PDA

View Full Version : What are your main betting sites and back-up sites?

trying2win
06-30-2006, 01:44 AM
I was just curious what other PA members use for their main betting sites and back-up sites (in case the main one is shut down for awhile). Here in Canada, our choices for Canadian or U.S. betting sites are limited, except for HPI, which only has a small variety of tracks available. So, for extra U.S. racetracks I use offshore racebooks.

MAIN SITE I use for U.S. racetracks is PINNACLE SPORTS
BACKUP SITE for U.S. racetracks is AllHORSERACING

MAIN SITE I use for Canadian racetracks is HORSEPLAYER INTERACTIVE
BACKUP SITE for Canadian thoroughbred racetracks is SBG GLOBAL

--Some interesting things about SBG GLOBAL are that they take bets on minor Canadian thoroughbred tracks that are currently running, like Northlands Park, Hastings Park, Marquis Downs and Assiniboia Downs. They also take bets on several minor U.S. thoroughbred tracks that you won't find at too many other U.S. betting sites or offshore racebooks.

--Of course there are some drawbacks to using some racebooks, such as the limits on what they will payout on some bets, closing off early before post time when taking bets, and for some of the minor tracks there are no toteboards available for them online.

-I like playing some of the minor tracks like Marquis Downs and Yavapai Downs, so I appreciate that SBG GLOBAL covers them. Since I usually bet early using ML's, I'm not overly concerned about early shut off times for them taking bets at some racebooks. And at places like Marquis Downs, there is no toteboard available, but that hasn't been a problem for me. As well, since I mainly play win and/or place bets, limits on payouts at some racebooks are not a concern for me either.

--So, in conclusion I think it's a good idea to have a 2nd or 3rd betting site available, for when your main one is having technical troubles or just for having an extra variety of tracks to play.

T2W

Red Knave
06-30-2006, 10:46 AM
MAIN SITE I use for Canadian racetracks is HORSEPLAYER INTERACTIVE
BACKUP SITE for Canadian thoroughbred racetracks is SBG GLOBAL

--Some interesting things about SBG GLOBAL are that they take bets on minor Canadian thoroughbred tracks that are currently running, like Northlands Park, Hastings Park, Marquis Downs and Assiniboia Downs. They also take bets on several minor U.S. thoroughbred tracks that you won't find at too many other U.S. betting sites or offshore racebooks.

I was using HPI as my main and backup :faint:. Thanks for the tip on SBG. I hadn't looked at them for a long time. I like Marquis as well.