PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar Monday (8/26)

rrbauer
08-26-2002, 04:07 PM
Del Mar Monday August 26, 2002

Dirt played fair over the weekend. Expect same today.
Rails out 7 feet on the turf, helps the speed, but in small fields it’s less of an issue.

Today is Show Time….one horse per race that I think can hit the board. About half are ML Favs so no great price shakes, but when Mr. Tufts and Mr. Bauer get together it can’t be all bad!

R1
Elan. Firster can hustle. Draws a good post.

R2
Bonus Pay Day. Has tactical speed and check the company line in its last race.

R3
Breanna. 2nd off the claim. Good race over the track. Good post. Be bold, borrow and bet!

R4
Man Among Men. Gary Mandella needs some help. Lot’s of question marks here.

R5
Several candidates in here but I’ll take the Bartender and the barn change to Hofmans.

R6
Brief Message. Likely to find himself on the lead and the last time that happened…..

R7
Nicole’s Pursuit. Good post. Good tactical speed. And, likes to finish in the money!

R8
It would be very easy to jump on Beauty Contest’s bandwagon. Nice works. Lasix. Drops. And, oops…thumping, pumping P Val next door. I’ll try Julio off the claim with Roberta’s Mango.

Go Baby Go!

melman
08-26-2002, 06:52 PM
Not all that bad Richard, as a nice $18.20 in Man Among Men. Super hope you are hooked up in some nice 3's. On to the 8th where I am also on the bandwagaon with Julio"s.

rrbauer
08-26-2002, 08:47 PM
The Damage: Del Mar Monday August 26, 2002

Today is Show Time….one horse per race that I think can hit the board. About half are ML Favs so no great price shakes, but when Mr. Tufts and Mr. Bauer get together it can’t be all bad!

R1
Elan. Firster can hustle. Draws a good post. Result $125k yearling beats $100k yearling. Elan 2nd. Spensive 1st.

R2
Bonus Pay Day. Has tactical speed and check the company line in its last race. Result Tracked in 3rd to the far turn, took care of business and drew out to win by 4. 6/5! A gift!

R3
Breanna. 2nd off the claim. Good race over the track. Good post. Be bold, borrow and bet! Result Brianna (8/5) did all the work putting away Royal For Sure and Primacy, but Girl Talk (9/5) won the money tagging Brianna inside the 1/16th.

R4
Man Among Men. Gary Mandella needs some help. Lot’s of question marks here. Result Like that? Gary liked it! I really liked it! Kaachinng! Kaachinng! Win bets ($18.40). Exacta bets ($86). P3 bets (Started one). And, even a couple Show bets ($5.60). Have to spread the damage around!

R5
Several candidates in here but I’ll take the Bartender and the barn change to Hofmans. Result Bartending Mike doesn’t have a lot of “quick”. Johnny Ola has a lot of “quick” and today had a lot of “stick”. Carava off the claim. A frontrunner that closed! Johnny gets the win and the Bartender gets touched out of 2nd at the wire by his stablemate. P4 is off and running and P3 is alive to the 4 and 5.

R6
Brief Message. Likely to find himself on the lead and the last time that happened….. Result ‘Message got the lead so easily that Jauregui didn’t know what to do. So first he hustles him out of the CH turn—then realizes that he’s 4 in front and tries to gear him down, which he finally does that it’s just in time for the field to catch up and then tries to re-rally, but it’s too late. It all changed in the stretch as first Dr. Hill the big dropper got the lead then Neotorque came late and got the money. My “on the board” streak ends! So does my P3. So does my P4. Still up for the day….it ain’t over anyway!

R7
Nicole’s Pursuit. Good post. Good tactical speed. And, likes to finish in the money! Result ”Thank you Daddy”, is what Kris Mulhall is saying tonight as she gets her first win as a trainer via a Thoroughbred Corp. import. Nicole’s Pursuit saved the show with Wild And Icy 2nd. Had some doubles working....I say "had"!

R8
It would be very easy to jump on Beauty Contest’s bandwagon. Nice works. Lasix. Drops. And, oops…thumping, pumping P Val next door. I’ll try Julio off the claim with Roberta’s Mango. Result P Val smoked ‘em early with Lil Bit Devilish in a fit of self-destruction. Roberta tracked wide up the backside but then Sevens Wild got into the chase and Voladera came up the rail to make it close with Jade Vixen getting 3rd. Roberta was 4th tiring in the stretch. Beauty Contest broke running but dropped back and never got into the chase. I didn't use Voladera so my stuff didn't work here.

Summary: 2 Wins, 2 Seconds, 2 Thirds and 2 Also-Rans out of 8.

See ya Wednesday!

ridersup
08-27-2002, 11:05 AM
Pretty impressive analysis and result RR. Keep up the nice work.