PDA

View Full Version : Bris Super Tote

karlskorner
07-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Since Bris now requires user name and password, I have run into a problem. When I start Super Tote it moves on to user name and password, my user name and password are already entered. Press OK and I get a Microsoft Internet Explorer messsage "empty time stamp for user (null) move on and the next message states Session Error. You session is invalid. This error was generated on the wagering interface". E-mailed Tech Dept for Bris, haven't heard from them yet. Any thoughts ?

michiken
07-04-2006, 02:22 AM
This is just a big GUESS about the (cough) 'high quality code' done by bris:

a. They are attempting to set a cookie or start a session that is not recognizing IE's auto login (I assume you have told IE to remember your user name's and passwords - bad idea IMHO).

Sessions are similar to cookies as they can store variables like the track you have chosen to display odds for, etc. The session data is usually stored on their server instead of being passed to the browser client and to your local computer.

b. Apparently they are using a UNIX timestamp within the cookie to help indicate the time you logged in. They could set the session to expire after a few hours to keep user's from being logged on 24/7 and hence once more keep 'the borg offshores' from stealing data.

Time stamps are a convenient way to calculate math related time equations without having to deal in years, months, days, hours, minutes. I believe everything is calculated in seconds.

c. User (null) may indicate that their cookie is not accepting your user name. Instead of writing an error handler to test the user name data, it appears that they just let the script die and display the error messages you see.

1. Where you logged on for an extended length of time, say 8 hours? The original cookie may have timed you out....

2. Have you tried clearing all your IE Cookies and retry logging in?

3. Have you tried (a much safer alternative) by using the Mozilla Firefox browser (http://www.mozilla.com/) to log in?

Again these are educated SWAG's (Scientific Wild Ass Guesses)

karlskorner
07-05-2006, 10:05 AM
The answer from BRIS " log off internet, then delete your cookies, then go back and log onto the toteboard "

kitts
07-05-2006, 01:36 PM
I get a continue or cancel message regarding encrypted data on Netscape 7.2 but I just click continue and all is OK.

karlskorner
07-05-2006, 03:15 PM
If I do what BRIS suggest I dont't know what else I will be loosing, easiest for me is to sign on to register with TSN since they have the same Super Tote.

michiken
07-05-2006, 07:12 PM
If you have auto saved your user name's and passwords, they will not be deleted when clearing cookies.

Cookies have some great uses like tracking variables like site preferences, etc. But I bet every advertiser on the net has a profile of your surfing habits if you never clear them out.

Permanent cookies are one reason I never have and never will sign up for drf.com.

wonatthewire1
07-06-2006, 09:17 PM
If you use Firefox with the DRF and set to "clear cookies" when browser closes you'll be cool

:)

karlskorner
07-07-2006, 01:17 PM
Thank you, cleaned out my cookies ( 100's of them ), have SuperTote again, lost PA and had to reapply.

michiken
07-07-2006, 06:24 PM
Karl,

I like the idea of controlling my cookies and that is why I use Firefox. Under Tools/Options/Cookies, you can whitelist all good sites like PA that you want to store cookies for......