PDA

View Full Version : Henny Hughes

Stevie Belmont
07-01-2006, 09:52 PM
I saw this guy up close today....what an impressive looking colt. All mucsle and on his toes. Then almost snaps a track record at 6 panels. This horse could be something else.

kenwoodallpromos
07-02-2006, 02:53 AM
I will be watching...

Stevie Belmont
07-02-2006, 09:20 PM
http://prayingforcash.com/resources/_wsb_736x550_DSCF1214.JPG

Cesario!
07-02-2006, 10:47 PM
It was fun to watch. This horse was something else last summer -- I had him and What a Song as my top 2-year olds as of August last year.

It's great to see him back.

Great pic, BTW.

ELA
07-03-2006, 05:59 PM
This colt has really filled out very nicely. I don't know if he keeps moving foward from that race, however, based upon what he did and how he did it, it sure looks like it. It was effortless and if you sneezed, you missed the "open up on the field" move. Very impressive. Bravo chirped at him and used a couple of inches in his arms.

Scary thing -- he might be # 2 to Discreet Cat.

Eric

horse1
07-06-2006, 11:14 AM
thats an absolutely gorgeous picture, taken by a exceptional camera, great detail!!

and the horse, who chased around first samurai all spring, needed a resr, got one, and should be a torror at 8.5 f or lees, maybee at 9f, but thats a stretch.

xfile
07-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Somebody has Henny picked as LOCK OF THE YEAR for Breeders' Cup Sprint :cool: I agree I must say. I'll see if I can get the article for the board. It was very interesting.

point given
07-07-2006, 10:29 PM
thats an absolutely gorgeous picture, taken by a exceptional camera, great detail!!

and the horse, who chased around first samurai all spring, needed a resr, got one, and should be a torror at 8.5 f or lees, maybee at 9f, but thats a stretch.

I hear his target is the Kings Bishop at the Spa .

Stevie Belmont
07-09-2006, 10:44 AM
The Haskell is under consideration.

xfile
07-09-2006, 11:48 AM
The Haskell is under consideration.

Trainer says no Haskell

Bathless
07-09-2006, 12:36 PM
I hear his target is the Kings Bishop at the Spa .

The King's Bishop hits HH right between the eyes....

xfile
07-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Ok - Finally got a hold of the writer of this article. Since it is on a password protected page I cannot link to it. The owner of the domain (also the writer) gave me 100% permission to post this article in its complete form here on Pace Advantage as long as I include his domain url. I thought the piece was strong. I mean nobody else is stepping foward with this kind of statement this early! :cool: Written not by me -- but is written by http://www.fullcardreports.com (http://www.fullcardreports.com) who gives permission for this post:

Breeders' Cup Early Prediction

A Lock for November in July?

As of this writing it is approximately 4 months until Breeders' Cup and we already have our eyes peered and our ears open. Full Card Reports has a LOCK for you in the Breeders' Cup Sprint! This horse is currently flying so low under the radar that he is not even listed in the top 10 in Breeders' Cup points for the Sprint division yet (as of their 07/05/06 update) which is absurd. If you can find a racebook sleeping on the job to take your futures BC action on HENNY HUGHES in the Breeders Cup Sprint don't hesitate (make sure it is the BREEDERS' CUP SPRINT only). The odds offering should be generous!

Full Card Reports.....Reports: As reported by our own New York Racing - The Insider on July 6, 2006: "Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin announced that HENNY HUGHES will go next in the Grade 1 King's Bishop on August 26th at Saratoga. HENNY HUGHES was sharp in the 2006 debut, winning Saturday's Jersey Shore Breeders' Cup by 10 lengths at Monmouth Park in a sizzling 1:08.26. McLaughlin's plan for HENNY HUGHES following the King's Bishop includes the Grade 1 Vosburgh at Belmont Park on October 7th and the Breeders' Cup Sprint at Churchill Downs on November 4th. We love HENNY HUGHES as a sprinter and will be looking for some future books on the BC Sprint for him. He has been pointed for that race since last year."

The Time Off: HENNY HUGHES returned to the races on July 1st. Before we get into that, we want to tell you what he has been doing. HENNY has been on the shelf since his game 2nd place finish in the BC Juvenile on October 29. But HENNY HUGHES was NOT INJURED. His connections were smart as they prepared this sprint monster son of Hennessy to be a Sprint Champion. We knew all along that they kept him out of that 3 year-old dog fight all year for a specific reason. Why ruin him when you know you have the makings of a sprint champion. He will be fresh while all the other sprinters will be leg weary. He's a Hennessy. Which means 6 furlongs to 8f lookout but 9f to 10f is iffy at best. The connections, consisting of owners Zabeel Racing International and trainer Kiaran McLaughlin, made the right choice for the horse. How's that for a breath of fresh air. We believe they will be rewarded with a Breeders Cup Championship trophy!

The Come Back Race: Did you happen to see HENNY HUGHES put on a show in the $150,000 Grade 3 Jersey Shore Breeders Cup on July 1, 2006 at Monmouth Park? His first turn-back in distance to 6f since he was a budding 2 year-old at Saratoga last summer. In the Grade 3 Jersey Shore HENNY HUGHES won by 10 lengths going six-furlongs in a time of 1:08.26 and that was only .42 of a second off the 14-year-old Monmouth track record! When he crossed the finish line he looked like he was just getting his best stride going! It was a monster performance and we believe he can move way forward off of that race!

The Heart Of A Champion: We loved HENNY HUGHES as a two-year-old because he had the biggest heart of any thoroughbred of his generation. As a matter of fact, as big as many champion thoroughbreds of many generations. He's a Hennessy - He's just not going to stay longer than a mile. Ideally he will be a champion sprinter. This colt will not let another look him in the eye going 6f or 7f without burying that one with a powerful burst of speed. HENNY HUGHES needs to do just one thing and the sprint crown will be his. That one thing that unfortunately Barbaro and many other great thoroughbreds could not do. Stay healthy and avoid injury. That is why we would never recommend to mortgage the farm on any futures bet because half the battle is just getting to the race. But if Henny Hughes, who has had the advantage of being rested for 8 months, can avoid injury for the next 4 months he will be the Sprint champion come November 4, 2006 at Churchill Downs.

Conclusion: Places to look for Breeders' Cup future wagers would be your usual online books and in Vegas. If you don't find any taking action yet don't panic. Just keep looking and waiting and watching for when they do. And when they do take a shop around to see who has the best odds offering on HENNY HUGHES for the Breeders' Cup SPRINT. Make sure you get the SPRINT. Good luck.

http://www.fullcardreports.com

classhandicapper
07-10-2006, 06:37 PM
IMO, he has a great chance to become a top miler. I'm still upset they couldn't get him ready in time for the Met Mile. That's often a good race for very fast 3YOs because they get in light and some of the best older horses are not quite 100% wound up because they have other goals for later in the season.

xfile
07-11-2006, 08:26 AM
I somewhat agree - He might be good up to a mile. I'm 100% sure he's unstoppable to 7f. :cool:

Valuist
07-11-2006, 10:11 AM
Somebody has Henny picked as LOCK OF THE YEAR for Breeders' Cup Sprint :cool: I agree I must say. I'll see if I can get the article for the board. It was very interesting.

I think the BC Sprint is definitely there for the taking. It won't be at Belmont so Silver Train becomes a question mark. And we know HH loves Monmouth.

xfile
07-11-2006, 12:28 PM
I think the BC Sprint is definitely there for the taking. It won't be at Belmont so Silver Train becomes a question mark. And we know HH loves Monmouth.

Too bad this isn't 2007. Does he love Churchill? That is the question. Actually I think HH can beat any horse going 6f or 7f even if he had to run on broken bottles. :cool:

alydar44
07-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Great to see him back on the track. He was the most impressive 2yo last year. I don't know if we can say he's a "lock" for the bc sprint. Wasn't lost in the fog a lock last year?

Regardless, this guy is loaded with talent.

xfile
07-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Great to see him back on the track. He was the most impressive 2yo last year. I don't know if we can say he's a "lock" for the bc sprint. Wasn't lost in the fog a lock last year?

Regardless, this guy is loaded with talent.

HH will run rings around Lost In The Stretch...I mean Fog... going 6f.....:cool:

xfile
07-13-2006, 12:56 PM
I wish I could find a book who is using this as a guide. No HH anywhere. This is the most recent complete list:
http://breederscup.com/images/sprint_div.gif
Behaving Badly26
Wildcat Bettie B16
Sir Greeley14
Smokey Glacken14
Too Much Bling14
Bishop Court Hill13
Dubai Escapade12
Keyed Entry12
Magnolia Jackson12
Miraculous Miss12
Songster12
Sun King12
With Distinction12
First Samurai (injury)10
Major Success10
Pussycat Doll10
Silver Train10
Wild Gams10
Arson Squad9
Bettarun Fast (S09%)8
Kazoo8Swap Fliparoo8
Tiger8
Trickey Trevor (S09%)8
Friendly Island7
Anew6
Battle Won6
Diplomat Lady6
Hello Liberty6
Miss Terrible (ARG) (S15%)6
Mister Fotis6
Misty Rosette6
Noonmark6
Northern Soldier6
Splendid Blended6
Universal Form (S09%)6
Annika Lass5
Beautiful Bets (S09%)5
Gaff5
Jet West5
Bending Strings4
Big Apple Daddy (S09%)4
Bordonaro (S09%)4
Carthage4
Ebony Breeze4
Grecian Lover4
Grinding It Out4
High Button Shoes4
India4
Lake Alice4
Leave Me Alone (S15%)4
Livermore Valley4
Lost in the Fog (S09%) 4
Lucky J. H.4
Maryfield4
New Joysey Jeff4
Oceanus (BRZ) (S15%)4
Peace Chant4
Remembering Star (S09%)4
Spanish Chestnut4
Talullah Lula4
Unfurl the Flag4
War Front4
Win McCool4
Areyoutalkintome3
Level Playingfield3
Adieu2
Allswellthatnswell (S09%)2
Atlas Valley2
Attila's Storm (injury)2
Awesome Lady2
Captain Squire2
Celestial Legend2
Celtic Innis (S09%)2
Court Folly2
Dark Cheetah2
El Mirage Queen2
Ever Elusive2
Express News2Fifteen Rounds2Injustice2Jungle Prince2Kelly's Landing2Kuanyan2Mystery Girl2Pentelicus Dance (ECU) (S09%)2Press Camp2Saint Daimon2Smuggler2Stormy Kiss (ARG) (S15%)2Valid Brush2Acceleration1G City Gal1Judiths Wild Rush1One Way Flight1Oprah Winney1Primerica1Prorunner1Semaphore Man1So Long Sonoma1So Much More1Spirit to Spare (S15%)1Urban Guy1Wild Jam (S09%)1

xfile
07-29-2006, 05:35 PM
Exercise rider Bernie Dalton guided Henny Hughes in :46 1/5, handily, including finishing the last quarter in :22 4/5. Shortly after that workout, exercise rider Barry Downs breezed Invasor in :48 3/5.

Henny Hughes, who won last year's Saratoga Special (gr. II), is being pointed for the $250,000 King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I) for 3-year-olds running seven furlongs.

"I told Bernie to have Henny Hughes work in :48," McLaughlin said. "When Bernie came back, I asked him how fast he thought the horse worked. He thought the horse went in :48. He's a serious and awesome horse. This was the first time Bernie was on the horse. I want Bernie to slow him down the next time. We don't need to work him fast. We know he can run. We are trying to keep him at that level." :cool: http://racing.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=34615

xfile
08-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Ok - Finally got a hold of the writer of this article. Since it is on a password protected page I cannot link to it. The owner of the domain (also the writer) gave me 100% permission to post this article in its complete form here on Pace Advantage as long as I include his domain url. I thought the piece was strong. I mean nobody else is stepping foward with this kind of statement this early! :cool: Written not by me -- but is written by http://www.fullcardreports.com (http://www.fullcardreports.com/) who gives permission for this post:

Breeders' Cup Early Prediction

A Lock for November in July?

As of this writing it is approximately 4 months until Breeders' Cup and we already have our eyes peered and our ears open. Full Card Reports has a LOCK for you in the Breeders' Cup Sprint! This horse is currently flying so low under the radar that he is not even listed in the top 10 in Breeders' Cup points for the Sprint division yet (as of their 07/05/06 update) which is absurd. If you can find a racebook sleeping on the job to take your futures BC action on HENNY HUGHES in the Breeders Cup Sprint don't hesitate (make sure it is the BREEDERS' CUP SPRINT only). The odds offering should be generous!

Full Card Reports.....Reports: As reported by our own New York Racing - The Insider on July 6, 2006: "Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin announced that HENNY HUGHES will go next in the Grade 1 King's Bishop on August 26th at Saratoga. HENNY HUGHES was sharp in the 2006 debut, winning Saturday's Jersey Shore Breeders' Cup by 10 lengths at Monmouth Park in a sizzling 1:08.26. McLaughlin's plan for HENNY HUGHES following the King's Bishop includes the Grade 1 Vosburgh at Belmont Park on October 7th and the Breeders' Cup Sprint at Churchill Downs on November 4th. We love HENNY HUGHES as a sprinter and will be looking for some future books on the BC Sprint for him. He has been pointed for that race since last year."

The Time Off: HENNY HUGHES returned to the races on July 1st. Before we get into that, we want to tell you what he has been doing. HENNY has been on the shelf since his game 2nd place finish in the BC Juvenile on October 29. But HENNY HUGHES was NOT INJURED. His connections were smart as they prepared this sprint monster son of Hennessy to be a Sprint Champion. We knew all along that they kept him out of that 3 year-old dog fight all year for a specific reason. Why ruin him when you know you have the makings of a sprint champion. He will be fresh while all the other sprinters will be leg weary. He's a Hennessy. Which means 6 furlongs to 8f lookout but 9f to 10f is iffy at best. The connections, consisting of owners Zabeel Racing International and trainer Kiaran McLaughlin, made the right choice for the horse. How's that for a breath of fresh air. We believe they will be rewarded with a Breeders Cup Championship trophy!

The Come Back Race: Did you happen to see HENNY HUGHES put on a show in the $150,000 Grade 3 Jersey Shore Breeders Cup on July 1, 2006 at Monmouth Park? His first turn-back in distance to 6f since he was a budding 2 year-old at Saratoga last summer. In the Grade 3 Jersey Shore HENNY HUGHES won by 10 lengths going six-furlongs in a time of 1:08.26 and that was only .42 of a second off the 14-year-old Monmouth track record! When he crossed the finish line he looked like he was just getting his best stride going! It was a monster performance and we believe he can move way forward off of that race!

The Heart Of A Champion: We loved HENNY HUGHES as a two-year-old because he had the biggest heart of any thoroughbred of his generation. As a matter of fact, as big as many champion thoroughbreds of many generations. He's a Hennessy - He's just not going to stay longer than a mile. Ideally he will be a champion sprinter. This colt will not let another look him in the eye going 6f or 7f without burying that one with a powerful burst of speed. HENNY HUGHES needs to do just one thing and the sprint crown will be his. That one thing that unfortunately Barbaro and many other great thoroughbreds could not do. Stay healthy and avoid injury. That is why we would never recommend to mortgage the farm on any futures bet because half the battle is just getting to the race. But if Henny Hughes, who has had the advantage of being rested for 8 months, can avoid injury for the next 4 months he will be the Sprint champion come November 4, 2006 at Churchill Downs.

Conclusion: Places to look for Breeders' Cup future wagers would be your usual online books and in Vegas. If you don't find any taking action yet don't panic. Just keep looking and waiting and watching for when they do. And when they do take a shop around to see who has the best odds offering on HENNY HUGHES for the Breeders' Cup SPRINT. Make sure you get the SPRINT. Good luck.

http://www.fullcardreports.com

It looks like these fellows were right on the money with this horse back in early July :cool:

The Hawk
08-26-2006, 09:17 PM
Honestly, all you had to do was watch his race at Monmouth to know he figured to be a Breeders' Cup force. It was an extremely sharp effort. The question is/was, though: at what price? At the rate our top horses go down to injury what price do you need to get on a horse race 3 months in advance of a race?