PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Rockingham

Charlie
07-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Many of you seem to like Rockingham Park so I thought I'd share a PORTION of a letter I had sent to a newspaper. It appeared in the paper a few years back. This pertained to rumours of Rock's closing.

In 1980 because of a huge fire the Rock was forced to close its doors, but thanks to the efforts of Rockinghma Venture Inc, the Rock was brought back to life in 1984. Can it be ressurected again? Highly improbable, thanks to some people on the NH legislature.

I cannot understand why these people refused to help Rockingham Venture in its quest to keep the track open. What about us fans, don't they care? More office buildings, a new mall, whatever, don't we already have enough of them? Yes, Video Poker machines would have been the answer to the problem. The Rock could have been booming once again, new rennovations and better quality horses. It worked at some other tracks that were in trouble and it certainly could have worked here. Why should Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun reap all the rewards from NH and Mass people? Why should a famous landmark be destoyed? Why should the feelings of so many Rockingham Park fans and workers be ignored? And finally, Why has the NH Legislature been so thoughtless?

But despite the uncertainty of the tracks future, this fan would like to thank the past and present owners for the existence of Rockingham Park. Its been so enjoyable and somehow I hope it can continue.

John
07-05-2006, 07:45 PM
"AMEN"