PDA

View Full Version : What happened to handicap division?

stlseeeek
07-01-2006, 05:26 PM
the grade 1 older males are garbage

complete garbage.

breeding killed the older crop?

bigmack
07-01-2006, 06:18 PM
Without the second line I didn't know if you were talking about just slight garbage or what.

& without the third line I didn't know if you were talking about just this year or for all time.

Now I know - and I thank you.

Tom
07-01-2006, 07:24 PM
the grade 1 older males are garbage

complete garbage.

breeding killed the older crop?

Only one G1 horse ran at Belmont today - and he won.

kenwoodallpromos
07-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Older males;
3 yr old crop.
Green Monkey;
Older females;
Oaks females.
gelded males=FC!

Stevie Belmont
07-01-2006, 10:26 PM
Flower Alley,Invasor,Perfect Drift,Lava Man,Wanderin Boy,Brass Hat,Sun King.....Garbage??

stlseeeek
07-01-2006, 11:10 PM
yes

sun king, flower alley, perfect drift you name them and have to ask???

kenwoodallpromos
07-02-2006, 02:57 AM
Flower Alley,Invasor,Perfect Drift,Lava Man,Wanderin Boy,Brass Hat,Sun King.....Garbage??
If you believe the rumors on this forum, all garbage!
Of course, all Secretariat's peers were garbage too! lol!
It's all your point of view.

DrugSalvastore
07-02-2006, 08:25 AM
Let's not kid ourselves---they aren't very good...calling a few of them garbage is going a bit far.
There are some wickedly talented 3yo's---however...most of them have been suffering through soundness issues.

Invasor, really made no impression at all against the freaky 3yo Discreet Cat in Dubai. Since that race, Invasor has come to America and swept the Pimlico Special and Suburban Handicaps. As for Discreet Cat, he hasn't raced, and he made me look like a fool for declaring him the no doubt Kentucky Derby winner five weeks before the race.

Let's see Discreet Cat come back. Let's get Stevie Wonderboy back. The brilliant Bro Lo's had a pair of strong works on his comeback quest. Smokey Stover is very exciting--he's been on the shelf for a few months with God knows what. Henny Hughes finally resurfaced---he's back. Sweetnorthersaint had an abysmal trip in the Derby, ran a decent 2nd in the Preakness after grabbing a quarter at the start--he's better than people think. Your Tent or Mine has a world of talent--Drysdale won't have him back forever. Bernardini's got a lot of upside--he's taking it easy. Did anyone catch Bright One's dazzling MSW win on the Foster undercard? He's a serious looking lightly race horse. Achilles of Troy and Lawyer Ron looked fairly nice earlier in the year.

The 3yo division has real serious talent anyway---but there is a major lack of durability with that group...and it's hurting the image of that crop.