PDA

View Full Version : Bulls Sign Ben Wallace

headhawg
07-04-2006, 10:04 AM
This should make the Eastern Conference a little more interesting. And I don't think that Paxson is done dealing. They still need a big guard.

Bulls Get Wallace (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/07/03/bc.bkn.pistons.benwalla.ap/index.html)

Valuist
07-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Me likes it. I thought they gave Miami all they could handle in the opening round. The deal also is a significant subtraction for Detroit. The Bulls are a legit contender in the East. Curious to see what Pinny will put up for the season O/U win total.

michiken
07-05-2006, 07:24 PM
The worst thing that Detroit could have done happened - Big Ben left for a divisional rival.

Ben meant a lot to our Pistons and I am sad to see him go. He personified the classic underdog who worked hard and achieved success.

Behind the scenes, I am sure his leaving had to do with either disliking Flip Saunders or Rasheed (don't think before I talk ) Wallace.

The Pistons Iron Curtain of Motown Defense will never be quite the same.

headhawg
07-07-2006, 09:54 AM
Me likes it. I thought they gave Miami all they could handle in the opening round. The deal also is a significant subtraction for Detroit. The Bulls are a legit contender in the East. Curious to see what Pinny will put up for the season O/U win total.I see them as a 50 win team, but Paxson is still working some deals. One of the Bulls' biggest shortcomings is no "go-to" clutch player. They lose a lot of games near the end because, to me, they look like they are scrambling to find someone to take the shot. (They are also not so good from the charity stripe late in games.)

Have you heard the latest rumor? LeBron hasn't signed his fat contract because he's not sure that he wants to stay in Cleveland. Two teams that may get his services? The Bulls or the Knicks. I don't put much credence in those rumors, but it is curious that he hasn't signed yet, and I know that the Cavaliers fans are nervous.

Valuist
07-07-2006, 11:12 AM
I hadn't heard that about James.

As for a finisher, what about Ben Gordon? I believe he led the NBA in 4th quarter scoring in the 2004-2005 season.