength there are any number of idiots in this world who would gladly take those freedoms away.

Do I believe in this war? As I've posted many times I believe it was a mistake. Do I thank those who serve? You bet your ass I do.

:ThmbUp: If only I could hear this from others on the left---thanks Betchatoo--it is encouraging to read a post from a liberal that is not full of hate or have an agenda.

Tom
07-04-2006, 05:53 PM
I don't think most liberals are that way - most dems and repubs are basically the same people - as our elections keep pointing out. Those free elections that our military has ensured thorugh the years.
There are wack-os on both sides - but they don't call the shots.

So Happy Birthday America - the pot shots like the one earlier in this thread will never topple this country.
And I don't know if God blesses contries or not, but if he does, it would be this one - the one that done more than any other in history to help the resot of the world. The most benevolent people in history get thier mail right here.
Of course, the damn stamps arre waaaay over priced, but.......:bang::rolleyes::lol:

Light
07-04-2006, 06:23 PM
there is a very definite difference between murdering and killing

I think God knows the difference between murder and killing. You're playing sematics.The word "killing" is what politicians use to rationalize murder.If you are killing an animal for food I would call that killing and not murder.But I dare you to stand in front of God with a dead Iraqi child and call that death "collateral damage".

Light you have the right to your opinions and to express them. But to do so in this thread is such an obvious ploy to raise rancor.

You know that works both ways. What Lefty said was offensive to me. Considering that the military has killed over 100,000 innocent Iraqi civilians,he is out of line to ask God to bless a war machine. In case you're not aware of it,allmost 50% of Iraqi population is made up of children. It would be more appropriate to ask God to bless them and protect them from the military.

Suff
07-04-2006, 06:35 PM
:ThmbUp: If only I could hear this from others on the left---thanks Betchatoo--it is encouraging to read a post from a liberal that is not full of hate or have an agenda.

yea, your such a unifier. :rolleyes: :faint:

GameTheory
07-04-2006, 06:44 PM
I think God knows the difference between murder and killing. You're playing sematics.The word "killing" is what politicians use to rationalize murder.You are changing the subject to avoid admitting you were wrong. I made no comment about whether this war or any other involved killing or murdering, just pointing out that you are incorrect with your "God said to Moses" stuff. What you implied is in the bible ain't in there. There is no such commandment, "Thou shalt not kill."

ljb
07-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Had Lefty said God bless our troops I would have agreed, but the military denotes Rummy/Cheney/Rice and to a lesser extent Bush to me. Remember that great Republican President Eisenhower's warning against the military-industrial complex. And again I say Light did make a point. One of the reasons Saddam is hated, is for killing thousands of Iraqis using means at his disposal. How many innocent Iraqis have died because of our invasion of Iraq ?

lsbets
07-04-2006, 07:16 PM
ljb - the military is the men and women who wear the uniform and go into harms way regardless of who the commander in chief is. You prove my point about folks who, despite their rhetoric, do not support the troops because they see that as tantamount to supporting Bush.

Dave Schwartz
07-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Light,

Frankly, I have been seething about your post all day. I really tried to resist.

First, there is the issue that you are using a misconstrued version of God's word... in order to justify your own agenda.

Then there is the fact that you have no problem spouting Bible thoughts like that... Tell me, do you believe in "civil disobedience" when you disagree with the government? I bet you do. What do you suppose the bible says about that? (Go look it up. I bet you won't be quoting that stuff back here.)

I actually wrote a post earlier but thought better of it. My wife always reminds me that when I wade into these political threads it hurts sales. So, I try to resist. After all, nothing anyone says is going to change your viewpoint.

As my wife and I were on the way to the movies we were discussing it. See, I am not a "hard core" conservative by any means. Compared to many of my conservative friends I am a bleeding-heart, leftist liberal. I even believe in social programs (just not most of the ones we have now). Heck, I am even open to changing my mind on an issue if a worthwhile argument can be presented.

But, the way I see it the "we-are-more-advanced" group (who typically do not believe in God anyway) has decided that putting a convicted murderer to death is wrong but killing an unborn child is okay.

So, there I am on the way to the movies and along comes Celine Dion singing her version of God Bless America. As my eyes were tearing up I thought how sad it is that an entire generation of Americans have absolutely no idea why I might be emotional about such as song.

To top it all off I am watching the new Superman movie and Frank Langella says, "Is he still about truth and justice?"

Not "Truth, justice and the American way." Just "Truth and justice."

First, they made us remove God; now they want to remove America as well.

Boys and girsl, we are in major trouble here.

Perhaps we can get by this speed bump in the road (that would be you, Light) and just celebrate the birth of our great country. And, Light, in case you haven't heard, it is called

America!

Happy fourth to everyone.

Dave Schwartz

PS: And to my wife... Honey, I just couldn't help it.

PPS: (After the fact) Okay, maybe this is a little soapbox-ish. But I'll stand by it.

Steve 'StatMan'
07-04-2006, 08:26 PM
To paraphrase a quote from a recent avatar (JustRaph? It was a great one)

America's Miltary. Protecting your ass, like it or not.

Count me with those who like. A lot!

Tom
07-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Real nice fireworks sbow in NY city tonight - they know how to party in the big Apple!:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

ljb
07-04-2006, 10:13 PM
ljb - the military is the men and women who wear the uniform and go into harms way regardless of who the commander in chief is. You prove my point about folks who, despite their rhetoric, do not support the troops because they see that as tantamount to supporting Bush.
As for our different interpretation of "the military" it will have to stand. I have always supported our troops with both verbal and monetary support. I do not support the current administration and it's policies.

Secretariat
07-05-2006, 01:28 AM
Boy, if there was ever a thread that illustrated the need for speration of church and state this one is it.

I can understand what Lefty meant knowing his background, and I understand Light's remarks on this.

Quakers do not engage in war, and their remarks might very well have been the same as Lights. It is not God who blesses people to go to war, as he/she/it beleives that God is against all war. And which denominational God are we talking about? This blessing of God is a way of somehow affiliating our earthly cause with the divine in some way. Truthfully, we do not know God's intentions in Iraq or elsewhere, but by throwing him into the fray ,we comfort ourselves and our soldiers in the righteousness of our cause.

If Lefty had said, let's pray in our own way that all our soldiers who are fighting in Iraq and Afghansitan come home safely to their families, I'd have been surprised if Light or anyone had posted anything.

Dick Schmidt
07-05-2006, 03:21 AM
I do so love thread drift. One guy wishes the troops serving overseas a happy 4th and the flood gates open. I especially love it when someone tries to use the Bible as if it were fact.

You shall not kill (murder). Nice sentiment but wasn't God in the process of leading his chosen people to the promised land. Only problem was, there were already lots of people already living there. Just how many died when the walls of Jericho fell? And what happened to all those people? They were used as slaves or killed outright. But it was OK since God was just keeping a promise to some people he liked better.

Yup, the Quakers don't fight. They were also on the kill list along with Jews, Gypsies, Slavs, mental defectives and homosexuals in Hitler's playbook. If no one fought for them, it was into the ovens, praying all the while.

If you don't like the war, vote to change it (and thank any available god you can do so). Don't condemn those who do the fighting. Remember, God leads invasions too. Ask any Arab what the word Crusade means to him. We all like to think we are right and that God is on our side. To date I can see little evidence of it in any study of history.

Dick

Religious War is like fighting over who has the best invisible friend.

fergie
07-05-2006, 07:27 AM
"Religious war is like fighting over who has the best invisible friend."

On the surface that sounds sooo shallow, but examine it and there is an ocean of depth. I'm putting that one in my "commit to memory file"--just hope at my age it sticks.
Fergie

Suff
07-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Mind you, and with all due respect to our Armed forces, of which I am an honorable member. US Airforce 1977-81.

Independence day is America's birthday. Although it is certainly apropos to show gratitude for assisting in preserving our liberty, in truth it is not a Military holiday. It's a civilian holiday. The celebration of the birth of these words.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

At the time, there were only 13th states. I thank them for there sacrifice's and courage. They hold a special historical place among America's 50 States.

The States and their signers.

New Hampshire:
Josiah Bartlett, William Whipple, Matthew Thornton

Massachusetts:
John Hancock, Samual Adams, John Adams, Robert Treat Paine, Elbridge Gerry

Rhode Island:
Stephen Hopkins, William Ellery

Connecticut:
Roger Sherman, Samuel Huntington, William Williams, Oliver Wolcott

New York:
William Floyd, Philip Livingston, Francis Lewis, Lewis Morris

New Jersey:
Richard Stockton, John Witherspoon, Francis Hopkinson, John Hart, Abraham Clark

Pennsylvania:
Robert Morris, Benjamin Rush, Benjamin Franklin, John Morton, George Clymer, James Smith, George Taylor, James Wilson, George Ross

Delaware:
Caesar Rodney, George Read, Thomas McKean

Maryland:
Samuel Chase, William Paca, Thomas Stone, Charles Carroll of Carrollton

Virginia:
George Wythe, Richard Henry Lee, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Harrison, Thomas Nelson, Jr., Francis Lightfoot Lee, Carter Braxton

North Carolina:
William Hooper, Joseph Hewes, John Penn

South Carolina:
Edward Rutledge, Thomas Heyward, Jr., Thomas Lynch, Jr., Arthur Middleton

Georgia:
Button Gwinnett, Lyman Hall, George Walton

Lefty
07-05-2006, 12:02 PM
This thread has done 2 things for me: It shows me that most liberals just can't leave their personal politics out of anything. And I have a newfound respectfor Betatchoo.
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GODBLESS OUR MILITARY!

Light
07-05-2006, 01:28 PM
You shall not kill (murder). Nice sentiment but wasn't God in the process of leading his chosen people to the promised land. Only problem was, there were already lots of people already living there. Just how many died when the walls of Jericho fell?
Dick

If God taketh away,that is his authority. That right is not given to man.

GODBLESS OUR MILITARY!

I'll tell you why he won't bless our military. The former powerhouse military crucified his son. Today's powerhouse military is crucifying his children.

There is no such commandment, "Thou shalt not kill."

Depends which version of the Bible you use.Try King James .

lsbets
07-05-2006, 01:32 PM
Depends which version of the Bible you use.Try King James .

All versions written in English (and every other language) are translations of the original written in Hebrew, and the original Hebrew uses the word for murder. So, it depends on whether ot not you use a true translation of the original document.

GameTheory
07-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Depends which version of the Bible you use.Try King James .Any version that says "kill" is a mistranslation. The scriptures were not originally written in English, you know. God had the meaning of the commandment changed when someone decided to translate it to English, is that it?

Secretariat
07-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Any version that says "kill" is a mistranslation. The scriptures were not originally written in English, you know. God had the meaning of the commandment changed when someone decided to translate it to English, is that it?

I think it was on Moses second trip to the mountain top.

Actually some interesting discussions on it here. To say without question it means "murder" seems to be in some question among these people. Also, interesting was the assertion that the first written listing of the commandments was in Greek.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=126792

Heres' the Hebrew;

"I looked up for definately Jewish sites, such as Bar Ilan (Yeshiva) University of Israel. They write, in an article on the Ten Commandments, the Hebrew original as found on two Samaritan boards (after the Ten Commandments there are two Samaritan writings): "(השלמה בראש הלוח) 1 אנכי ה' אלקיך אשר הוצאתיך 2 מארץ מצרים מבית עבדים (1) I am the Lord your God who took you out of Egypt, the House of the slaves 1 לא יהיה לך אלקים 2 אחרים על פני (2) There would be no other Gods but me 3 לא תשא את שם ה' 4 אלקיך לשוא (3) Do not take the name of God in vain 5 שמור את יום השבת 6 לקדש(ה)ו כבד את אביך (4) Keep the sacred Sabbath (5) Respect thy father and mother 7 ואת אמך. לא תרצח. (6) Shalt not kill 8 לא תנאף. לא תגנב. (7) Thou shalt not commit adultery (8)Thou shalt not steal 9 לא תענה ברעך עד שקר. (9) Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor 10 לא תחמוד בית רעך. (10) Sahlt not covet. "

And this was interesting:

"The Ten Commandments...were transferred orally, or in other means
that did not last to out times, and changes could easily occur.
Second, because they were translated from Greek, not from Hebrew. The oldest copy of the Ten Commandments is dated at 100 BCE (Before Common Era, aka BC) and available to view in Cambridge University and is
called "Nash Papyrus", after the Englishmen who bought it in Egypt.
(See http://www.xs4all.nl/~knops/timetab.html)"

I'm not sure what the Dead Sea Scrolls say as they would be probably be older than the Nash Papyrus.

Tom
07-05-2006, 04:34 PM
I'll tell you why he won't bless our military. The former powerhouse military crucified his son. Today's powerhouse military is crucifying his children.

So now YOU speak for God?
Which one, the real one or the jihad one?

And which military?
Sadaam's, The Taliban's, Bin Ladens?
The ones that target innocent people?

Rpd
07-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Just thought it applies to the discussion - I think the attachment takes time to be seen

Light
07-06-2006, 12:14 AM
So now YOU speak for God?

No.

Which one, the real one or the jihad one?

Einstein Said: All religions are branches of the same tree.

And which military?
Sadaam's, The Taliban's, Bin Ladens?
The ones that target innocent people?

The purpose of a miltary is to defend,not offend.

Tom
07-06-2006, 01:34 AM
1. Not what you said ealier. "I'll tell you why he won't bless our military."

2. Not true. As all of Bin laden's cowards, and he himself will discover, they worship the devil, not God.

3. Not true. Well, maybe - the best defense is offense.

Lefty
07-06-2006, 01:40 AM
light, you said the purpose of military is to defend and that's exactly what our military is doing. It's defending us from Iraq becoming a base of ops for more 9-11's and it's defending the Iraqui's right to democracy. Maybe it's not your milirary cause buddy, you just don't seem to be on our side.

Light
07-06-2006, 02:33 AM
1. Not what you said ealier. "I'll tell you why he won't bless our military." I wasn't speaking for God. It was my opinion of why God would not bless the military.

2. Not true. As all of Bin laden's cowards, and he himself will discover, they worship the devil, not God. That's your opinion. My opinion is you and Lefty are following Lucifer in disguise.

3. Not true. Well, maybe - the best defense is offense.
When the best defense is an offense, it must not offend God. If my neighbor came after me with a knife,and I was forced to kill him defending myself,I think God would understand. But If I suspected my neighbor was going to attack me with a knife and I went into his house,accusing him of plotting to kill me and killed him because the best defense is a good offense,then God would be offended.

This is similar to our actions in Iraq. And it is my opinion that God is offended with America's military today and would not bless it. However the relationship the men serving there have with God is their personal business and they may very well be blessed by God. But asking God to bless the American military complex is a joke.

you just don't seem to be on our side

That's because my loyalty is to God,not Mr. Bush.

Suff
07-06-2006, 07:14 AM
Just thought it applies to the discussion - I think the attachment takes time to be seen

Is this an accidental , by a sock puppet?

JustRalph
07-06-2006, 07:54 AM
Great post! Dave Schwartz !!!~~~~!!!!!

Rpd
07-06-2006, 08:28 AM
Is this an accidental , by a sock puppet?

Suff,

I tried to attach a cartoon but it didn't work......Lady Liberty saying thanks to our solders for giving their lives.

Suff
07-06-2006, 09:55 AM
send it to me. michaeledudley@yahoo.com and I'll put it up for you.

Lefty
07-06-2006, 11:33 AM
light, You don't have to have loyalty to our pres to have loyalty to our country. You do not have that loyalty as evidenced by your posts. You think Tom and I are Lucifer? I think you are a traiter and that's my opinion. I also think God will bless our military and our country but if he does not, i can still pray that he does. I also pray that you too, will see the LIGHT!

Lefty
07-06-2006, 11:43 AM
3.light says:
When the best defense is an offense, it must not offend God. If my neighbor came after me with a knife,and I was forced to kill him defending myself,I think God would understand. But If I suspected my neighbor was going to attack me with a knife and I went into his house,accusing him of plotting to kill me and killed him because the best defense is a good offense,then God would be offended.

This is similar to our actions in Iraq. And it is my opinion that God is offended with America's military today and would not bless it. However the relationship the men serving there have with God is their personal business and they may very well be blessed by God. But asking God to bless the American military complex is a joke.

That's because my loyalty is to God,not Mr. Bush.[/QUOTE]
lefty respond:

Once again you post the liberal lie. This is not similar to what we're doing in Iraq. You're a lot like the nut Ward Churchill that thinks 9-11 our fault and we need more of em. It's sad when a American won't proudly say: God Bless America!

kenwoodallpromos
07-06-2006, 04:18 PM
You got the Libs reading the Bible!!

Light
07-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Lefty

Are you supporting killing in God's name?

Lefty
07-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Lefty

Are you supporting killing in God's name?
light, you libs constanly pulling that one. Don't you have any orig thoughts?
I ask God to Bless the Military and Our Country. I think we're the good guys. I
Too bad, you don't.

Light
07-06-2006, 11:32 PM
Lefty

There is no way you can answer my question directly except to go around it which you just did.Because any direct answer to my question either way would make you look like a fool.I dare you. You pride yourself as a tough,righteous,gutty American. Where's your guts now?

Lefty
07-07-2006, 12:04 AM
I said God Bless Our Military.
Yes, I am asking God to help us defeat our enemies. I believe we are the greatestv country in the world. I want us to defeat all enemies to our freedom. DO YOU?

kenwoodallpromos
07-07-2006, 12:58 AM
At the time of the 10 commandments, the Jews' Levite tribe were God's chosen of the 12 tribes to carry out religious, civil, and military duties of the Jews. They had like a militia. Killing an enemy was allowed.
"After instituting the priesthood and erecting the Tabernacle, Moses orders a census which shows an army of 603,550 fighting men. These with the Levites, women, and children, duly celebrate the first anniversary of the Pasch, and, carrying the Ark of the Covenant, shortly enter on the second stage of their migration." (paraphrased from Exodus).

Tom
07-07-2006, 02:22 AM
Lefty

There is no way you can answer my question directly except to go around it which you just did.Because any direct answer to my question either way would make you look like a fool.I dare you. You pride yourself as a tough,righteous,gutty American. Where's your guts now?

A fool like Patton, Grant, Lincoln, Eisenhower........and your choice of adjectives once again gives you away. Do you object to the terrorists asking alah to bless thier 9-11 actions? Do you object to the jihad, which is mass murder in allah's name?

Light
07-07-2006, 02:37 AM
I said God Bless Our Military.
Yes, I am asking God to help us defeat our enemies.

Historically, every country good or bad has said "Bless our troops". And it has never had anything to do with God but always been man's justification for war.

Tom
07-07-2006, 03:19 AM
Not true.
Do you think we had to justify our role in WWII?
Do you think Englad did?
France?
Poland?

Did they not ask for God's blessing in thier dire attempts to save themselves from the Nazis?

How do you rationalize the Iraqi insurgency?
you say NO war is ever good, so how can you justify THIER actions?
Under your theories, should they not lay down and accept us being there?

Or......might it be that in some cases, participation in a war is justified?

Nobody like war, nobody likes killing, even your enemies, but you say it is never justified? Then one should always lie down and accept being conquered?

How about Afghanistan?
Was fighting off the Taliban justified, or not?
They took advantage of the Afghanis after the Soviets were forced out.

Hmmmm. Was the war against the USSR justified or not?

Blanket statements get real tangled, don't they?

Suff
07-07-2006, 08:21 AM

Lefty
07-07-2006, 11:25 AM
light, I guess you'll take the bounty this great country offers but won't even join us in a simple God Bless OUR MIlitary, or if this is better, GOD BLESS OUR TROOPSs, or GOD BLESS AMERICA, guess this all offends you. Well pal, you and all like you, offend ME!

Light
07-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Hitler also blessed his death squads.(military)
Al -Queda blesses their death squads(Military)
Bush blesses his death squads(Military)
Huto's blessed their butchers

You think America has a patton on God? You think God is American and conservative and as stupid as you are?You think if you get his blessing your country can do whatever they want and it will be O.K. with God?

Do me a favor. Next time you want the troops blessed go ask Lucifer cause he's in charge of that department. War is hatred in the extreme sense. He knows alot about that. God is Love. And you are blind if you cant distinguish the two.

But maybe I'm confused. Maybe Lucifer is your God.

Tom
07-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Nice answer, light - totally avoid the real questions I posed - because there is no way you honestly answer them and keep you air of superiority. Don't worry, most here already know the real answers.
You can't answer the questions because your views only apply to one side.
You DARE Lefty to answser you, yet ru away ffrom mine!
What a hippocrite! :lol::lol::lol:
What a JOKE!

Tom
07-07-2006, 01:18 PM
You think America has a patton on God? You think God is American and conservative and as stupid as you are?

I don't know about me being stupid, but I do know that a patent is what you're talking about, not General George PATTON! Freudian slip? Do Me a favor, next time you want to suggest someone is stupid, make sure your post is not suggesting you are! :lol::lol::lol:

Lefty
07-07-2006, 07:44 PM
light, once again. You are one ungrateful guy. Our troops shed blood and die for your right to go about your business every day and you can't even say a simple God Bless. Or even refrain from saying nothing at all. You go out of your way to put down these brave men and women and it's shameful. It's evident you hate this country. Thank God, we don't need you.

Tom
07-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Well said, oh Left one!

PaceAdvantage
07-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Somebody's pressing all the right buttons on Light these days. That's when the fun really begins.

Come on, somebody get on here and push the fool way over the edge...can't wait to see what he has to say next. Lsbets, are you out there? I know he likes you! :lol:

lsbets
07-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Somebody's pressing all the right buttons on Light these days. That's when the fun really begins.

Come on, somebody get on here and push the fool way over the edge...can't wait to see what he has to say next. Lsbets, are you out there? I know he likes you! :lol:

To be honest PA, its too easy. The fun left after the last time I sent him over the edge. Seriously, its boring, and this thread and the GI Joe thread don't hold a lot of interest for me. And I also have don't have a real problem with someone not thinking this is the greatest nation on earth. It is because he is able to say whatever he wants to about this nation that we are the greatest nation in the history of the world. I know, I jump on him and push his buttons a lot, but I only do it when he decides to quote neo-Nazis, or post anti-Semetic rants, justify attacks against the United States, or speak about how great and wonderful different terrorist organizations are. But if he wants to say this country sucks, he can go right ahead and do so. This is the first nation in the world where people have been able to say so, and the fact that he is still able to say whatever the hell he wants tells me I have done a few things right in my life to help enable him to speak his mind so freely.

PaceAdvantage
07-08-2006, 12:29 AM
Excellent reply, even though it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for....:D

ljb
07-08-2006, 08:29 AM
The neocon war mongering heathens are picking on Light. Just remember Light does have a good point in his original comment. God Bless America and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass on us.

melman
07-08-2006, 08:44 AM
Neo-con war mongers :jump: Oh you mean guys like Sec who want to let North Korea have it.

Tom
07-08-2006, 10:27 AM
That chicken hawk! :D

Actually, light is a misnomer - more like solar. You know, those solar lights, they sit in the sun all day long, bottling up energy (rage) and then glow brightly at dusk, but quickly fade out and go dark long befroe morning?
and Ljb, we are picking on Light? Aww, if the heat in the playground is too hot, stay home with mommy.

GaryG
07-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Hey lsbets...My memory isn't as good as it used to be and I forget, was Light going to sue you or come to Texas and kick your ass?

lsbets
07-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Hey lsbets...My memory isn't as good as it used to be and I forget, was Light going to sue you or come to Texas and kick your ass?

He's made various references to coming to Texas, and I was hospitable enough to say he is welcome anytime. He's also said he was going to sue me for saying he quotes neo-Nazis, because apparantly he doesn't like it being repeated that he quotes neo-Nazis, although he has had no problem using the quotes. Given how the guy comes unhinged so often, I think its fair to say that he's not very stable.